X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cggonzaga
    Zag for Life
    • Mar 2007

Why not? Pitt beats the Cougs by 15 late in essentially a home game. We beat the Cougs by 22 in Pullman. I'm sure it won't happen but there is no doubt in my mind we are better than Pitt.
  • krozman
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2008

If WSU had beat down baylor, perhaps. I think a lot of people aren't sure about WSU yet, and for that reason, nobody will know how good of a win this is until later in the season.
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003

Comment

• CDC84
      Super Moderator
      • Feb 2007

Gonzaga has also played 3 more high major teams than Pitt...including Tennessee.

Pitt may have won by 15, but they were fighting for their lives until the last 4 minutes of the game when Wazzu's offense went sour. The Zags had the Cougs down by 33 at one point in the 2nd half.

That being said, if GU beats Zona (not a given) I would be highly surprised if GU supplants Pitt in the polls. It's just the way things work.

Comment

• cggonzaga
        Zag for Life
        • Mar 2007

I'm not sure how that relates to what I wrote Kroz? Head to head vs the same opponent is what I'm talking about. Our win was more impressive not to mention we've beaten better opposition than Pitt.

Beat me to it CDC.

Comment

• JohnOGU
          Professional Zag Fan
          • Feb 2008

In all honesty, id put us at #2. Yes, #2. UCONN never fires on all cylinders at once. They always have to one or two players winning games for them. That near loss to Buffalo only solidifies it. GU #2.

Comment

• NotoriousZ
            Zag for Life
            • Oct 2008

Shoot, I'll have to one-up ya and say #2 (and I ain't scared of NC either). Uconn isn't living up to the hype and I guess we'll get to see what's what on the 20th, but I'm saying we're better than them also.
            It's peanut butter jelly time!

Comment

• NotoriousZ
              Zag for Life
              • Oct 2008

Aw, ya beat me to the post, JohnO. Nice move.
              It's peanut butter jelly time!

Comment

• JohnOGU
                Professional Zag Fan
                • Feb 2008

Originally posted by NotoriousZ View Post
                Aw, ya beat me to the post, JohnO. Nice move.
                And you too, Notorious. A good call on both of our parts.

Comment

• cggonzaga
                  Zag for Life
                  • Mar 2007

I too agree with your posts but we're going to have to beat them before that happens.

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2007

In my complete homerific eyes. having seen the team twice in person. We're #1 or 2.

Comment

• johnwzag
                      Zag for Life
                      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by NotoriousZ View Post
                      Shoot, I'll have to one-up ya and say #2 (and I ain't scared of NC either). Uconn isn't living up to the hype and I guess we'll get to see what's what on the 20th, but I'm saying we're better than them also.
                      Kool-aid time! #2 is looking better all the time.
                      When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep - not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

• rennis
                        Zag for Life
                        • Oct 2007

Originally posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
                        In my complete homerific eyes. having seen the team twice in person. We're #1 or 2.
                        After last night I got to agree. I think if we beat AZ and Uconn, we are legitimately the #2 team in the land. Scary to think that would put the team one UNC misstep in an ACC road game away from #1. Yikes.

damn I'm excited!!
                        Originally posted by Coach Few
                        We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

Comment

• Nevtelen
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

I know we're all on cloud 9 and, yes, the team played very very well last night, but, hoenstly, I can't say I believe the hype until this team wins the battle of the boards by a decent margin against a good rebounding team. As it stands, the team is very very good, yes. But not FF good IMO.

Comment

• CaliforniaZaggin'
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2008

I don't care if we're unranked, as long as we keep winning.
                            What are you doing, Adam? Do you even know how many people go blind from pizza shrapnel?

Comment

• cggonzaga
                              Zag for Life
                              • Mar 2007

I know we're all on cloud 9 and, yes, the team played very very well last night, but, hoenstly, I can't say I believe the hype until this team wins the battle of the boards by a decent margin against a good rebounding team. As it stands, the team is very very good, yes. But not FF good IMO.
                              Not as concerned about rebounding like some others. We got outrebounded by 25 against Tenn and had an 18 point lead late in the game. I don't see us losing games because of getting outrebounded. I see us blowing teams out even worse when we start outrebounding teams.

What does this team have to do to impress you? How can you not see this team is FF and national championship good? I'm an optimist but anyone can see that this team is as good as anyone.

Comment

Working...
                              X