PDA

View Full Version : Your "upset special" is.....!

Kiddwell
03-14-2007, 01:04 PM
OK, mine is "Wintrop over N. Dame."

Bonus upset special: George Washington over The School that Vanderbilt.

:]

NVzag
03-14-2007, 01:18 PM
VA Commonwealth.

zaglawdad
03-14-2007, 01:54 PM
Some of the announcers were quick to pick Oral Roberts in an upset over Washington State. So I'll pick WAZZU over Oral Roberts in an upset over the predicted upset.

CDC84
03-14-2007, 02:07 PM
A game that few people are picking for an upset that might be interesting is Long Beach State against Tennessee. LBSU starts 5 seniors, they love to run, and they can score the basketball.

For all I know, the Vols might blow them out....but this is a game to keep your eye on as a game that not many people are picking......

BroncoZAG615
03-14-2007, 02:09 PM
Love Davidson over Maryland in the first round. Very good team with a young stud in Stephen Curry. Kid can flat out play. Also hoping for Oral Roberts and VCU, and it would be great if Niagra could stick it to the committee and continue Kansas' one and done trend.;)

RenoZag
03-14-2007, 02:24 PM
Old Dominion over Butler. . .

former1dog
03-14-2007, 02:26 PM
Love Davidson over Maryland in the first round. Very good team with a young stud in Stephen Curry. Kid can flat out play. Also hoping for Oral Roberts and VCU, and it would be great if Niagra could stick it to the committee and continue Kansas' one and done trend.;)

I don't think Niagra will win, but they will give Kansas a game.

NVzag
03-14-2007, 02:27 PM
A game that few people are picking for an upset that might be interesting is Long Beach State against Tennessee. LBSU starts 5 seniors, they love to run, and they can score the basketball.

For all I know, the Vols might blow them out....but this is a game to keep your eye on as a game that not many people are picking......

I got a tip on the LBC yesterday afternoon from a big-time WAC (yeah, not Big West, but close) fan....says the LBC is 75% to win outright. I don't know about that myself, but I respect this guy's opinion.

A 5/12 game that's being completely ignored by, uh, pretty much everyone.

Quite possible that both teams score in the 90s.

Reminiscent of UW/UAB a few years ago?

I'll be watching this matchup. :)

RebornZag
03-14-2007, 02:35 PM
Weber State over UCLA

Shanachie
03-14-2007, 02:37 PM
FWIW, David Mihm at bracketography.com has Long Beach State listed as his #1 Dramatically Overseeded team, so I'm not so sure I'd pick them to upset Tennessee.

http://www.bracketography.com/archive/mihm-2007-ncaa-tournament-bracket-reaction.html

And by the way CDC, tell me you didn't just use the term "score the basketball"!

RenoZag
03-14-2007, 03:11 PM

Tenn just barely got out of the first round last year as a # 2 seed against #15 Winthrop, winning 63-61, and then they folded like an umbrella vs. Wichita State. . .

They might be ripe to bite the big one and done apple.