PDA

View Full Version : The "What I Love About" thread

tyra
12-06-2008, 04:28 PM
This thread is the What I Love About [insert player or players' names here].
I'll start.

What I love about Jeremy is . . . his toughness, his phenomenal upper body strength, his unquestioned leadership presence, his mohawk, his tomahawk!, his personal story, his Assist to TO ratio, and his smile which lights up my living room even as we watch him on TV.

What I love about Matt is his quiet steadiness, his mop, his backcuts, his extraordinary use of his body to create room for layins, and the fact that we have him for another year.

Anyone else?

BobZag
12-06-2008, 04:42 PM
"We needed to experience how to win an ugly grinder, and we did that." -Mark Few

How Josh is playing.

Reborn
12-06-2008, 04:56 PM
How our Seniors are playing. Best group of Seniors since 2000 class. I think teams with a lot of seniors, and especially talented ones as we have, are teams that go far in March. Three starters and one very tough guy off the bench. I love these guys...:)

That we have athletic guys who can really "throw 'em down." I love great athletic dunks, and I know that kids do. I guess it's the little kid in me that likes those plays. They just make you get up and SCREAM....."DID YOU SEE THAT? OH MY GOD1!!!" :lmao:

bigblahla
12-06-2008, 05:17 PM
"We needed to experience how to win an ugly grinder, and we did that." -Mark Few
How Josh is playing.

That and Rob's effort. Meech's speed.

Ugly but good win.

johnwzag
12-06-2008, 05:22 PM
I love the fact that Micah Down's had 10 boards! I love the tough defense of this team.

fedwayzag
12-06-2008, 06:29 PM
I am going to be general as well. What I love is the upside of the team. I believe there is still room for a lot of improvement. Someone said in another post maybe Austin is only at 85% due to the knee injury this summer. While Steven had a great shooting night against Tenessee, his shot has been off. I think Ira will just continue to get better all season long as he gets more comfortable. Rob seemed to really played well today 6 pts and more importantly 6 rebounds in limited time. Very encouraging. While the season is long and there will be more ups and downs, I think this team has a very high ceiling.