PDA

View Full Version : Indiana venue

TacomaZAG
12-06-2008, 10:42 AM
I just watched a horrible first half against Indiana, where neither team could throw it in the ocean from the middle of a boat, and I have this question.

What significance does the venue play in terms of shooting percentage, particularly from behind the arc???

This game is being played in one end zone of the Colts football stadium, meaning it is being played in a big, empty, barn that provides absolutely no depth perception for shooting, and has never hosted a basketball game before. I think the two teams are a combined 1-22 from behind the arc.

This is where the 2010 FF is being played, and this is why I hate buildings like this for basketball. Buildings like this are not made for basketball, and it is an insult to teams that make the FF that they have to play in these big, empty barns.

Thoughts.................

Go ZAGS

MBZags
12-06-2008, 11:20 AM
Yeah, it'll be interesting to get some comments from the players after the game about the difficulty in shooting.

TacomaZAG
12-06-2008, 11:46 AM
as the shooting from long range was a lot better in the 2nd half.

But I still don't like basketball in fotball stadiums.........

Go ZAGS

CDC84
12-06-2008, 12:24 PM
I keep going back to this, but back in March at the regional at Houston's Reliant Stadium, they smartly put up huge, pitch black curtains behind each goal which immensely helped with the depth perception issues. In fact, the players said it was a better shooting backdrop than playing in a 19,000 seat arena. Of course what the curtains do is cut away seating so that people can't watch the game from 2,000 feet away, but who gives a dang....it wasn't like 60,000 people wanted to be at today's game....