• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zag4Hire
    Zag for Life
    • Nov 2007

The Crossroads of the Season

I stayed away for the past few games. Didn't even bother to record the PS game...Texted a family member 'No bother..I am tired of watching blowouts'. Got back from the gym and saw the highlights and I literally dropped my beer, splashed all over the carpet. Insiders to the team or staff, what is the deal? In the post wrap article, Few said he was afraid of this game so close to Xmas and soon after a big game...Don't tell me that! I would have done everything to tell this team you are not there yet, nothing matters except this game, etc. I haven't returned to the board since the night of Arizona game. I remember all the post before this past 3 of the last 4 stretch about Kool-Aid and Final Four. Where is that talk now? Now this board is littered with 'If I was the Coach', 'Josh letting us down', and 'Do the Zags Owe Fans an Apology?' I stayed away because I didn't want to read it, think about it, or contribute to it. I would have been slamming Few for moves, players for missed opportunities, etc. Regardless, the beat goes on, the team goes on, the scheduel goes on, etc. With the Portland State loss, our 'mulligan' for the WCC regular season schedule is lost and I hope the team knows that. It is the difference between playing some #15 seed in a West Coast city or a #9seed miles from campus. All teams are measure by their progress in the tournament and until the Zags get over the hump of an Elite 8 berth, there will be many of doubters out there. Even Vegas odds are getting soft on the Zags in the early rounds despite the 3-6 seeding. I will chalk up these past performances to fine tuning if the Zags can translate this to NCAA tourney wins. If so, this will bring us a lot better attention and a better mentality to the program. The fact that regular season success can translate to tourney success. If not, I am afraid to say but I can't see this team progressing in the next few years unless the Zags can maintain focus.
    IF YOU WANT A THING DONE WELL, DO IT YOURSELF. -NAPOLEON BONAPARTE
  • ZagLawGrad
    Zag for Life
    • Nov 2008

Sounds like some of the problems Louisville has may be what the Zags have-----it's all in their heads

"The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

Comment

• alaskazagnut

Thats whats wrong

"We've got a lot of guys that have mood swings and that's why I think we're not reaching our potential right now," Pitino said.
      Mood swings......Silly us, thats what is wrong!!!

Awinning mood one minute and a losing mood the next. Sounds more bi-polar to me.
      Last edited by Guest; 12-26-2008, 05:46 PM. Reason: bi-polar

Comment

• DrDrivel
        Kennel Club Material
        • Feb 2007

Or is the Collective swinging around them? Hmmm...? Yeah?

Comment

Working...
        X