PDA

View Full Version : Nash or Stockton?

kdoggy
03-14-2007, 08:26 PM
I almost got excommunicated a few years back for broaching the subject. What they both had and have is that crazy +50% FG +45% 3pt, 90% FT shooting number. Discuss.

Did anyone see the Suns/Mavs game double OT tonight? Nice little warmup for the madness. If you must watch NBA, watch those 2 teams, so many skilled players on those teams.

former1dog
03-14-2007, 08:32 PM
Both awesome players. Obviously, Nash is a little more offensive minded in looking to score. Nash is very much a huge clutch player.

John was more of a scrapper, better defender.

John's assists numbers would be even more insurmountable had he had an Amare Stoudemire and a Shawn Marion (sp?) on his team. John had some good teammates, but not a combo that good. Obviously, Malone was no slouch. ;)

DrDrivel
03-14-2007, 08:38 PM
Um... helloooo! Greg Ostertag!

mdZag23
03-14-2007, 08:57 PM
Former,

Please tell me that the Malone reference was a complete and utter joke? With all the promise that Amare has and his potential to be ONE of the greats, you do realize that Karl was the greatest PF to play the game, period!
and Amare has a very long way to go.

Also, I like Shawn Marion but he will never sniff the top 50 players of all time.

But man do I love watching Steve Nash play basketball and I'd have to call it a WASH!

former1dog
03-14-2007, 09:04 PM
Former,

Please tell me that the Malone reference was a complete and utter joke? With all the promise that Amare has and his potential to be ONE of the greats, you do realize that Karl was the greatest PF to play the game, period!
and Amare has a very long way to go.

Also, I like Shawn Marion but he will never sniff the top 50 players of all time.

But man do I love watching Steve Nash play basketball and I'd have to call it a WASH!

I'm saying Nash has 2 awesome outlets. Stockton had 1 awesome outlet.

Not saying Marion is one of the greatest of all time. Just much better than any of Stockton's second choices behind Malone.

No argument on Malone. Definitely one of the greatest to ever play the game.

cair3
03-15-2007, 12:12 AM
stockton... a better defender + the hip hugging shorts= stockton is GOAT.

nash is a better scorer and more creative... its probably a wash.

i know id rather have a poster of stockton on my wall than nash

sonuvazag
03-15-2007, 06:52 AM
A wash. Both equally skilled but slightly different in priorites. Nash scores 2-3 more a game but gives up 1-2 assists. Both, interestingly enough, were drafted 15th overall. Nash has 2 MVPs but Stockton has a gold medal and helped Karl Malone get one. Both improved in the pros and had to wait for opportunities to start... I'd love to add Dan Dickau in this list but he hasn't got his chance yet.