PDA

View Full Version : Any Chance Tonight's game is cancelled?

Zagpower
12-18-2008, 05:48 AM
Has anybody heard if tonight's game is going ahead as planned?

finechina2003
12-18-2008, 05:53 AM
Texas Southern arrives in Spokane, Thursday's game with Zags still on

From KHQ's website:

Posted: Dec 17, 2008 07:07 PM

Updated: Dec 17, 2008 07:07 PM

SPOKANE, Wash. - Sports fans, relax. Despite several inches of snow around Spokane, the game between Texas Southern and Gonzaga is still on for Thursday night.

Texas Southern's basketball team was able to land in Spokane Wednesday. They were scheduled to practice at McCarthey Athletic Center Wednesday night.
Thursday's game starts at 6 p.m. and can be seen on KHQ.
5 votes

Zagpower
12-18-2008, 06:11 AM
Thanks for the update! That's just one less thing to worry about today.

4AmericasTeam
12-18-2008, 06:27 AM
Anyone have an idea whether GU would open a standby general admission gate at some point if the place isn't going to fill up due to students being gone + bad weather?

lawzag
12-18-2008, 06:34 AM
that may have been the report last night - but I am not so sure it will be the report to day....I HOPE it is because I have tickets.
However - per the 6 am news - Gonzaga a currently CLOSED! All finals for today were cancelled. So..........

I suggest folks keep checking for updates.

dazags
12-18-2008, 07:40 AM
As of 8:30 PST this morning the game is still on according to the GU Athletic Dept. They will monitor the conditions though, for the rest of today.

HOOTER
12-18-2008, 08:52 AM
Man I hope the game doesn't get canceled. A Zags game will more than make up for the fact that I'm stuck at home. Plus, we need to get that loosing taste out of our mouths ASAP. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

ZagsGoZags
12-18-2008, 09:42 AM
yes, I'd like to get that losing taste out my mouth too, only if we don't look past the Texas team. And a sloppy win can keep some of that taste in the mouth.

On the news a few minutes ago, a GU representative from the Athletics Dept said the game is on, the teams are here, the refs are local, and it would take something 'miraculous' for the game to get called off

Sidebar: I 'm absolutely thrilled to see in print something with a tad bit of authoritativenes, the speculation that Austin will stay another year. I had not dared hope for that until now. Of course nobody knows for sure except him (if he has privately decided already) but the odds just changed and I couldn't be happier about the news. Especially when you think about Downs, Josh and Jeremy leaving.

BobZag
12-18-2008, 09:49 AM
"The show must go on."

The game will be played.

HOOTER
12-18-2008, 09:58 AM
"The show must go on."

The game will be played.

Right on!!! Thanks Bob. :)

mendiant
12-18-2008, 09:58 AM
Good!

I just gave these two guys my tickets....

They have been helping people get unstuck all morning long.

I hope they have a great time!

mendiant

hondo46
12-18-2008, 10:36 AM
If I'm going to make it to the game I'll need to put on my snow shoes and start walking right now.

jim77
12-18-2008, 10:41 AM
Nice to hear Austin might stay another year. The fella already has the skills to play in the NBA but, he needs more weight/strength. The only thing that will help is time.....no sense in him going to the NBA and getting beat up. Spending more time in school isn't too shabby either. One day he'll weight 230 or so and will be unstoppable. I think his performance against AZ was his best as a collegiate....so far :)

gozagswoohoo
12-18-2008, 10:43 AM
Nice to hear Austin might stay another year. The fella already has the skills to play in the NBA but, he needs more weight/strength. The only thing that will help is time.....no sense in him going to the NBA and getting beat up. Spending more time in school isn't too shabby either. One day he'll weight 230 or so and will be unstoppable. I think his performance against AZ was his best as a collegiate....so far :)

If Austin was still here for next season...it would TOTALLY change the dynamic and look of next year's team. (For the better, obviously)

GoZAGsMang
12-18-2008, 02:01 PM
I doubt even if it was -that your snow shoveler is gonna put the snow back.

Go ZAGs Mang

Zagpower
12-18-2008, 02:07 PM
LOL.

I better get that shoveling in advance, just in case.

PS. A lot of us must be stranded with our computers. My trade of shoveling for tix has about 350 views. Slow news day.

seasontixholder
12-18-2008, 02:23 PM
Screw this game, I'm staying put. I offered my tix to several people and they politely declined. Mark Few's IQ might be 98, but not their's!!

I measured the snow in front of my South Hill home at 1 pm and the accumulation was already 23". Since then, about 3-4 more have fallen. What a year to have given up skiing.

TexasZagFan
12-18-2008, 02:39 PM
I hear you guys have had 20" of snow in the last 24 hours. I haven't seen 20" of snow in Dallas during the past 12 years.

OTOH, we had close to 40" of rain in April or May a couple of years ago. Our reservoirs were almost full, but Birddog and the other Oklahomans diverted a bunch of that water for their use. :lmao:

:jk: