PDA

View Full Version : Aaaaarrrrggghh!

Argentum
12-14-2008, 04:00 PM
Jeremy you're too good of a player to settle for that deep three at the end! Execution, execution, execution. Hats off to Arizona.

zagfan08
12-14-2008, 04:10 PM
Yet if he hit it you would be talking about what a gamer he is.

He tried to make a play, it didn't go in. Sometimes that's the way it goes.

Pleasant Peninsula
12-14-2008, 04:13 PM
Yet if he hit it you would be talking about what a gamer he is.

Nonsense. If he would have hit it we'd have said that it was poor shot selection that worked out well. It was an awful shot at that stage of the game regardless. That he followed it up with a pair of turnovers the next two times down the court didn't help.

It's really frustrating. I cannot remember Gonzaga playing well in crucial situations of a close game against quality competition since Morrision was around...

zagfan08
12-14-2008, 04:16 PM
What? It was a wide open 3 after an extra pass if I recall correctly. That isn't a poor shot.

Pleasant Peninsula
12-14-2008, 04:18 PM
What? It was a wide open 3 after an extra pass if I recall correctly. That isn't a poor shot.

"Wide-open" three from behind the NBA line by the worst three point shooter on the court during a crucial possession = bad shot. I don't see how you can possibly say otherwise.

Argentum
12-14-2008, 04:27 PM
If Pargo hits that shot I say he got away with one and we dodged a bullet. The only time I want him taking that shot is if he just dribbled it up the length of the court at the end of the game with time expiring. In other words absolutely no choice. Part of the problem on that play was that his teammates were kind of standing around waiting for him to do something.

All that said I wouldn't trade Jeremy for anybody else and know he and the team are going to learn a lot from this game.

LAZAGFAN11
12-14-2008, 04:27 PM
Zags are in dire need of a home game.

Defense played with some intensity in the second half. But we just couldn't get Heytvelt involved tonight.

Despite some of the turnovers, I liked what I saw from Meech tonight.

Also, we saw how much we missed Sacre today, as he would have helped guard Hill.

Coach Few needs to go over how to break a trapping defense in practice this week.

Overall, this was a good loss for the Zags. Much to be learned, and much room for growth for this team.

zagfan08
12-14-2008, 04:28 PM
I'm not saying it was the play we brought up but the play clock was down to 11 or so and we got a kick out and an extra pass to Pargo for the open 3, albeit a 23 footer or so. It wasn't a great shot but I really don't think it was a bad one.

I guess we'll just agree to disagree.

ZagLawGrad
12-14-2008, 04:32 PM

Sorry, that was a bad choice on Pargo's part. What is disappointing is that it's not his first bad choice from long range. He hadn't been hitting them, and we needed a 2.

Zag79
12-14-2008, 05:07 PM
:lmao: pargo has been the staple of our team along with josh. he missed a 3 pointer. big deal. if we would have hit open 3s throughout (instead of being 6 for 20 barf) it wouldnt have mattered. on top of that, the long 3 was the result of a terrible sequence of offense.

Coach Few needs to go over how to break a trapping defense in practice this week.

this is why we lost. period. the d was good, rebounding was good, but we scored way less than we avg. the guys were settling for long 3s instead of driving and/or passing into the lane to break the zone.