• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BobZag
    Dark Lord of the Zag
    • Jan 2007

Bjorklund vs Bjorklund Won't Happen

Gonzaga University women's basketball senior Jami Schaefer, formerly Bjorklund, will be out at least six weeks with a knee injury suffered on Monday during the Bulldogs 67-38 victory over the University of Wyoming.

Schaefer, who was chasing down a loose ball in the first half, tripped and fell into the media table. She left the game and received eight stitches in the webbing of her right hand. After further examination, a partial tear of the posterior cruciate ligament in her right knee was noticed.

Just two games prior to the Wyoming contest; Schaefer had received four stitches above her right eye after taking a Portland State elbow to the face.

"Our hearts go out to Jami," said head coach Kelly Graves. "It's hard to swallow that she will miss the opportunity to play against her sister Angie [and the University Tennessee in the McCarthey Athletic Center Dec. 30], but the great news is she will be back for the home stretch of West Coast Conference play.

"Jami is a great person and such a valuable team member. She will be looked upon to help coach the younger players who will have to step in while she is recovering. I am convinced something positive will come out of this set back, I just don't know what yet."

The sold out Bulldog-Lady Vol game is set for 5 p.m. and can also be seen on KHQ.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."
  • Oldsport
    Kennel Club Alum
    • Oct 2007

I saw the piece written by Dave Trimmer yesterday. It's not a good time of the year for weeping.
    The players, coaches come and go, it's the Ladies Basketball program that endures!

Comment

Working...
    X