PDA

View Full Version : What do you expect to see Thursday night

Reborn
12-16-2008, 06:33 AM
as the Zags return to K2? I will respond later as I have to get to school. I'm very curious what you all think.

Rubbadub
12-16-2008, 06:47 AM
A mudhole stomping.

HOOTER
12-16-2008, 06:49 AM
Something slightly different than their last game. ;)

Kiddwell
12-16-2008, 08:34 AM
Not to belittle Texas Southern, but this game should be a cruise. Hopefully Will Foster will play some significant minutes in both halves. We may need his big presence against UConn.

:]

jim77
12-16-2008, 09:33 AM
I'd like to see Josh get more than 6 shots. I'd like to see Will get at least 10 minutes playing time. I'd like to see a return of our inside game. I'd like to see us shoot more freethrows then them. I'd like most to get the win.

I'd also like the coach to tell the fellas NOT to take any 3's for the first 5 mintes of the game.

IrishZagFan
12-16-2008, 09:36 AM
The proverbial lambs led to slaughter?

BobZag
12-16-2008, 11:02 AM
Tuning up for UConn.

I'd like to hear the Kennel Club chanting "Beat UConn" at end of game. Get the team fired up.

FrosTbear
12-16-2008, 11:20 AM
I would like to see a track meet. Run, Run and see how many layups we can get. I too want to see Big Will with some playing time. I would like the seniors really shine and we can forgive them for their last non-game.

ZagnetitForce
12-16-2008, 11:20 AM
I wonder how many students will actually be there. Finals wrapping up...so many may have left...on their way out...finishing up finals...studying for last finals...and/or dead beat tired.

I hate to say it, but even though the Zags have not been home for a month I have a bad feeling the crowd energy is going to be low. I hope not, but I have a feeling.

johnwzag
12-16-2008, 11:29 AM
kenpom.com says we have 100% chance of winning. I will buy that.

I would like to see us work on our D and keep their score below 40 points. I want to see Will Foster in the entire game working his butt off on both ends of the floor. Heyfelt and Daye each play 50%. All the guards get even time to work on the things they need to get practice on. Zero 3 point shots. Practice those during practice. Every bucket should be in the paint or at the free throw line.

JohnOGU
12-16-2008, 12:54 PM
I wonder how many students will actually be there. Finals wrapping up...so many may have left...on their way out...finishing up finals...studying for last finals...and/or dead beat tired.

I hate to say it, but even though the Zags have not been home for a month I have a bad feeling the crowd energy is going to be low. I hope not, but I have a feeling.

I think the crowd energy will be fine. I actually a a student and got my ticket. I w####ocked to see the amount of sudets in line.

And Bobzag, I personally will start the "Beat UCONN" chant. Im sure others such as broncozag and theothegreat will see this and do the same.

Go Zags

roxdoc
12-16-2008, 02:40 PM
What do I expect to see ..... WILL with big time minutes. We don't need to play the BIS with a timid Josh.

It really is not what Will (or Rob) will "do", its just as much having Josh be able to play with more abandon. Will (or Rob) will have their moments, but what we need to do is give Josh some peace of mind ......"FREE JOSH"

gbnyba17
12-16-2008, 02:43 PM
i will also help with the UCONN chant. but maybe something along the lines of "go get uconn" just so it fits in the rythm of the chant... or maybe "beat the huskies"... either way the idea is great though!

JohnOGU
12-16-2008, 03:28 PM
i was thinking "Beat U-Conn" *clap*"Beat U-Conn" *clap*

Reborn
12-16-2008, 03:50 PM
I think we'll see a team that's just happy to be at home in front of their fans again. I think there's going to be a lot of love and pride being spread around K2, as the fans appreciate the 7-1 record they bring into this game. The fans are going to throw a welcome home party for the Zags, where there will be a lot of good cheers, and thunderous noise after some awesome dunks and three point shooting. The purpose of this game is as BZ says, to prepare for UCONN. The fans will help do that. I expect to see a very good and entertainting game. And that means get the good vibes flowing again, and get our confidence back up. We have a huge game Saturday so I don't expect Few to play the first six guys more then 25 minutes. This is a tune up game.

I expect to see an upbeat team, with a lot of confidence and focus. I think they'll bring a very business like attitude into this game.

4AmericasTeam
12-16-2008, 04:41 PM
Double figures from Sorenson

gbnyba17
12-16-2008, 05:04 PM
that could work john, or "beat-the hus-kies" clap clap clap clap clap "beat the huskies". this type of cheer is usually more sustainable than the chant with one clap in between because the one-clap-type usually gets goin too quick and then dies out. haha in reading this im not sure it makes sense but oh well!

BobZag
12-16-2008, 05:07 PM
Might not want to use "Huskies." Most folks in these parts equate that with UW.

UConn is best, mo.

Pargo the Destroyer
12-17-2008, 06:31 AM
how about "uconn sucks" it has the prerequisite 3 syllabals, plus you know a little taunting never killed anyone right? Even though the chant may not necessarily be true. Were looking for style points here not etiquette points. My season seats are about 5 rows above the Kennel Club so I hope I hear " something ".

Cant wait to go to the game, it seems like it has been sooooo very long since I have been to the Kennel

LongIslandZagFan
12-17-2008, 06:53 AM
U-conn-victs!
U-conn-victs!
U-conn-victs!
U-conn-victs!
U-conn-victs!

Pargo the Destroyer
12-17-2008, 07:10 AM
"u-conn-victs"

yes!