• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JohnOGU
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Feb 2008

live or die by the 3-ball?

Ive heard a few people saying that theyre afraid of this happening to us. What you guys think?
  • ZagSlug
    Bleeds GU Blue
    • Feb 2007

If the team is not bright enough to realize that 3's are not falling and keep forcing them up then yes, it could happen.

With the team's depth, the number of offensive weapons and the ability of several players to get to the basket I would hope the staff would keep this from happening
    sigpic
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

• BobZag
      Dark Lord of the Zag
      • Jan 2007

I'm not expecting treys to fall too much while playing in a domed football stadium Saturday so I think we'll see a lot of points in the paint.
      The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• TokyoZag
        Kennel Club Material
        • Feb 2007

UNC this year: 41.1% past the arc.
        UNC at Ford Field:31.6% on 6 of 19 treys.

BobZag speaks the truth.

Comment

• Zag4Hire
          Zag for Life
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by JohnOGU View Post
          Ive heard a few people saying that theyre afraid of this happening to us. What you guys think?
          I would say that is more of team like the Pokes. The Zags penetrate the lane often and find ways to get to the line. I could see a game against an inferior squad get close if some players just start chucking it from deep and not hitting their shots. Quick note: I loved that NBA fast break that the Zags ran against the Vols where Bouldin kicked it out to Gray for a three on the fast break! I love that and i love the fact that he has the onions to take that shot and make it.
          IF YOU WANT A THING DONE WELL, DO IT YOURSELF. -NAPOLEON BONAPARTE

Comment

• zag67
            Zag for Life
            • Sep 2007

I agree that we do not want to live and die by the 3. But at times a team will force you to do that by sagging down into the middle. If they jam it, then you have to shoot the outside and make it to force them out to guard you. I do feel that we have enough outside shooters, that we should be able to find multiple players that are hot on a given night. Also if they are sagging in and we drive and kick, these people should have time to setup and get good shots.

Comment

Working...
            X