PDA

View Full Version : Zags have to play much better in 2nd

BobZag
03-15-2007, 07:45 PM
Those touchy feely finesse bunnies, instead of dunks, and inability to finish near the hoop is costing Gonzaga big-time.

Zags are not playing well. Down by 5 at half.

Like in my original post on this game, GU has only been hurt/beaten once this year (at SMC) by bigs. It's always the guards' 3-point shooting and GU's lack of commitment to contest them.

Deja vu all over again.

Not playing smart - must know your teammates - can't pass to Kuso on the break.

Okay, tougher defense and stronger finishes, or it ends here.

zagco
03-15-2007, 07:50 PM
For as poorly as we played at times, with various turnovers and silly missed shots and some poor decisions, I'm amazed we're not getting our azzes kicked. Indiana's a tough, physical team, but they don't have that killer instinct that would have buried us in the first half.

GU69
03-15-2007, 07:50 PM
We look tense and tentative to me.

And that surprises me. This team has had plenty of big games. They should be calmer.

MEZAG
03-15-2007, 07:53 PM
Playing about as timid and apprehensive as I have seen them this year. They are making Indiana look real good.

zagco
03-15-2007, 07:56 PM
I also think Sampson teams have a way of frutrating their opponents. Some of our look might just be that instead of nerves.

MEZAG
03-15-2007, 08:02 PM
I beg to differ, a Sampson team doesn't make our guys inside decide to put up a pathetic soft layup when they should throw it down.

zagco
03-15-2007, 08:05 PM
Yeh, those issues are not really defensible. We're really making some crazy mistakes right under the basket.