PDA

View Full Version : Profile: Demetri Goodson

Angelo Roncalli
12-15-2008, 06:15 PM
Freshman guard Demetri Goodson brings a long family history of athleticism to Gonzaga. His mom ran track for the University of Pittsburgh and his dad played basketball for Pittsburgh. Demetri started playing organized basketball in the third grade. With those genes, it’s no surprise that his siblings are athletes as well.

Demetri Goodson has seen a significant amount of playing time as a freshman. His older brother Michael Goodson is well-known as a Texas A&M tailback. Michael’s Coach Mike Sherman announced earlier this month that he did not expect Michael to return for his senior season as Goodson is expected to declare for the NFL draft. He rushed for 1,964 yards and 13 TDs in his first three seasons at College Station, Texas, including a career-high 847 yards as a freshman. Demetri’s sister, a junior in high school, runs track; his younger brother, an eighth-grader, is following in Demetri’s footsteps as a basketball standout.

Before deciding on Gonzaga, Demetri considered the University of Oklahoma, the University of Texas, Texas A&M, and the University of Kentucky.

http://www.gonzaga.edu/News-and-Events/newsdetail.asp?EventID=4364

gamagin
12-15-2008, 07:33 PM
I wonder if anyone has noticed besides me that these two brothers both have the uniform number three on their jerseys.

wonder if it's a family number and carries some special meaning.

Anyone know the story here ? I'm guessing there is something going on between the bros, at the very least. Maybe more. Like sis and perhaps even, mom, in her day.

MedZag
12-15-2008, 07:47 PM
He's alright. ;)

ZagNative
12-15-2008, 07:55 PM
Great piece! Thanks, Angelo!