PDA

View Full Version : NCAA MMOD question

GonzagaGurl08
03-15-2007, 09:37 AM
Question about MMOD. I can't remember if they block out any games? If they do, how do you know what one is being blocked out? Also, how long (after the game is over that is), until the archive comes up online. I only ask because I want to watch the Zags game, but 6:40 pacific is 2:40 am here in Paris. Thanks so much.

drnoe
03-15-2007, 09:43 AM
Not aware of any blockout provisions...you should be able to either watch in real time or archives. It doesn't take very long for the game to be archived.

lothar98zag
03-15-2007, 09:50 AM
They black out, online, the game that is designated to be shown on your loca cbs station. Since you are in Europe, I have no idea how that will work for you...

Worst case - you can listen to GU's radio broadcast live...

Thomas_Sutpen
03-15-2007, 09:52 AM
Question about MMOD. I can't remember if they block out any games? If they do, how do you know what one is being blocked out? Also, how long (after the game is over that is), until the archive comes up online. I only ask because I want to watch the Zags game, but 6:40 pacific is 2:40 am here in Paris. Thanks so much.

They block games that are available on your local CBS affiliate (based on your IP address, I think). Here in Spokane, for example, the Gonzaga game will not be available on MMOD because it will be on the Spokane CBS station. I'm sure there is some kind of hack around it (involving changing/masking your IP address), but I don't know what it is.

That shouldn't be a problem in Paris, but you may want to make sure you register with a local Paris address, just in case I'm wrong about how they determine your "local" area, and they blackout based on your registration location rather than your IP address.

Here's what the MMOD FAQ says about viewing outside of the USA:

Q. If I am outside of the United States can I still access NCAA March Madness on Demand?
A. We do not restrict your access to NCAA March Madness on Demand while you are outside of the United States. However, you may encounter issues with your Internet service provider or regulatory restrictions which may prevent or otherwise interfere with your access to NCAA March Madness on Demand.

GonzagaGurl08
03-15-2007, 09:54 AM
Thanks for the info guys!!!:)