PDA

View Full Version : What are you excited about today?

bzzz61
12-14-2008, 05:19 AM
I'm excited to see great basketball and the continued development of a potentially unbelievable team

alaskazagnut
12-14-2008, 05:42 AM
We will be 8-0. New ground for Mark Few also. I will sell my house today. I get to witness redemption for part 1 of the Zag/'Zona unofficial series.

It will be raining Wildcats and Bulldogs and 3's by Gray, to prove that we are still the "Best in the West"!!!!

KSTATEZAG
12-14-2008, 06:16 AM
I'm excited to see Rob step up.
(Wrong...just wrong)

No, in all actuality I'm interested to see what happens if we get into foul trouble with our bigs--and how we'll subsequently respond with a depleted front court.

RenoZag
12-14-2008, 07:13 AM
Each game is a new chapter in the season-long story; today's scenes:

How will the Zags replace Rob Sacre's minutes, boards, hustle, fouls, etc. He has been an off-the-bench spark the last two games. . . Will they miss his presence?

What will Micah, Matt, Austin and Steven do to help on the boards ? Can the Zags win via the 'rebound - by - committee' approach ?

Will the Bulldogs finally break into the "WIN" column versus the Wildcats after two previous ( albeit one unforgettable ) attempts ?

Will Steven Gray's shooting touch continue the upward trend demonstrated in the last two contests ?

Those are the things that excite me about today's game.

And you ?

Reborn
12-14-2008, 08:51 AM
What excites me today is the Zags winning by a very quiet 20.
Watching Josh prove he's the best big in the country.
Watcing Pargo prove he's the best point guard in the country.

Raining 3's on their parade....everyone!!! I am excited to see a 3 Ball Fest. Of course led by our best pure shooter in the country, Steven Gray. But Matt, Micah, Josh, Jeremy and yes even Sorenson will get into the party.

A no name defense that shows CBS and that other S channel ESPN, that we, yes we,THIS ZAG TEAM, do know how to play defense.

2wiceright
12-14-2008, 09:01 AM
Becomming 8-0 for the first time in recent (or even distant?) history.

Taking one more step proving we deserve our ranking...

Putting ourselves in a position to become #3!

Watching us win one more time on the road against a very solid team, before finally coming back home to play in our own house!!!

gamagin
12-14-2008, 09:17 AM
the pursuit of Arizona !

Go Zags !

Nevtelen
12-14-2008, 09:20 AM
How the team does against the first really strong perimiter shooting team they've faced - can they hold UA to a similar shooting percentage from outside? Wise - probably. Budinger? I'm not yet convinced. Convince me, guys (Micah, this probably means you)! I'd love to see Budinger be held to even 40% from 3 (he's been shooting around a rediculous 60%).

How Josh deals with the first big-time post player he's seen in a couple of years who can match his heighth and athleticism (especially considering the lack of depth behind him).

MedZag
12-14-2008, 09:20 AM
Had to put on chains to get the car home this morning. Saw a 12 car pileup, a pickup truck through a business front window, and a good dozen or so vehicles abandoned along the road.

Don't think I'm leaving again today. Looking forward to the natural gas heating, my couch, and another zags W.

ZagMan in Philly
12-14-2008, 09:29 AM
Hosting the game at my home with a couple of recent Gonzaga graduates, that are serving in the Jesuit volunteer Corps program in the Philadelphia/Camden area.
We are excited to meet them in person, and cheering on our Zags to victory. 8-0 Baby!

Go Zags!

Areyoukiddingme
12-14-2008, 09:50 AM
Watching Micah Downs drop 30 on their arses!!

zag buddy
12-14-2008, 10:08 AM
If Poling has progressed, which I'm sure he has, I suspect he may play.

ZaggyStardust
12-14-2008, 10:27 AM
I'm excited to see run and gun basketball between my two favorite teams (with a big Zag win of course)! (I'm tired of that slow down crap)

I'm excited about Josh vs Jordan, Micah vs Chase and Jeremy/Meech vs Nic!

And finally, I'm excited to see Mark Few realize that AZ has nothing over Gonzaga and put that nagging little notion about leaving for (potentially) greener pastures to rest yet again!

GO ZAGS!!!!!

upan8th
12-14-2008, 11:28 AM
Not excited so much as worried that the Board's attitude that GU will win by double digits just by showing up will also be the attitude of the team. That they're looking past the UoA to UConn next Saturday. That all this distinctly premature Final Four buzz is setting the Zags up for a deserved tumble from their lofty perch. The crowd will be loudly pro Wildcats, it's doubtful we'll get any breaks from the refs, and this is a make or break game for UA.

I'll be excited if we come out w/a W and not surprised if we don't.

Reborn
12-14-2008, 12:39 PM
I KNOW the Zags will not be overlooking Arizona today, so you can relax, upan8th. Not after Tennessee lost yester. Not after a few near losses. Yesterday was a horrible day for upsets. I was glad the Zags didn't play.

I don't think people (fans) are overconfident. I sense more of an excitement and tremendous joy. Normally, this would be the game that we would be worrying about losing because we do so horrible right after finals. But THIS TEAM IS DIFFERENT. Enjoy the game, and relax.

johnwzag
12-14-2008, 12:49 PM
1 hour to game time :)