PDA

View Full Version : Pargo's dunk

23dpg
12-06-2008, 01:47 PM
I just saw the highlights on ESPN.

Pargo's dunk at the end made the ESPN guys and myself give a little shout. Could someone youtube that thing?

LynetteG
12-06-2008, 01:50 PM
that windmill windup was S-I-C-K!

scrooner
12-06-2008, 01:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HhCTQ5qezY

23dpg
12-06-2008, 01:57 PM
Thank you.

calizag
12-06-2008, 02:04 PM
Few probably didn't like that dunk....but i certainly did...

vandalzag
12-06-2008, 02:09 PM
Did the dunk not count for two points? If I were to assume anything (like you are) would be that Coach Few would be unhappy with a missed dunk in that situation.

Reborn
12-06-2008, 02:48 PM
Wow!!! Wow!!! Wow!!! :D :D S I C K is right! :D

That is one of the many things I love about Jeremy. He CAN dunk. If you don't enjoy that talent then I feel sorry for your kids because youre a dead beat.

First: Few was NOT chiding Pargo for the dunk IMO. He was talking to him calmly after he took Jeremy out (and NOT for that dunk). He ended whatever he said by patting Jeremy on the butt, as if to say way to go kid!! It's my opinion that Mark Few was congratulating Jeremy for a great game and for being a great general.

Pargo has had quite a few great dunks in his career. I think this was his best....yes I said BEST......BEST... Remember that these young men/kids still like to have fun and that was one way they like doing it........ I am now sure that some fans will not be happy unless they can ##### out some player for doing good things.

pbriz
12-06-2008, 04:00 PM
I still think this one is his best....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1HPI5To4MY

zeeehjee
12-06-2008, 05:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6gVNhfho10

Only because of Tron Smith looking foolish.

MDABE80
12-06-2008, 06:03 PM
Showboating when the game is over makes GU look bad. Bad sportsmanship. I'd be surprised if Few doesn't say something corrective. Much more "zaglike" to show some humility and just end the game in a more civilized manner. Understated is always classy.:)

UberZagFan
12-06-2008, 06:44 PM
Dunk of the year!

johnwzag
12-06-2008, 07:00 PM
Showboating when the game is over makes GU look bad. Bad sportsmanship. I'd be surprised if Few doesn't say something corrective. Much more "zaglike" to show some humility and just end the game in a more civilized manner. Understated is always classy.:)

Humility is good always, I agree. I also got to agree, the kids gotta have some fun too!

MDABE80
12-06-2008, 09:15 PM
I'm sure Jeremy's teammates had plenty of fun in winning.

RenoZag
12-06-2008, 09:22 PM

WAH WAH WAH. . .the bad Pargo man made a dunk when the game was out of reach. . .sniff, sniff, he must be a poor sport. . .

Eff those Hoosier fans and their little team too. Too damn bad that house fell on their sister. . .

kclubfounder
12-06-2008, 09:47 PM
He is from Chicago. The game was in Indiana. It was justified. And cool. End of story.

And I'll bet that is what Few told him.

cggonzaga
12-06-2008, 09:49 PM
I'm sorry Abe but a dunk with 1:05 left in the game is not being a poor sport and I'm sure the coaching staff didn't mind it at all. If there was 5 seconds left then yes but not 1:05.

azzagfan
12-06-2008, 10:00 PM
This one is my favorite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqPvIVn8Qdk&feature=related

azzagfan
12-06-2008, 10:02 PM
This one is good to, against Memphis in the Arena.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv5Cx_JQK-A

The result was unfortunately not as great.

Nevtelen
12-07-2008, 12:41 AM
My fav is this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e17Sc4gjxyc&feature=related). Not that it was better techinally than those others, but it was in the final WCC game of the season 2 years ago and with SCU loosing at that point to Pepp, GU had won the conference, something which had been in doubt. That dunk put such a great exclamation point on such a rough season...

LongIslandZagFan
12-07-2008, 07:41 AM
I'm with nev.... Love the 360.

Zag4Hire
12-07-2008, 08:02 AM
WAH WAH WAH. . .the bad man man made a dunk when the game was out of reach. . .sniff, sniff, he must be a poor sport. . .

Eff those Hoosier fans and their little team too. Too damn bad that house fell on their sister. . .

Best line of a GU broadcast so far: When the Big 10 sports color commentator described the action right after Pargo's dunk, "Here comes Moore trying to respond" and proceeds to get it stuffed by Sacre on some reverse layup from the hoop. Note for watching basketball: When your team has nobody that can dunk and the other team has one, two, or many, it is not as fun. A dunk may only be worth two but it does wonders for getting the crowd in the game and the team in the game. Watched that part again and Few was not mad at Pargo. Never got that intention when he did it and reaffirmed it later.

