PDA

View Full Version : Ok State Boots Starter

Angelo Roncalli
12-10-2008, 09:02 AM
Ibrahima Thomas gone.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3755775

5 pts. 2 boards, a block and fouled out against the Zags. Didn't play against the Huskies last week.

HillBillyZag
12-10-2008, 09:11 AM
When he played for Patino at Kentucky he was the prototype gym rat, not the greatest athlete, but a clutch shooter, great ball handler & passer, and just would not be outhustled. I think even back then, many (including myself) thought Travis would make a great coach. I expect that he brooks little nonsense and will run a tight ship and a clean program. The question is?, will the Cowboy faithful give him the time to install his system and fighting spirit, I for one hope so, for they have a great young coach.

Nevtelen
12-10-2008, 10:25 AM
Even though he didn't do much stat-wise vs GU, Ok St just looked lost without him vs UW. They are way to short without him to make much noise in the Big 12. Hopefully Ford can still do okay with this squad because there is a lot of indivudal talent even if the physical shortcomings will preclude them having a good season IMO.

Birddog
12-10-2008, 04:49 PM
There are lots of rumors re Thomas, but who knows just what is the real case. More than likely, he just couldn't take anymore of Ford,who is rather intense in practice and on the sidelines. Additionally, he's a foreigner and hasn't played basketball all that long. By most accounts, he's a good kid, they just couldn't get along, so he's looking for a program where he feels he can fit. This is also the 2nd system in 2 years that he has tried to adapt to.