PDA

View Full Version : I must be insane...

TuckC
03-14-2007, 02:21 PM
I have WAZZU upsetting Georgetown in the Sweet 16. Cougars in the elite 8, that's just crazy.

LA Zag
03-14-2007, 02:53 PM
So do I, but I have them beating Texas Tech in the Sweet 16 and then losing to North Carolina in the Elite 8. I don't think Cougs in the Elite 8 is too far fetched.

TuckC
03-14-2007, 02:56 PM
Gottleib says they can beat Georgetown because of temp and guardplay, but I am still not sold on that Auzzie down low.

DrDrivel
03-14-2007, 02:59 PM
So do I, but I have them beating Texas Tech in the Sweet 16

That requires you to have Texas Tech winning a game. If this is the case (and logic hasn't failed me), I am going to start laughing at you almost a full 24 hours in advance and will persist roughly through Arbor Day.

TuckC
03-14-2007, 03:00 PM
I picked Tech to beat BC, BC is way to inconsistent.

SWZag
03-14-2007, 03:02 PM
One thing that has kept me in perspective about Wazzu is the fact that they have no tourney experience (Post-season). Sure, this isn't everything, but it will be easy for them to get the jitters. Happens quite often. Lets hope they can get it out of their system early.

SWZag

SteeleMan
03-14-2007, 03:07 PM
One thing that has kept me in perspective about Wazzu is the fact that they have no tourney experience (Post-season). Sure, this isn't everything, but it will be easy for them to get the jitters. Happens quite often. Lets hope they can get it out of their system early.

SWZag

I, and the Gonzaga Elite 8 Team had a good laugh at that one. ;)

You guys who have picked WSU to go deep in the tourny have seen them play... the pundits who have them one-and-done, well it will take a lights-out performance by ORU.

TuckC
03-14-2007, 03:08 PM
Something tells me though that Dick Bennett has installed some much needed ice in their veins in the past, and Tony Bennett is reaping the rewards. The team is predominately Juniors too, which also helps.

LA Zag
03-14-2007, 03:09 PM
Okay Driv, but don't start laughing until they lose they lose to BC. I picked Texas Tech on a hunch, now you gave me reason to look forward to another game. If T Tech wins, I will hunt you down and pour the beer you buy me on you :lmao:

sonuvazag
03-14-2007, 03:10 PM
The one thing WSU has going for them is they're being flat out disrespected by the media and by the other team.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/10060177

Birddog
03-14-2007, 05:21 PM
The one thing WSU has going for them is they're being flat out disrespected by the media and by the other team.
How'd you come to that conclusion from the linked article? I don't think OralBob is taking this lightly, it's just that those guys want to win.

Birddog

DrDrivel
03-14-2007, 09:36 PM
Okay Driv, but don't start laughing until they lose they lose to BC. I picked Texas Tech on a hunch, now you gave me reason to look forward to another game. If T Tech wins, I will hunt you down and pour the beer you buy me on you :lmao:

I'll meet you at the Yardhouse in Pasadena if that happens and you can pick from over 150 beers on tap.

LA Zag
03-15-2007, 10:56 AM
I'll meet you at the Yardhouse in Pasadena if that happens and you can pick from over 150 beers on tap.

The Yardhouse is on my way home. If Tech wins, I could meet you there, but I want to get home in time to see our tipoff. Are you planning to catch our game at the Yardhouse? Will you be watching UCLA there? Can we promote the Yardhouse as Zag central for LA fans (eastside fans anyway)?

Edited as follows:
Driv: Okay, you can start laughing now. I see that Tech lost. Okay, so you were/are better informed. I said in a previous thread that my window to the NCAA this year consisted primarily of Gonzaga games. I can still buy you a beer at the Yardhouse on my way home. If you are going to be there, send me a message.