PDA

View Full Version : AP - Zags prepare to play at Indiana

TheZagPhish
12-04-2008, 07:06 AM
KOMO News (http://www.komonews.com/sports/35517439.html):

Few expects Indiana to run complicated offensive sets, and figures the Hoosiers will want to perform well in front of a big partisan crowd.

Heytvelt, who is making nearly 66 percent of his shots, likes to play in front of hostile crowds.

"It's motivational," he said.

Reborn
12-04-2008, 07:38 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing OUR team again Saturday. The Zag's are having a full week of practice, and that will pay nice dividends in the upcoming games against Indiana and WSU. I always look forward to games right after those weeks where Few has the luxury of five days of practices because I hope to see new offensive and defensive sets.

This will be the Zag's first away game into a hostile arena. I'm looking forward to seeing how they handle that new experience. There have been enough times in recent years that the Zags have stumbled on the road that does make me hold my breath a little bit. Road games are never easy and especially when you're Gonzaga. We all know how teams GET UP for this game. Gonzaga is a loved team, and all across America fans wait to see us play. There will be a nice lively crowd I believe, and the Hoosiers will play tough and give it everything they have.

I can't help but to get up for a game where the Zags play INDIANA. I think of all the history behind this great University basketall program and my heart becomes warmer with a sense of pride that comes from knowing our University is now at that level where we can play these GREAT basketball schools like Indiana, and Duke, North Carolina, Michigan State, Arizona, UCONN, Tennessee and many more. And what is even cooler is that we can now beat these teams. Playing Indiana is fantastic. Knowing we can beat them is out of this world.

I am proud to be a Zag. It makes me feel really good when I'm talking to someone and one of the first things that I want to tell them is that I went to Gonzaga and am a HUGE fan of our basketball program. The Zags have made me feel special in this way, and that's nice. It will be a special moment for me when the game comes on my TV Saturday and I see The Zags lined up for the tip against INDIANA. I will be ready for the battle as I am confident that they will be too. I am not overconfident, as I know they are not. Few won't let them be, and they won't let themselves be either. This is a special Zag team. They will demonstrate that Saturday I think. I think they too understand who they are playing, and if that doesn't motivate them then nothing will. I anticipate nothing short of a great showing by the Zags. This is going to be a great game that will help us prepare for an even tougher one next Wednesday. I'm glad DR.KRAUSE scheduled this one. Great job Jerry.

Robzagnut
12-04-2008, 07:54 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing OUR team again Saturday. The Zag's are having a full week of practice, and that will pay nice dividends in the upcoming games against Indiana and WSU. I always look forward to games right after those weeks where Few has the luxury of five days of practices because I hope to see new offensive and defensive sets.

Personally, I don't like the whole week layoffs. I wish they had a game in between there somewhere. A whole week off is too long and they seem to come out rusty. See the Okla St. game for a good example of this.

The only reason I like this whole week layoff in particular is that it gives Sacre a full week to work on his conditioning. Other than that...

Jakester425
12-04-2008, 08:00 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing OUR team again Saturday. The Zag's are having a full week of practice, and that will pay nice dividends in the upcoming games against Indiana and WSU.

Practice will continue on Saturday when we play Indiana. I watched them play Wake Forest last night, they are terrible. Even if our starting five got food poisoning and couldnt play we still win (knock on wood). We have too much size, depth and overall talent for this game to be competitive. Zags by 25+. I dont think it really matters whats on the front of the jersey. There are people that base their opinions on teams for that very reason.

GUZagDenver
12-04-2008, 08:03 AM
This is basically a scrimmage. Even though we are on the road, I was watching another college game the other night, and Fran Fraschilla said that when he watched Indiana play Chaminade, Chaminade had superior talent even though they lost. It's too bad Indiana is down right now, or this would be such a fun game. I watched them play a little the other night against Wake, and they are pretty bad. Even if we are rusty, look for a 20-30 W.