PDA

View Full Version : Next Year!!!

alaskazagnut
03-15-2007, 07:48 PM
Heres to Mallon and Raivio!!!!!

GU69
03-15-2007, 07:53 PM
We knew when the season started that this would be a down year. We had no real replacement for Adam.

And then things got worse when we lost Josh.

I am really impressed with what these guys did this year. It was more than I was predicting at the start of the season.

And next year will be better.

cielmike
03-15-2007, 07:56 PM
Thanks for all the great basketball moments over the last 4 years.

Mike

alaskazagnut
03-15-2007, 07:58 PM
I wonder.... would Santa Clara have played better?

We did not represent the WCC very well tonight and certainly did not represent Gonzaga University at all.

GU69
03-15-2007, 08:09 PM
Think how good Pargo and Bouldin and Downs will be next year.

And Pendo may be the heart of the team.

Ezag
03-15-2007, 08:12 PM
Next year is great and all but this was game was winnable and we played with no effort

brasszag
03-15-2007, 08:12 PM
The character of the seniors helps define a team most years - last year excepting.

This year we had two "quiet" workmanlike seniors (much love to DRAV and Sean) who didn't push the team- it's just not in their natures. They just went out and did the job eveery single game. And most of the team followed that... and it did get us some great wins.

I don't think Big Red's going to let anyone be complacent.

drnoe
03-15-2007, 08:16 PM
Don't rag on the Zags tonight...they simply didn't show up...they lost to a very mediocre team. Horrible way to end the season, but it is what is was. Less than 60 points sums up the whole game. I can't honestly say Few was outcoached or that Indiana played well...the Zags simply didn't show up. No sour grapes...Indiana deserved to win, but I hope they are ready to help enable UCLA to make it to the regional finals.

TheBeast
03-15-2007, 08:18 PM
Heres to Mallon and Raivio!!!!!

Ditto - Ditto!

Thank you for being great examples of GU on and off the court!

alaskazagnut
03-15-2007, 08:18 PM
Period.

LA Zag
03-15-2007, 08:33 PM
"Sometimes to appreciate winning you have to get your butt kicked."

Well, we did that alright. Our season parallels Duke's in many ways as both programs were drained of major talent in the offseason. But will be better next year because of this year. I am looking forward to it.

Best of luck to Sean and Derek.

To the rest of the guys, thanks for the ride this year. There were some major whoop-dee-doos, highs, and lows.

To the mods and admins on this board, thank you for your efforts in the transition and in sustaining the Zag fan culture we became accustomed to on the old board. I'll continue to check in from time to time whether from home, work, or abroad.

theothegreat21
03-15-2007, 09:19 PM
One thing this game made me realize is that I hope these recruits coming next year have true passion and leadership. I already love the attitude of Sacre when he said he wont leave her without a National Championship. That needs to be the attitude, not just making the tournment or making the sweet 16. It also seems to me that the most important "new" player next year may be Larry G. Tonight we missed his athleticism and ability to play with energy and passion.