PDA

View Full Version : Sic 'em boys!

LynetteG
12-19-2008, 08:10 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/seth_davis/12/19/what.to.watch/index.html?eref=T1

With Stanley Robinson back, UConn will be unstoppable against a Gonzaga team that couldn't hold off Jordan Hill, writes Seth Davis in Five for Friday....

What to watch this weekend

The First Five

Saturday, 4 p.m. No. 2 UConn (9-0) at No. 8 Gonzaga (8-1)
We've been hearing a lot about how Gonzaga, perenially one of the best offensive teams in the country, has toughened up on D. Well now it's time to start hearing about how UConn, which routinely leads the nation in field-goal percentage defense and blocks, is putting up some major offensive numbers this season. The Huskies' 51.1 field-goal percentage is ranked seventh nationally, and they have five players averaging double figures. The sixth, 6-2 senior point guard A.J. Price, is still getting his mojo back after offseason surgery on a torn ACL. (Price is fully recovered physically, but he is not as aggressive as he was before the injury.) I chalk up Gonzaga's loss at a better-than-you-realize Arizona club last Sunday to a great team having an off night amidst a brutal schedule. Still, the Zags are playing this one less than 48 hours after facing Texas Southern at home on Thursday night. And if Arizona's Jordan Hill can beat up Gonzaga inside, imagine what Hasheem Thabeet and Jeff Adrien (not to mention the recently returned Stanley Robinson) will do.

UConn 82, Gonzaga 76

77Zag
12-19-2008, 08:53 AM
Wow, what a hype for the UConn dogs, sounds like Seth thinks they are going to eat us alive in the paint, yet walk away with only a 6 point win. Kind of jerking the leash in two directions for both teams of dogs. I think not Seth.

Nevtelen
12-19-2008, 12:35 PM
Wow, what a hype for the UConn dogs, sounds like Seth thinks they are going to eat us alive in the paint, yet walk away with only a 6 point win. Kind of jerking the leash in two directions for both teams of dogs. I think not Seth.

Not to far off, IMO. I think our guards/perimiter play can beat theirs, but we have no real counter for them down low. I obviously hope we win, but I think that's a pretty solid prediction from an unbiased source.

Rubbadub
12-19-2008, 01:09 PM
Whichever team is most successful at getting the other's starting center in foul trouble is going to win. That's my prediction.

JohnOGU
12-19-2008, 02:34 PM
Its gotten to the point where i dont pay any attention to any sports writers any more because i feel that i'm more knowledgeable than they are in the subject of college basketball.

This article being one of those cases.

BobZag
12-19-2008, 04:38 PM
Gut them with a spoon!

Bwahahahahaaa

TheZagPhish
12-19-2008, 04:54 PM
Whichever team is most successful at getting the other's starting center in foul trouble is going to win. That's my prediction.

Meech on Thabeet!