PDA

View Full Version : Arizona Wildcat Fan - Great Game GU

AzWildcatFan
12-14-2008, 08:30 PM
I really expected to visit this forum and find a complete bashing of Arizona basketball. For the most part many of you are civil after GU lost to Arizona. As many of you have said this game was wanted by these young UA players more than the GU players wanted the game. Personally as the season unfolds I think Arizona will be in fine shape.

As for Mark Few leaving for Arizona this may happen but I and others do not think Mr. Few is NOT what Arizona is after. Word is in the news and the papers in Tucson that Mr. Few does not stand a chance of getting the Arizona job. Arizona is after a much higher profile coach that has the ability to recruit the high profile players that coach O went after.

Also I cannot understand for the life of me how GU is ranked as the fourth best team. Yes you have some tough games on the schedule but these games have yet to be played and the Arizona lost may just be the tip of the iceberg of how the season is going to unfold against highly ranked teams that GU will face that they have scheduled. Furthermore let’s face reality, GU does not play a tough schedule within its conference. These are some rather weak teams to have to play year end and year out,

Wayne State, Montana State-Billings, Idaho, Texas Southern, Portland State, Santa Clara, San Francisco, Pepperdine, Loyola Marymount, Saint Mary's, San Diego, Portland, Saint Mary's, San Francisco, San Francisco, Loyola Marymount, Pepperdine, Santa Clara, San Diego, USC Upstate.

HOOTER
12-14-2008, 08:37 PM
I really expected to visit this forum and find a complete bashing of Arizona basketball.

Instead you visit this forum and completely bash our team. Very classy.

MickMick
12-14-2008, 08:43 PM
Gee thanks :mad:

I appreciate that you found that we can lose with class :rolleyes:

AzWildcatFan
12-14-2008, 08:44 PM
Instead you visit this forum and completely bash our team. Very classy.

Who's bashing GU... I hope that GU continues to win. It will only help U/A down the road. I just don't get how GU came to be ranked 10th at the beginning of the season. You can not base the ranking on games not played. Honestly Arizona exposed weakest in GU and Mark Few has his work cut out.

Oh and I expect to be banned as this seems to be the concept on these forums when someone does say something the GU fans do not like!!!

MickMick
12-14-2008, 08:45 PM
The feeling is mutual

We don't "get" you either.

HOOTER
12-14-2008, 08:52 PM
Who's bashing GU... I hope that GU continues to win. It will only help U/A down the road.

Oh, in that case, all is forgiven. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. I guess when you said that Few is not a high profile coach with the ability to recruit high profile players or when you said that the season will go poorly for the Zags or when you implied that they are overrated I mistakenly took that as an insult. My bad.

zagsfanforlife
12-14-2008, 08:55 PM
azwildcatfan,
Basically you are a tool. GU is ranked 4th overall maybe because they smashed WSU, handedly beat Tennessee on a neutral court, beat Maryland and Oklahoma State easily, and have 6 players capable of putting up 20 on every given night. Theres not much to add considering AZ just took care of us, but come back and talk to us at the end of the year. We will see how much your prognostication comes true.

Stay classy Arizona. Stay Classy.

MedZag
12-14-2008, 08:55 PM
I and others do not think Mr. Few is NOT what Arizona is after.

Word is in the news and the papers in Tucson that Mr. Few does not stand a chance of getting the Arizona job.

Arizona is after a much higher profile coach that has the ability to recruit the high profile players that coach O went after.

Also I cannot understand for the life of me how GU is ranked as the fourth best team.

Yes you have some tough games on the schedule but these games have yet to be played and the Arizona lost may just be the tip of the iceberg of how the season is going to unfold against highly ranked teams that GU will face that they have scheduled.

Furthermore let’s face reality, GU does not play a tough schedule within its conference. These are some rather weak teams to have to play year end and year out

Classy, what?

GoZags
12-14-2008, 08:58 PM
Appreciate the visit, but I wouldn't mind if you'd just
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8Tiz6INF7I

MickMick
12-14-2008, 08:58 PM
May we suggest the Dons board (http://members4.boardhost.com/donscentral/)?

They will absolutely love you. You will make many friends....guaranteed.

MickMick
12-14-2008, 09:00 PM
GoZags
:allhail:

Appreciate the visit, but I wouldn't mind if you'd just
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8Tiz6INF7I

AzWildcatFan
12-14-2008, 09:00 PM
Oh, in that case, all is forgiven. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. I guess when you said that Few is not a high profile coach with the ability to recruit high profile players or when you said that the season will go poorly for the Zags or when you implied that they are overrated I mistakenly took that as an insult. My bad.

