PDA

View Full Version : I'm a damn fool

FuManShoes
12-10-2008, 08:38 PM
I scoffed at those who said the Zags would throttle the Cougs. I sang the praises of Bennett ball. I was convinced this would be a close game, possibly loss because Heytvelt would get into foul trouble and no one else would, could step up againt the legendary pack D. I was wrong, so very wrong. Watching the game with my folks in a dingy sportsbar in Chandler, AZ, (we'll be at Sunday's game) brought a tear to my eye. If the Zags play that kind of pressure D and execute fast break magic, they will be unstoppable.

So I stand corrected.

MedZag
12-10-2008, 08:39 PM
I scoffed at those who said the Zags would throttle the Cougs. I sang the praises of Bennett ball. I was convinced this would be a close game, possibly loss because Heytvelt would get into foul trouble and no one else would, could step up againt the legendary pack D. I was wrong, so very wrong. Watching the game with my folks in a dingy sportsbar in Chandler, AZ, (we'll be at Sunday's game) brought a tear to my eye. If the Zags play that kind of pressure D and execute fast break magic, they will be unstoppable.

So I stand corrected.

First half is exactly what I expected this game to be.

Second half is exactly what I hoped this game to be.

I'll go back to rooting for WSU tomorrow, but for now, its time to enjoy the delicious cougar tears. :D

alaskazagnut
12-10-2008, 08:39 PM
The coaches and the players knew better. A tale of 2 halves. Awesome!!!!

RenoZag
12-10-2008, 08:43 PM
Fu, you weren't alone. . .I thought it would be a much much tougher game.

rawkmandale
12-10-2008, 09:26 PM
There are dingy bars in Chandler? If you said Glendale, I might buy that - but Chandler?

BroncoZAG615
12-10-2008, 09:32 PM
I'd like to give a much deserved props to johnOGU who was the most confident supporter of this team and their 'throttling' of the Cougs. Well done sir and I hope that confidence rubs off on some others around here.

JohnOGU
12-10-2008, 10:04 PM
I'd like to give a much deserved props to johnOGU who was the most confident supporter of this team and their 'throttling' of the Cougs. Well done sir and I hope that confidence rubs off on some others around here.

Thank you, Kind sir. Not to rub it in to you guys, but i told you so. We have a great team. Believe, and good things will come.

Go Zags.

ZagAccountant
12-10-2008, 10:06 PM
I would like to NOT give any props to JohnOGU because he drank all my orange juice and ate one of my eggs. Good call on the game, but bad call on being a roommate. hahaha. I did love hearing the up by 20 and 30 chants on tv though, brought a tear to my hungry/thirsty self. Go ZAGS! and I still love you JO.

Psychozag
12-10-2008, 10:08 PM
Who could see it coming? The last two we lost and the 7 before that we won, I think there was one game that we won by double digits. WSU games are always slow, frustrating, and close.

JohnOGU
12-10-2008, 10:11 PM
I would like to NOT give any props to JohnOGU because he drank all my orange juice and ate one of my eggs. Good call on the game, but bad call on being a roommate. hahaha. I did love hearing the up by 20 and 30 chants on tv though, brought a tear to my hungry/thirsty self. Go ZAGS! and I still love you JO.

Hahahaha. Classic Ebay.

530ZAG
12-10-2008, 10:22 PM

Uhhhh..ZagAccountant doesn't drink OJ. Only things that have a vent for a smoother pour and turn blue when it gets cold. hahaha. Props to JohnOGU..I thought it would be much closer. But more good games are on the horizon and we can't be satisfied with our performance. To be truly great, we need to improve every game (aka playing D and getting boards for a full 40 minutes).

ZagAccountant
12-10-2008, 10:34 PM
530zag? good name matty ice. If you are referring to my slight obsession with the God-like liquid that is the Light of Coors, then yes, I do indulge in its glory regularly. But, I only drink that tuesday night through saturday night leaving sunday and monday being dedicated to my OJ, of which I no longer have any because of my former friend JO. And, I know you also enjoy the Light of Coors unlike my horrible roommate, who i will rudely wake tonight at an obscene hour. haha

I agree, it was nice to see them put in a group effort tonight to beat a defensively good team. Heytvelt looks to be returning to his full form of domination against Psycho T. This could be a special season...