• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thespywhozaggedme
    Banned
    • Feb 2007

Chucky McChuckstein rears his ugly head, yet again

Thirty eight some odd seconds left and everything that has been drilled into his head for four years simply dissipates and he once again reverts to the chucker that he knows he shouldn't be. Tie game and once again, pound the ball into the court, look at no other teammate and chuck up an off balance 3 pointer. UGH!!! The worst part was that the game was tied and he had to be the hero, there was no other option. Oh well, take the good with the bad. Much more of the former rather than the later, but...... (sigh)

P.S. The refs were very homerific.
  • ZagMan in Philly
    Zag for Life
    • Apr 2007

Are you referring to the three that Pargo put up with the game tied at 62? We came out of the time out, they played a pretty good zone defense. We passed the ball a few times, but could not penetrate their defense. Pargo then put up a three, he was WIDE opened, uncontested shot, not off balanced, it just did not go in. If it did, we would probably won.

I questioned why we would foul a 90% free throw shooter, when we were down by two with around 30 seconds.

We lost as a team, and Daye played great.

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
      Banned
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZagMan in Philly View Post
      Are you referring to the three that Pargo put up with the game tied at 62? We came out of the time out, they played a pretty good zone defense. We passed the ball a few times, but could not penetrate their defense. Pargo then put up a three, he was WIDE opened, uncontested shot, not off balanced, it just did not go in. If it did, we would probably won.

I questioned why we would foul a 90% free throw shooter, when we were down by two with around 30 seconds.

We lost as a team, and Daye played great.
      Not sure how long you've been around but over a four year period a pattern developed where in cruch time, regardless of the play called (an often it was the play called, to be honest) JP would pound the ball into the floor as the clock wound down and chuck up an off balance 22 foot three pointer. He seemed to be broken of this habit, but old habits die hard. You want the ball in his hands at the end of the game; however you want it in his hands to pass it to someone else. You never want JP to take a game deciding three pointer. We were tied, no need for three and definitely not by him.

Comment

• ZagMan in Philly
        Zag for Life
        • Apr 2007

I know what you are saying, it would probably be best if we had moved the ball a bit more, and try to go inside and draw a foul with the game being tied, but they did play a pretty good zone defense, and we didn't have much luck going inside throughout most of the game. They were daring us to shoot the three at that point, and JP took it. I wished it had been Austin, or Gray or Bouldin taking the three.

Comment

• MDABE80
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Jeremy doesn't shoot so well from out there. I'm likely his biggest critic. I love it when he makes em but most....by far ......most of the time he doesn't. In this one though, and to be fair to JP, there was nobody handy to take a shot and the clock was under 5 secs when he launch that beauty. I didn't think he had much of a choice on that particular shot.

Comment

• MickMick
            Zag for Life
            • Apr 2007

We don't want Jeremy to repeat this in March.

But he has been very, very good up until, and including a good portion of the UA game.

When Jeremy sees other players getting trapped into turnovers or passing up open looks, he seems to take it as a signal that he has the green light to "take over" the game.

There are times he has done it. Stanford two years ago. UConn last year.

There are times he hasn't. Memphis two years ago. Tonight.

Larry Bird was clutch almost every night.

Jeremy isn't Larry Bird. We shouldn't ask him to be.
            I miss Mike Hart

Comment

• TacomaZAG
              Zag for Life
              • Mar 2007

Easy on Pargo,

we can't hang this loss on him alone. IMO, he took that shot because the shot clock was winding down and the offense hadn't gotten a good shot. Lots of options, nothing working. I want the ball in his hands during crunch time, but I could live without the half court dribble until 5 seconds followed by the off balance 22 footer. It was the 10-0 run early in the second half that cost us the game, and the inability to adjust to the AZ press.

Team win, team loss..................

Go ZAGS

Comment

Working...
              X