• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hoopster777
    Kennel Club Material
    • Nov 2007

So what should we expect from Indiana?

From what I've read and what I can tell, this game should be of almost no challenge to Gonzaga. I realize any team can beat any other team on any given night, but realistically, Indiana is atrocious, they may not win 2 games in the Big 10. We could play the worst game of the season and still probably win by 10 points......Idaho might be more competitive for GU than Indiana. This is a team of high school players, most of them probably couldn't even walk on at our school.

That being said, I do respect Tom Crean from rebuilding that program from scratch, smartest thing to do in that circumstance and I wouldn't sleep on this team in 2-3 years. But this season I dont think Indiana will pose much of a challenge. What does everyone else think?
  • pbriz
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Apr 2007

We can expect ALOT of hustle but not that much talent.

We need to keep up the perimeter D, and if we do that, and that alone, we win this game.
    It's F4 or bust.

Comment

• Zag4Hire
      Zag for Life
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by pbriz View Post
      We can expect ALOT of hustle but not that much talent.

We need to keep up the perimeter D, and if we do that, and that alone, we win this game.
      Right on the money. Biggest weakness is no real team leader and the fact they have 3 walk-ons and 8 freshmen on the roster. That is a lot to sort out in the first few months. I was pretty impressed with Pritchard's skills during the blowout game against Notre Dame (a LOT of ball fakes by Pritchard were working on Harangoudy).
      IF YOU WANT A THING DONE WELL, DO IT YOURSELF. -NAPOLEON BONAPARTE

Comment

• Zag365
        Zag for Life
        • Apr 2007

Too often in past we have played down to the level of our opponents. Hopefully, the starters play their game and create some playing time for the bench.

Comment

• HOOTER
          Zag for Life
          • Oct 2007

I'm confident that the Zags will treat Indiana like a top 10 team. There are no guarantees in college basketball and they know that.

That being said, they'll probably win by 30+.

Comment

• GeorgiaZagFan
            Zag for Life
            • Dec 2007

This is a trap game!!

Emotional let down after big win over Tennessee.....travel back to Spokane...and then a few days later on to Indiana.... I don't know if the Hoosiers can pull it together like the Kentucky team did about 20 years ago when they went through similar circumstances....but the Zags better not take them too lightly!!
            It's What You learn AFTER You Know It All That Counts

Comment

• montanazag88
              Kennel Club Alum
              • Sep 2007

Everyone guns for a number 5! Anyone in the top ten is subject to crazy streak shooting by opponents. Ditto on the "treat them like a top-10 team." We are still working on our perimeter and in-the-paint defense. I am anxious to see that become our signature this year.
              montanazag88
              P....A....TIENCE!

Comment

The game starts at 10:30 AM, Spokane time. Historically, the Zags have not fared too well when traveling east and playing early games. This is a fact that I am sure Mark Few and his staff are aware of, and will do their best to remedy.

Comment

• UberZagFan
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Uber will be worrying about this game--for all the reasons stated above: let down game, travel, game time, taking them lightly--until BZ declares that GU is doomed.
                  If you can't handle the confusion, stay out of the Foo!

Uber on GuBoards: "Pathetic. We've got posters just sleepwalking through threads."

No Foo for You!

Comment

• calizag
                    Bulldog Fan
                    • Nov 2008

Indiana is BAD...i don't like being over-confident but this would be a bigger shock than Western Kentucky over Louisville...

Comment

• Bulldoggie
                      Redshirt
                      • Feb 2007

Spokane TV

Will the Indiana game be televised by KHQ in Spokane or do I have to hit a tavern to get the Big Ten Network?

Comment

• 75Zag
                        Zag for Life
                        • Mar 2007

Morning Drinking!

Game is on Big 10 Network only unless KHQ manages to swing some sort of last minute deal (unlikely). So get yourself to your neighborhood bar on Saturday morning, introduce yourself to the regulars, and order that first eye opener of vodka and grapefruit juice as you cheer the Bulldogs on to victory.

I gotta again thank GU. First they taught me to drink like a man, now they are teaching me to drink like a man in the morning!

Go Bulldogs.
                        Do not go gentle into that good night,
                        Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
                        Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Comment

• CDC84
                          Super Moderator
                          • Feb 2007

I have a feeling you will see Gonzaga ready to play well against IU. No matter what their personnel may look like, it's still "Indiana" on the front of their jersey, and the circumstances of the game - the first b-ball game to be played in Indianapolis' new dome stadium - gives the game extra meaning.

Comment

• alaskazagnut

Indiana is 4-2 folks!

and 3-0 at home. Why would we even think that this will be an easy win. It will not be. Hot shooting, bad reffing and their home crowd could put Indiana in the win column if we do not take it seriously.

Comment

• former1dog
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

I hope our boys remember the last time they played Indiana and go out with a chip on their shoulders and get us some revenge!

Comment

Working...
                              X