PDA

View Full Version : What to do with Indiana one thought

MDABE80
03-15-2007, 11:18 AM
Since DJ white and Mike White seem to be their "go-to" big men, I suppose Few could keep physical pressure on both of them. DJ is the one for larger concern though. Leads IU in scoring and rebounding. DJ shoots 68% from the line and Mike White shoots only 53%.

We do have Burgess, Sean, and Will Foster. I think I would be leaning on DJ lots. Fouls to give. Keep DJ and Mike WHite on the line...moreso when they're tired in the 2nd half. Frustrate them and be physical with those 2. Things just might might fall into place if those big guys are fatigues. They won't run and be lousy at the line. I would keep em at the line though. Neither is good at FT's and will be worse when they're frustrated and tired.

Keep IU running. They're not used to that with the Big 10 style of play. GU MUST attack and keep IU busy. Defend the 3 as IU shoots on average 15 3's more than anyone in the BIG 10. NO turnovers for our guards.

Finally, I would keep Pargo driving the key. They'll foul him....it's their style of play. They do foul a lot as they play hard defense. Pendo and Micah will be other keys. Keep them shooting! I suspect Wilmont ( remember the guy Ammo got into a slapfest with) will be trying to keep Derek locked up. Might work too. Wilmont is a very good on ball defender and he's 6 ft 4 and mobile.
Calloway is key and good mobile 6 ft 1 in guard. Pargo will have his hands full.

Indiana is lousy on the road (4-8). I mean lousy! 3 times zones away from home today. Could be a big factor. It means fatigue. Just some thoughts on this game. This will be a close one. They're a lot like us. Abe

HRZag
03-15-2007, 11:39 AM
Hey Doc, nice to have you back from the dark side.

We have our work cut out for us on the defensive end, but I think Indiana will be surprised at how many potent offensive guys we can throw at them.

In the end, we will score more points than them and get the W.

Then on to FUCLA!

MDABE80
03-15-2007, 11:42 AM
The ZAGS must wear IU out. Legs will go and so will their shooting. I'm serious about DJ and Mike White. Lousy FT shooters...keep em on the line.
Abe

LA Zag
03-15-2007, 02:20 PM
Let's hope the White brothers can't get their act off the ground:lmao:

Couldn't resist that one. Are they even brothers?

Seriously though, I have not seen Indiana play this year. Do they play big? Their physical stats don't seem too be overwhelming. They won't be like Stanford. Strictly by the numbers, I don't think we need to alter our game plan much. We should be able to beat them with our standard lineup and improved cohesiveness.

I recall seeing Callaway's numbers when he was a Juco. He had incredible stats in terms of shooting percentage and I think steals. My bigger fear is that they get someone hot from outside, like a Callaway. That is what does us in many times. However, they seem to have a balanced scoring attack so the tendancy would likely be not to keep feeding a person that might be hot.

MDABE80
03-15-2007, 04:19 PM
I think we can beat em stright up. Nothing wrong with smothering tactics though. Whatver it takes, Few will figure it out. Usually Coach Few does what's worked in the past. He'll be conservative. If DJ gets it going though, it'll be tough. He's a load....like Cory was.

IronLions
03-15-2007, 05:11 PM
Good luck to the Zags from a LMU fan. Make the WCC proud!:)