PDA

View Full Version : I can't watch!

23dpg
03-15-2007, 05:00 AM
My daughter's 5th grade concert is tonight at 7. I will have to DVR the game. I'm so bummed. Many of you might not realize this, but daughter's concert > GU tourney game.

I hope she doesn't have anything planned on Saturday.

Lizzag
03-15-2007, 05:08 AM
Hmmm. Perhaps a small, carefully concealed, earpiece? Your daughter will not notice, as I'm sure listening to the game will put the same expression of delight on your face that her music does. ;)

jazzdelmar
03-15-2007, 06:21 AM
I think u have your priorities clearly in order, my friend......

lothar98zag
03-15-2007, 08:31 AM
My daughter's 5th grade concert is tonight at 7. I will have to DVR the game. I'm so bummed. Many of you might not realize this, but daughter's concert > GU tourney game.

I hope she doesn't have anything planned on Saturday.
Make sure to talk to nobody after the concert is over - someone in the crowd may decide to blab the results before you can get in your car...

TexasZagFan
03-15-2007, 09:10 AM
I think u have your priorities clearly in order, my friend......

Agree 100%, jazz.

The week of St. Patrick's will forever be remembered fondly by me. Three years ago, my son's HS band marched in the St. Patrick's Day Parade in Dublin. The night before, they performed in a concert in St. Patrick's Cathedral. The entire trip was incredible...

...except watching Nevada torch the Zags a few nights later. Still, it was fun sharing a table with a few Gonzaga-in-Florence students at a sports bar near Trafalgar Square.

There's one more road trip before I end my days as a Band Dad: Washington, DC in April. I've been told the itinerary includes a tour of the White House.

23dpg
03-15-2007, 01:28 PM
We do a blind draw at work. My two teams are Old Dominion and ........Indiana. Karma?