Also, a few people are saying the Zags should not be doing the deep ball during an inbounds. To which I reply: The Zags often do it correctly and at good times in the game and Bouldin was a talented high school quarterback.

NotoriousZ
12-07-2008, 08:36 AM
Awesome dunk and not at all inappropriate. My favorite Pargo dunk was not counted because of a B.S. offensive foul called on it. I'm upset because I can't remember who we were playing or even if it was last year or the year before. I think it was two years ago. On this dunk, Pargo seemed to leep ten feet high and then he slammed it down with authority right in the face of a helpless opponent. Anybody with youtube skills know which play I'm talking about?

MississppiZag
12-07-2008, 08:48 AM
It was last year in the Great Alaska Shootout, against Western Kentucky. It was one of the best dunks i have seen. There is only one video of it on youtube, but the picture is horrible. Not worth watching. Can't even tell who is doing the dunking, even though i know it was JP. It looked like a bad charge call by the ref.

NotoriousZ
12-07-2008, 09:06 AM
Thanks for jogging my memory, Mississippi. The Great Alaska seems like 100 years ago, doesn't it?

4AmericasTeam
12-07-2008, 09:58 AM
The dunk was great, and entirely appropriate when the opponent is still full court pressing with the apparent belief they have a slight chance for a comeback. My immediate concern as I saw the "touchdown" play unfold was a flashback to the Georgia game last year when Pargo got drilled on the breakaway. My guess (only a guess) is that when Pargo exited the game, Few might have said something like great dunk but we can't have you get hurt.

ZagsGoZags
12-07-2008, 11:13 PM
That was my feeling also. There was a little pressure, Indiana still played like they had a chance when he dunked it.

I'm OK with sensational windmill dunks, and tomahawk dunks IF they go in. I have seen Ira and Josh (not this year) go for the sensational dunk and miss it, when a gentle layup would have been the odds-favorite shot to make. Then I don't like the showboating, especially if the game is close.

After all, in the scrimmage, Pargo missed one of those windmill dunks, if I remember correctly.

alaskazagnut
12-08-2008, 03:32 AM
WAH WAH WAH. . .the bad Pargo man made a dunk when the game was out of reach. . .sniff, sniff, he must be a poor sport. . .

If North Carolina can beat NC Asheville by 68 pts (their kindly inferior neighbors), then I really do not want anyone on this board to say we have to be good sports and not score too much on opponents who are inferior or if the game is already decided. I am sick of hearing about how we should let off the gas pedal to show sportsmanship and/or integrity. Seriously sick of it. That is worse for the integrity of the game than showboating or beating your opponent by 68.
Roy Williams and the UNC Tar Heels would agree with me too. That the biggest reason why they are #1 and we are not.

The basketball court isn't an orphanage or a soup kitchen. No mercy whatsoever. Those who disagree can go hug your nearest UW head coach and sing Cum by yah with the other "hoops huggers"!

FuManShoes
12-08-2008, 06:12 AM
Letting kids dunk and be kids and not insisting on 3 passes before every shot is probably part of the reason Few has attracted the caliber of player and athlete that the Zags are blessed with now. If a choir boy from Prosser could dunk like this, he would in a heartbeat (that's not to say Pargo isn't a choir boy - he just isn't from Prosser). It's not unsportsmanlike, it's youthful, explosive exuberance. And I stand in awe of it.

cjm720
12-08-2008, 09:15 AM
Does anyone know what number this dunk was on SC Top 10?

go zags!!!

IrishBulldog
12-08-2008, 12:23 PM
http://espn.starwave.com/media/ncb/1999/1204/video/991204gz1v.avi

WestSeattleZag
12-08-2008, 12:34 PM
Nice find! Good thing they weren't on the playground though, Kenyon would be doing 25 to life if Calvary looked back at him like that in real life, with Martin being the thug that he is.

BBAndersen2
12-08-2008, 03:08 PM

Gonzaga has always been known to be one of the classiest teams in the nation. I don't feel like Pargo's dunk was unsportsmanlike. When any player gets the oppurtunity to shocase his skills, he is going to take full advantage of it. It basketball.

Plus it made the SC top ten plays at #4 :D

alaskazagnut
12-08-2008, 05:21 PM
They let him have it. He took it. Thats basketball.

Why do they give them 40 minutes if they can't play for 40 minutes?