Well lets see what happens in 90 days... I do recall Coach Few saying a few years ago when he turned down UCLA that the only job he would be interested would Arizona, but is Arizona intersted in Few?

Come'on now... How many GU players are in the NBA currently? I have no clue but I would think its a small party... Mark Few is a high profile coach just not what Arizona will be after... Recuiting high profile kids is one thing landing them is another...

MedZag
12-14-2008, 09:04 PM
Well lets see what happens in 90 days... I do recall Coach Few saying a few years ago when he turned down UCLA that the only job he would be interested would Arizona, but is Arizona intersted in Few?

Come'on now... How many GU players are in the NBA currently? I have no clue but I would think its a small party... Mark Few is a high profile coach just not what Arizona will be after... Recuiting high profile kids is one thing landing them is another...

Your chiding, contemptuous attitude is not appreciated here. Just because you say it nicely doesn't mean it's appropriate or warranted.

MickMick
12-14-2008, 09:05 PM
:vomit-smiley-007:

BSUBronco74
12-14-2008, 09:05 PM
he probably had too much to drink tonight after the game. Don't play into it.

Ask any player on the Arizona team. My guess is that they respect the Zags and are glad to have come out on top today. It was a helluva game. And one they can be proud of, without this idiot making a fool of himself.

MDABE80
12-14-2008, 09:14 PM
A total college DICK!! lololollllll.this imp is funny. Hope we get a return game. It'll be different next time. I'd like to think there's some class somewhere..it's not with this fool. Now I REALLY hope we get these guys again.......in Phoenix or somewhere close so the fans can watch............are we sure this isn't a Husky trying to have some bizzarre fun?
It happened on the WSU board last week. a nobody showed up and insulted the hell out of the Coug faithful. I can't imagine an AZ fan doing this.....but they must have a few goofs too. Who cares...let's just go beat UConn next week.

HOOTER
12-14-2008, 09:14 PM
http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/movie/gallery/1133967/photo_05_hires.jpg

Stay classy Arizona. Stay Classy.

JohnOGU
12-14-2008, 09:33 PM
If you mean it was a helluva game in regards to the score being so close all game long, then yes, i guess it was.

I really feel that we played very poorly tonight. Like its been a while since i've seen us play this poorly. I couldnt believe it. Especially after the WSU win that we had.

I felt we were not smart on the court, we didnt play with heart (exception of austin daye), we looked very rattled from those presses (which we handled terribly), and we just did not show up for this one.

Josh not only had an off-game, he looked terrible out there. He looked confused. Pargo's shot has definitely improved, but that 3 he took was a long, LONG ways out. Our shot selection and court IQ looked very low tonight, in my opinion. This can all be fixed though is the good thing.

I hate to see us lose, but im glad it happened now. Especially with all the media thats been released lately talking about us going undefeated and such. Now we can come back down to reality, and play with some heart, intensity, and like the team that we really are. Because the team i saw tonight was not the Gonzaga Bulldogs that we all know.

Also, AZWildCatFan: you lost all credibility with the first post you made. Go on your own board and tell someone who cares. Yes AZ outplayed us and wanted it more. We had an off-game, and thats the reason why. Thats all there is to it.

zagsfanforlife
12-14-2008, 09:38 PM
agree Johno,
I think it was more GU having an off game then anything else.

vaboris
12-14-2008, 10:16 PM
LOL! that first post on this thread was great! I wonder if he was actually trying to be a dick!

MDABE80
12-14-2008, 10:42 PM
lol...I know a dick when I see one!!! He's "one" of em. lol.it's a funny thread. SOme complete newbie shows up and starts out with a decent tone and few statements...then he ignites! If you guys have been around longer than 5 years, this used to happen all the time. Same thing....I call "HUSKY" on this one........new name, same thought patterns. Funny though.

Dishman Coug
12-14-2008, 10:45 PM
If end of the year standings were based just on talent, they would finish first or second almost every year.

They would be lucky to have Few.

The Zags would beat Az 8 out of ten times. Few recruits the same type of kids AZ does, and the Zags have more talent this year.

They caught the Zags on a day where they were motivated and the Zags were not. Arizona is caught in that trap often.

Ezag
12-14-2008, 11:08 PM
Stay Classy Arizona, Stay Classy you Fu**in' ######bag!

JohnOGU
12-14-2008, 11:25 PM
You know, i've already posted in this thread, but i re-read what you said Wildcat fan, and its really quite amazing.

Im not sure the angle you were coming from? Were you trying to be a tool, or is that just how you are?

Lute Olson is a legend in college basketball. So if you're trying to wait for someone of his caliber, good luck with that.

Mark Few is a great coach that has done wonders with this program during his tenure here.

