PDA

View Full Version : The Best Kept Secret In Spokane!!!

Zagfan
12-09-2008, 01:10 PM
Nearly 200,000 people call Spokane home and over 500,000 live in Spokane County. The McCarthey Arena holds up to 6,000 people and yet the GU Women's Basketball team averages fewer than 3,000 fans per home game. Why hasn't more people caught on and heard about the best kept secret in Spokane and maybe even in the Inland Northwest?
I challenge whoever reads this post to be at possibly the biggest game of the season thus far, when the Lady Zags take on South Dakota State. If you haven't heard the "Lady Jacks" are a great team and they have beaten every team besides Maryland this season. Come out and bring all your family/friends as we cheer our Lady Zags to victory!!!

BobZag
12-09-2008, 01:48 PM
They have beaten Mizzou, Wisconsin, Utah, Oregon, Illinois, Griz, that's two Big Tens, a Big 12, a Pac-10, a MWC... This would be a huge RPI win for the Zags but they'll have to earn it.

Fri, Nov 14 Missouri at Columbia, Mo. 6:30 p.m. 55 - 50 (W)
Mon, Nov 17 Wisconsin - Shrine Game Frost Arena 7 p.m. 64 - 44 (W)
Thu, Nov 20 Utah Frost Arena 7 p.m. 70 - 58 (W)
Sun, Nov 23 Oregon Frost Arena 2 p.m. 80 - 63 (W)

Caribbean Challenge MTE--
Wed, Nov 26 Maryland at Cancun, Mexico 1 p.m. 56 - 68 (L)
Thu, Nov 27 Illinois at Cancun, Mexico 8:30 p.m. 62 - 60 (W)
Fri, Nov 28 Montana at Cancun, Mexico 6 p.m. 64 - 59 (W)

Thu, Dec 04 Centenary (La.) * Frost Arena 5 p.m. 63 - 41 (W)
Sat, Dec 06 Oral Roberts (Okla.) * Frost Arena 5 p.m. 76 - 52 (W)

Zagfan
12-10-2008, 08:25 AM
65 - 55 (W)
at Minneapolis, Minn.

BobZag
12-10-2008, 09:32 AM
Barring an Arctic blizzard, we'll try to be there. Just had open heart surgery in the family so gotta take it easy.

It's amazing how good little ol' South Dakota State is. Big-Ten has very good women's basketball. They must have perfect chemistry and karma.

rabidrabbit
12-11-2008, 12:35 PM
Hi Zags!!!

This Rabid Rabbit invites your banter about tomorrow night's game at the SDSUfan board.

Here's the link to the Zags game thread.

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread.php?p=98446#post98446

You may find the Utah thread (another common opponent) an interesting background.

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread.php?t=7406

as well as the Jacks last game vs Minnesota (a team that Jacks are pwning in WBB)

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread.php?t=7548

Jacks are relentless on D, and potent on O. They are DEEP, and play DEEP into their bench. Starters average about 23 min and top 3 off bench 14 min. Nobody to key on, as they will have 8 different lead scorers through out the season. Prior to the MN game, Gopher fans were bragging how deep they were, and how they could run with anyone. Jacks showed them that they couldn't.

These are two of the top Mid-majors this year. Even ESPN experts think so.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=ncwexperts

I back BobZag, this is a game between two teams likely to be DANCING in March, so GET OUT TO THE BEST Kept Secret game for some FINE WBB!

Zags fans - any video feed/TV available of this game?

loberg
12-12-2008, 08:16 AM
the suoth dakota women's basketball team hates to lose,they'll find a way to "hang around" untill they've figured out a way to win, they stay close & no one this year has been able to close out a win against them yet, except in the second half of the maryland game,the team that beats them will have to work hard to do it.

rabidrabbit
12-12-2008, 08:49 AM
the South Dakota STATE women's basketball team hates to lose,they'll find a way to "hang around" untill they've figured out a way to win, they stay close & no one this year has been able to close out a win against them yet, except in the second half of the maryland game,the team that beats them will have to work hard to do it.

There is a South Dakota, that's the U of. Tonight, it's SD STATE that Zags need to play a great game to win.

Although, based on what I'm seeing from looking at the records, I believe the Jacks will win by about 10, 67-57.

But then again, I am a Rabid Rabbit!:lmao: :lmao:

loberg
12-12-2008, 09:04 AM
i hope your right on the point spread, two tough games only 2 days apart is pretty rough, especially when they're on the road on the other teams turff, but i think the jacks can do it , there's no quit in this team.

loberg
12-12-2008, 09:10 AM
hope the zag fans aren't going to let us sdsu(the other sdsu)fans hog all the posts, would like to get thier imput on the game also.

Zagfan
12-12-2008, 09:13 AM
SDSU @ GONZAGA

Tip off at 6:00 pm, I wouldn't miss this "Dog Fight"!!!

Zagfan
12-12-2008, 09:20 AM
Zag players, coaches, and fans let "the game" do the talking!!! Post away Jacks this isn't our first rodeo...

loberg
12-12-2008, 09:37 AM
got it....you don't like to stick your neck out, o.k.

BobZag
12-12-2008, 10:34 AM
We leave the trash talk to the high school sites. You lost to Maryland, we beat Virginia. Both good ACC teams. The Kennel is home sweet home for our gals. They haven't had any home-cooking in weeks and weeks. I hear they're hungry and ready. This is not the comfy cozy confines of Frost Arena.

Good luck.

rabidrabbit
12-12-2008, 10:43 AM
Any video feed of the game?

My subscription at GoJacks.com show no, audio only, but thought I get the Zags answer on this.

BobZag
12-12-2008, 05:48 PM
No video.