Kennel Club Material
    • Jun 2007

The Sacre Factor

5-0 In the Line up.
    3-3 Without.
  • NEC26
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

They really need his beef inside its the one thing this team doesn't have right now.

Comment

• AustinDayeFan
      Bulldog Fan
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by NEC26 View Post
      They really need his beef inside its the one thing this team doesn't have right now.
      wow I have to totally disagree! The only thing Sacre is good for is body presence. This team is so messed up right now, its not Sacre its team leadership from Seniors and coaching staff.

Comment

• Nevtelen
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Sacre is a tough, physical inside presence and rebounder. Heytvelt either refuses to be this or is not able to. Sacre leaves a significant hole in this team. Not sure if he would have helped tonight or not, but he is definitely a missing piece.

Comment

• NEC26
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Well actually I do think this team does seem to be lacking a leader.We also need someone to take up some space, block out, and grab rebounds.I think Sacre could really help here.

Comment

• AustinDayeFan
            Bulldog Fan
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Nevtelen View Post
            Sacre is a tough, physical inside presence and rebounder. Heytvelt either refuses to be this or is not able to. Sacre leaves a significant hole in this team. Not sure if he would have helped tonight or not, but he is definitely a missing piece.
            He is a factor, but not a key factor. This team has failed to implement an outstanding center into its equation. The last time i checked, it is possible to give your big man the ball. I bet you a million dollars, if the guards start giving Josh the ball more you will see a more motivated productive player out of him. He's looked like a ghost the last 3 games, not like him!

Comment

• PHXzag
              Bulldog Fan
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Nevtelen View Post
              I agree, heytvelt is just not a true center and something we are definitely lacking. He's great at what he does, but that still leaves us lacking in other places. Sacre has shown promise early this year and I feel he will be a good contributer as the year and future years progress.

Comment

• Zag2000
                Redshirt
                • Aug 2008

I am waiting for Mr. Few and Co to put Josh and Sacre on the court at the same time... If they can both play some minutes without getting into foul trouble, it would give the Zags some inside presence.

This of course is assuming the coach starts directing his guards to get the ball down low...

Comment

• EngineerZag
                  Kennel Club Alum
                  • Feb 2007

I think not having Sacre for the last 6 games really does change things. We lose a lot of depth in the middle and we lose 5 fouls. I really think Josh has been much more tentative defensively because he doesn't want to get in foul trouble.

Comment

Working...
                  X