PDA

View Full Version : GU vs. EWU

Zagfan
12-02-2008, 08:28 AM
Gonzaga currently leads the all time sereis 22-14 over the Lady Eagles. It is important to note that the Eagles played very well two years ago when the Lady Zags made the short trip to Cheney. If I remember correctly the game went into overtime and the Zags escaped with a narrow 103-102 OT victory!

Gonzaga is the only team on Eastern's schedule which is receiving votes in this week's AP top-25 poll. Does anyone know what to expect this time around from the Eags???

BobZag
12-02-2008, 09:50 AM
I really haven't followed EWU's women. I got the impression they were okay but only mid-pack in the Big Sky. Unless the Zags really letdown after three big games in Wisconsin, I don't see a problem. Of course, they will play hard for bragging rights so the Zags must match their intensity.

I hope there is a caravan of Zag fans heading to EWU Thursday evening.

Oldsport
12-02-2008, 10:12 AM
My three kids graduated from EWU, I have to be there. :)

Does anyone know if Courtney will be able to play? :confused:

I hope to see everyone there. Bring your baseball bat and get even with Oldsport! :D ....autographs available upon request! ha ha ha! :)

young julez
12-02-2008, 11:17 AM
Vivian's aunt lives in Cheney now and her whole family has become rabid Lady Zag fans. Her family will be there also, unfortunately my car needs work and I have yet to arrange to get it fixed...so I can't make the trip :mecry:

I did go to the Eastern site and luckily they broadcast over the internet FREE!!

:link: http://www.bigskytv.org/:link:

They play tonight so if you are really interested in how they look check out the game tonight against Montana Tech!

BobZag
12-02-2008, 05:40 PM
Does Vivian jokingly call her uncle "Crazy Uncle Bill" or something to that affect? I was at a scrimmage and wondered who she was calling that. lol.

young julez
12-02-2008, 09:17 PM
No! Ha-ha thats probably some adopted GU family...Austin Daye is her little brother (though he does favor her brother when he was younger), Courtney is sis...Her uncle has not been to a game yet, they just moved there and he is still in the military, getting ready to retire and will be in the area in January.