PDA

View Full Version : Lady Zags getting more votes in AP poll...36!

young julez
12-01-2008, 12:28 PM
Couldn't wait to see :D

http://www.ncaa.com/sports/w-baskbl/division_i2.html#

BobZag
12-01-2008, 01:36 PM
Ranked 27th, just two spots from the Top 25.

:D

Oldsport
12-01-2008, 02:51 PM
Yes...Yes...Yes...Yes !!! I saw that also! :D

I am so happy for the Lady Zags! :)

I am really hoping we can "win-out" between now and the Tennessee game! Now, that would be great! ;)

Any word on Courtney Vandersloot? All the Zag Fans are holding our breath for some word on the seriousness of the ankle injury and some time-line for her rehab, if needed. :pray:

thickman1
12-02-2008, 07:04 AM
After watching them play UVA on Sunday I think this team has a chance to be really special. Tatri and Vivian struggled a bit with the pressure put on the point but did an admirable job in Courtney's absense. The final score wasn't indicative of what I saw. The margin of victory could have been greater if they cleaned up some of their turnovers; plus you add Courtney's "O" back in there and things are special.

I was very impressed with the GU's size. Kayla and Kelly off the bench were great. When you can bring in two 6-footers who can play the wing you're going to cause a lot of problems for people. Kelly (Aussie! Aussie! Aussie!) provided some instant offense with some long 3's and muscle around the hoop.

I have nothing but great things to say about that game. I sure would have liked to see Courtney play - I knew I should have gone to the games on Friday and Saturday too. :(

Final thought: If Virginia was truly the 16th best team in the country then GU has to be among the top 15. The one player who shined for UVA was Monica Wright but everyone else who played couldn't hold a candle to GU's girls.

young julez
12-02-2008, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the insight on the U VA game. I listened via the VA site and how you describe it is exactly how it seemed throughout the broadcast...how I wish I too could have been there to see it! I also imagine what the outcome would have been if we did have a healthy Courtney.

I love that our Wooden Award candidate out performed the rest and earned MVP :D Go Heather!