PDA

View Full Version : Who will The Fire Starter be tomorrow against The Cougs

Reborn
12-09-2008, 09:22 PM
In all big games this year I think there will be a fire starter. There will be someone who rises to the occasion and ignites the Zag flame. Against Tennessee it was Gray hitting all those 3's. Who would have guessed since he was in a shooting slump. Against Maryland we were looking real bad and suddenly Ira Brown ignited the Zags in the 4th quarter with his inspired defense. The game tomorrow is even a bigger game for me then the Tennessee game, and one some say we can lose. That adds to the excitement. It's a rivalry.........for East Side dominance.

Who is going to rise up tomorrow? Who is going to play in such a way that says "No. Not this year Cougs!!!" Who is going to be that one who ignites the team? Who playes in a way we will need tomorrow against a team who plays ugly? I've got to go with the guy who was raised and went to school in Eastern Washington, Josh Heytveld. Josh didn't play last year, and I think he is hungry to give back to Baynes what he put on us last year. Josh is going to come out with Fire in his eyes, and play even beyond what he has played so far, and we need that tomorrow. Baynes killed the Zags last year. No one could stop him inside. But we are different now. We also have Sacre who will come in and bang him around.

Or could it be Ira again?

gbnyba17
12-09-2008, 09:55 PM
either bouldin or pargo. bouldin hasnt forgotten that he was absolutely shut down last year against the cougs. and with pargo, i dont think i need to justify myself, that guy is a ball of fire. also seeing his quote that went something along the lines of "weve lost two years in a row to them, enough said". those two are gonna be ready to go tomm night. i cant wait! GO ZAGS!!!

kyle dixon
12-10-2008, 05:56 AM
I have to say it all starts with the engine of our team; Jeremy Pargo. Limit the turnovers, get the ball to the hot hand, make stops, we win the game.

Nevtelen
12-10-2008, 06:38 AM
I think the team will be focused and ready to go as a whole. As far as individual play goes, I think either Bouldin (he has a score to settle from last year's game) or Austin (he also had a bad game last year, and hasn't really been playing especially well). I also think Austin can match up pretty well with the Cougs, so I think it'll most likely be him that breaks out. He might or might not get a lot of boards, but I think he'll score a ton.

cjm720
12-10-2008, 07:00 AM
Bouldin and Josh has something to prove. I think they step up big.

GO ZAGS

johnwzag
12-10-2008, 07:56 AM
I believe it will be Pargo

Vizagra
Watch him. He is more focused than I have ever seen him. He wants to smash the Coug's. Can't wait for this game to start!

Zags-Bsee
Austin is going to take his 10-15 shots, if he is hot, he could easily be top scorer.

A swarming defense will leave him open often. WSU will probably be very concerned with Josh, nightmare to guard. He can score from anywhere, in the blink of an eye.

Which means that Micah and Steven will have their shots as well

And Matt is sneaky if you don't have a great defender on him

And Jeremy is going to inflict his random pain as well

What strikes me most about this team is how they size up the lack of talent in the competition. They eventually gain confidence and become very dangerous. We are just better. We block shot and make steals more then the competition.

The punches take their toll and if we are hot, we beat anyone.

But if I had to pick one, I am going with Jeremy. They are so focused on everyone else, I think he can take it to them a lot and will.

HillBillyZag
12-10-2008, 09:30 AM
I think maybe Matt & Josh owe the Cougs a little payback!!

ZagManFan
12-10-2008, 10:23 AM
Against Maryland we were looking real bad and suddenly Ira Brown ignited the Zags in the 4th quarter with his inspired defense.

When did we go to 4 quarters? Just kidding Reborn, but had to do it.

I think Josh and Pargo want this one bad being seniors and all. I can see a set play right off the tip for a monster dunk. Pargo to Josh.

Reborn
12-10-2008, 11:48 AM
Kidding is accepted and appreciated, ZagManFan. I knew someone was going to saysomething when I wrote it....thanks. Makes me smile a little bit more. I remember my first coach, my Grid Kids coach, used to kid me a lot. Of course I'm the oversensitive type so one night I ask him why he's always teasing me. He told me that he cared about me and that when he stopped teasing me that it would mean that he was probably upset with me. I've always remembered that, and it's helped keep my oversensitive nature in perspective while writing here on the board.:D

ZagManFan
12-10-2008, 02:42 PM
Ahhh, glad to hear it reborn.:D

As for the first play of the game I was thinking something like this one. Not a very good video, but I remember it like yesterday. I'm sure Romar didn't like it.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A-H_nY6FZU

Reborn
12-10-2008, 10:45 PM
Jeremy Pargo was the fire starter for sure. He opened the second half with a flurry, hitting the Cougs from every imaginable angle. He had two beautiful steals. Two awesome assists (to Josh and Austin for dunks). He had a 3 pointer from the corner, and one inside I think....and suddenly we were up by 10, and the Cougs were in trouble.

Josh had a great great game as I was hoping he would. Jeremy ignited the fire and Josh turned a small fire into a bonfire. He too was just awesome. The two guys are unstoppable right now, and they are quite a duo. More on this later.....They're like peanut butter and jam.