PDA

View Full Version : One Road Game Too Many

El Voce
12-14-2008, 05:59 PM
One road game too many. One big arena with a non-Zag crowd too many. One home team fired up by their crowd too many. No energy, no smart playing down the stretch. A down game for our seniors. Put that all together, and we lose, albeit to a pretty darn good team.

Our Zags deserved to lose tonight. UA outplayed us, outhustled us. Major props to them. Over the course of a long season, there are going to be nights like this,there will nights like this, my Mama said.

Hopefully, our team will learn from this. My guess is that they will. All of us in Zag Nation can be very grateful that we laid this egg in December, and not in the middle of March. Perhaps our players had begun to believe the gargantuan amount of hype that had been heaped their way the past couple weeks. They are, after all, only human.

So, it's off to finals for the team, followed by a nearly sure win on Thursday that will hopefully get all the cobwebs out of their brains before the Battle in Seattle. A big win over UConn and Zag Nation can forget about today's game.

BobZag
12-14-2008, 06:09 PM
Zags have played as many games in Disney's Milk House as they have in K2.

Time to come home.

MickMick
12-14-2008, 06:11 PM
I'm still concerend about (IQ/handles/passing) out of a press.
No matter how tired they are.

This is what I envisioned Tennessee doing to us.

But...time to rest up and start a new streak. Welcome home guys.

Zag79
12-14-2008, 06:30 PM
One road game too many. One big arena with a non-Zag crowd too many. One home team fired up by their crowd too many. No energy, no smart playing down the stretch. A down game for our seniors. Put that all together, and we lose, albeit to a pretty darn good team.

the voice of reason, for a reason!

if anyone would have told me josh, jeremy and micah would have 14 pts between them but we would be tied with two minutes to go i would have laughed and called you stupid. i think that shows how good this team is even in losing. az is a good team, much better than most posters thought with wise, buddinger and hill. and we still clawed back to tie a game when our offense and shooting were not the best.

Reborn
12-14-2008, 06:31 PM
Starting the Season 7-0 for the first time I believe under Mark Few. Congrats for that, Zags. Winning streaks usually come to an end. You have provided us with a lot of thrills so far this year. We'll get back up. Let's start another one, and make this one longer.