Get a clue, man.

NEC26
12-15-2008, 04:22 AM
I highly doubt this is actually a Arizona fan.

bartruff1
12-15-2008, 08:34 AM
:)
he probably had too much to drink tonight after the game. Don't play into it.

Ask any player on the Arizona team. My guess is that they respect the Zags and are glad to have come out on top today. It was a helluva game. And one they can be proud of, without this idiot making a fool of himself. I would think the current coach at Arizona would deserve some consideration especially if he has a big year. My impression is that the AD at Arizona is a dork and Bob assured me that Few would absolutely not go there ...congradulations to Arizona for their fine game and best of luck this season.....

coolhandzag
12-15-2008, 10:35 AM
Stick with me for a minute. A couple of week ago a client of mine calls up and informs me that in no way shape or from it going to pay his bill. I asked him if he was the client that built his home without a permit? The one I preformed the big, BIG miracle for. That would be getting him into the home that he is calling currently calling from? I was informed that is was no thanks to me! Really, the Structural Engineering that managed to actually get your home built to some semblance of the IRC was now the problem? All I hear was loud and long dose of abusive language. I asked him to “stop”. Then I told him anyone can be brave on the phone and that he should come into the office. He said he would but he has company (Arizona fans maybe?). I told him I would see him in 2 hours, and hung up the phone. It took a little bit to get there, but he was the sweetest guy face to face…….and he had a check in his hand when he opened the door.

Points being, Arizona won yesterday. Good for them. But that’s no reason to antagonize people. Anyone can be brave on the internet, it most certainly provide a high level of anonymity, and safety. And lastly….the bracket committee has the strangest habits. Like sometimes like seeding specific teams to meet in the round of 32 or the sweet 16. It probably won’t happen, but if it did I sure wouldn’t count on the Wildcats shooting 70% from the arc again. And if they don’t, most trolls, more specifically, the guy who started this thread would be just as pleasant as the above referenced client.

zag944
12-15-2008, 10:42 AM
difficult to collect money in the land development business these days

FlaCat
12-15-2008, 11:30 AM
Hey GU Fans,

I missed the game and went googling for some highlites but found this place.

For what it's worth from a UA perspective it seems like the NCAA hoops world has been turned upside down when UA looks to GU for quality wins!

Its evidence of how solid and respected Few's/GU's program has become and how, well, inconsistant the UA has become.

Of course, we still have the brand name but we are looking for another big time coach and anybody that says Few would not be considered is wrong. Why would Few leave? Money, I guess.

So, great win for us. I agree with the other UA guy that stepped on some toes earlier, GU's conference schedule won't get a team into the dance but a brutal out of conference schedule will. At UA we know a little about scheduling up and getting in (what is it 24 years in a row, now?)

Good Luck. BEAR DOWN, WILDCATS!

bullzag23
12-15-2008, 11:41 AM
As for Mark Few leaving for Arizona this may happen but I and others do not think Mr. Few is NOT what Arizona is after. Word is in the news and the papers in Tucson that Mr. Few does not stand a chance of getting the Arizona job. Arizona is after a much higher profile coach that has the ability to recruit the high profile players that coach O went after.

I would absolutely love to hear who this "higher profile coach" is that UA is supposedly going after. The only one I can think of right now that could potentially be looking for a job is....The General. Last time I checked he wasn't getting any younger.

BobZag
12-15-2008, 11:44 AM
I really expected to visit this forum and find a complete bashing of Arizona basketball. For the most part many of you are civil after GU lost to Arizona. As many of you have said this game was wanted by these young UA players more than the GU players wanted the game. Personally as the season unfolds I think Arizona will be in fine shape.

Also I cannot understand for the life of me how GU is ranked as the fourth best team. Yes you have some tough games on the schedule but these games have yet to be played and the Arizona lost may just be the tip of the iceberg of how the season is going to unfold against highly ranked teams that GU will face that they have scheduled. Furthermore let’s face reality, GU does not play a tough schedule within its conference. These are some rather weak teams to have to play year end and year out,

Wayne State, Montana State-Billings, Idaho, Texas Southern, Portland State, Santa Clara, San Francisco, Pepperdine, Loyola Marymount, Saint Mary's, San Diego, Portland, Saint Mary's, San Francisco, San Francisco, Loyola Marymount, Pepperdine, Santa Clara, San Diego, USC Upstate.

This is passive-aggressive at its finest. Classic but also old and worn out.

UA played great, earned the win. Congrats. See how simple it can be stated?

rennis
12-15-2008, 01:58 PM
This is passive-aggressive at its finest. Classic but also old and worn out.

UA played great, earned the win. Congrats. See how simple it can be stated?

