PDA

View Full Version : UConn having travel trouble

Angelo Roncalli
12-17-2008, 04:13 PM
The Huskies will leave for Seattle a day later after their flight out of Hartford Wednesday was cancelled.

They had originally planned to practice at Key Arena in Seattle Thursday morning but now will bus to Newark for a flight.

Even with the delay No. 2 UConn is arriving ahead of No. 8 Gonzaga, which is located about five hours away in Spokane. The Zags host Texas Southern Thursday.

http://www.theday.com/re.aspx?re=9b2a12e3-d726-4eed-a8b9-55c9e38e7a4c

dnj116
12-17-2008, 06:06 PM
Speaking of travel trouble...hope those of us in spokane who are planning on driving over for the BIS are able to. I got my tickets and this is always a reunion for my class. Hope the snow gods on snoqualmie let us through.

ExtremeJim
12-17-2008, 08:38 PM
Why not send the Bulldog jet back to Hartford to pick them up and deliver them to Seattle? How demoralizing would that be?

They can go home on the Greyhound.

Midwestzag
12-18-2008, 09:24 AM
Seems like a long time in Seatle before the game for UCONN. Hope the Huskies fill all thier spare time cruising the Seatle night life; I'm sure west coast Zag fans would be up to the task to show them a good time Thur. and Friday night.

TheZagPhish
12-18-2008, 09:41 AM
Seems like a long time in Seatle before the game for UCONN. Hope the Huskies fill all thier spare time cruising the Seatle night life; I'm sure west coast Zag fans would be up to the task to show them a good time Thur. and Friday night.

Funny idea but I'm not sure that's entirely possible, at least like it would be normally. This from a colleague who lives in Ballard, just North of downtown Seattle:

It's crazy for Seattle. I spent an hour and half this morning trying to make it to work (downtown) and never made it a mile past my house. The roads were littered with sideways cars blocking anyone trying to make it through. The buses even gave up and just let the masses out to fend for themselves on foot. It's still snowing pretty hard.

Seattle is not known for tolerating well this kind of weather. :)