Well Said BZ.

Also simply stated, the OP is an A$$hat.

JPtheBeasta
12-15-2008, 06:08 PM
Also I cannot understand for the life of me how GU is ranked as the fourth best team.

I've never quite understood this mentality. It's the same sentiment behind the "Over-Rated" chant you hear so much at games. What you are really saying is something to the effect of, "Your team must not be that good, because even we were able to beat you."

In a way, I route for most of the teams after we have played them- with the exception of UCLA, Duke, and a few others (UofA is creeping up the list)-because the better they do, the better it makes us look. This win, right now, is a "signature win" for AZ. To us right now, this loss is a hiccup on the road at a "neutral" court to a pretty solid team.

BSUBronco74
12-15-2008, 06:56 PM
by tamping down that other Wildcat fool's ravings. Good knowledge, I think you were going in the right direction although some of your thoughts were ambiguous, I'm guessing that was to stimulate response.

Thank you for your insight and for having the nerts to post on this board. I don't bleed Zag blue, but I do like the he11 out of 'em, I love college BBall, and I live in Eastern WA, which is why I lurk and sometimes post here. It's a lively community. No shortage of opinion, and plentiful opportunities to wax idiotic. Like we all do, so let's admit it.

Stay tuned. It's going to be a good year for the Zags. Maybe also for the Cougs, and jeez, even the EWU Iggles are looking decent. Plus, my BSU Donks are something like 7-2 so far. So the PNW has good ball, if you rule out the Vandals and the Huskies, we're pretty respectable up here by the border where the cruel white water drowns the vagabond who sleeps too low.

BSUBronco74

Bronco66
12-15-2008, 07:41 PM
Furthermore let’s face reality, GU does not play a tough schedule within its conference. These are some rather weak teams to have to play year end and year out,

... Santa Clara, ... Santa Clara, ... seems to me I recall the Wild-kitties had to come back to beat a weak Santa Clara team by a basket (ok 1.5 baskets) at the very end of the game that big bad Arizona blew an early 1st half 12 pt lead (http://santaclarabroncos.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/stats/2008-2009/scu05.html#GAME.PLY) in and trailed almost the entire 2nd half of ... :lmao:

bullzag23
12-17-2008, 01:09 PM
There is speculation that the first call this season could come from Arizona, which is working with an interim coach while looking to replace legendary Lute Olson in the spring. Even though it would be strange to see Izzo in Tucson or any other locale, it's not out of the question.

Good luck getting Izzo out of the "Izzone". He's been entrenched there for 25 years now- 13 as head coach.

Here's link to the article:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=3775108&sportCat=ncb

GeorgiaZagFan
12-17-2008, 09:36 PM
Let's be real about this game!!!
Arizona had played ONE home game in the previous 10 days against San Diego State! They were well rested, prepared, and pumped to play the 4th ranked Zags!!!
Gonzaga on the other hand had left Orlando (after winning the tournament) traveled back to Spokane, traveled to Indiana, back to Spokane, went to Pullman to play WSU AND then traveled down to Arizona to play the wildcats.
And even then the game was tied at 62 when the bogus foul call against JH as he tried to tap the rebound back out - that was a NO CALL all game long. Credit goes to the AZ player for hitting the gift free throws....but .....

On a neutral court with similar travel conditions Gonzaga beats Arizona by 15 to 20 points!!!

This will make Gonzaga stronger in the long haul!!

B Wayne
12-17-2008, 10:20 PM
Some of these responses to AZWildcatFan are classics. I thought the passive agreesive description, the "nice, but contemptuous and chiding" description were so accurate as to be disarming.

I also agree that AZWildcatFan is not from UA.

Remember some of the WWII movies where a soldier or service person (who speaks unbroken English) start becoming a suspect for things gone wrong? The antedote to find out if he is truly an American, rather than a Nazi spy, is to ask him a sports question like "How many homeruns did Babe Ruth hit." In true movie fashion, when he can't answer the question, they immediately know he's a phony?

Well did any of our esteemed board members attend UA or live in Tucson? You should ask AZWildcatFan a similar type question that hopefully you couldn't find on Google. Similar to asking a suspiscous faux Zag fan..who makes the best Calzones on campus? or..what item was commonly stolen from a famous statue on campus (Bing's pipe) If he can't answer...zing...we have a ringer. He he.

HOOTER
12-17-2008, 10:47 PM
Well did any of our esteemed board members attend UA or live in Tucson? You should ask AZWildcatFan a similar type question that hopefully you couldn't find on Google.

I'm guessing this bonehead is long gone. He's probably posing as a Saint Mary's fan on an Oregon message board or something like that. Good riddance.