PDA

View Full Version : Winthrop Alum coming to Spokane

WinthropGrad
03-14-2007, 10:37 AM
Hey Zags. A friend just talked me into booking a flight to the Pac Northwest. I have never been out your way before. I leave in just a few hours and I DO NOT HAVE TIX. Does anyone have any for the WU/ND session they are willing to part with? Or do you know of anyone who does? Any help would be appreciated. My email is rtidwell@rbt-law.com Looking forward to seeing your campus.

229SintoZag
03-14-2007, 11:07 AM
Hey Zags. A friend just talked me into booking a flight to the Pac Northwest. I have never been out your way before. I leave in just a few hours and I DO NOT HAVE TIX. Does anyone have any for the WU/ND session they are willing to part with? Or do you know of anyone who does? Any help would be appreciated. My email is rtidwell@rbt-law.com Looking forward to seeing your campus.

Cross country flight on one day's notice: $1000.

Hotel in Spokane during the tournament: $150 if you're lucky.

Going across country and spending at least $1500 to see your team in the dance, when you DONT EVEN HAVE TICKETS LINED UP: Priceless.

Can you still get tickets through Winthrop's athletic office? I cannot imagine that their allotment is sold out, given the distance between the school and Spokane.

WinthropGrad
03-14-2007, 11:12 AM
No. The entire staff has left for Spokane. There is nobody there to take calls! Can you believe that? That is how small we are. At any rate, we have a room already booked. Tix are my only concern.

sonuvazag
03-14-2007, 11:14 AM
I can't help you, but there have been folks occasionaly posting tix on these boards so you should check back.

I'll be interested to hear your story when you get back home.

WinthropGrad
03-14-2007, 11:19 AM
I've been asked to blog the story on our fan website. www.winthropfans.com this is the epitome of last minute trips. I just decided to go about 2 hours ago. I'm meeting a buddy out in Seattle. We are driving to Spokane from there. I should be there about 10:30 p.m. tonight "your time".

jbslicer
03-14-2007, 11:23 AM
I've heard that the Arena ticket office will be selling returned tickets tomorrow at 5pm.
You also can call 325-SEAT. Good Luck!

Birddog
03-14-2007, 11:34 AM
WG,
I did something similar in Memphis a couple years back. I was all set to buy some nosebleed seats when out of the corner of my eye I saw the GU AD I bolted into a secure area and asked him if he had tix, to which he replied YES! As soon as you hit town, locate the teams hotel and look for the AD etc. Also find out their shoot around /practice time. The AD and ticket people will be there. The hotels are seeded just like the teams, so yours might be a bit away from the arena. Other boosters are likely staying in the same hotel, and they might also be a good source.
Good luck,
Birddog

TheBeast
03-14-2007, 11:39 AM
This is the most awesomest thing I've ever heard of! Good luck to you, WinthropGrad!

kjstoph1
03-14-2007, 12:20 PM
I've been asked to blog the story on our fan website. www.winthropfans.com this is the epitome of last minute trips. I just decided to go about 2 hours ago. I'm meeting a buddy out in Seattle. We are driving to Spokane from there. I should be there about 10:30 p.m. tonight "your time".

Washington State Univ. is the host institution for the Spokane games.

Try www.cougfan.com. Maybe some WSU people have some spare ones.

Perhaps also try the Washington State University athletic department - with the Cougs going to the NCAA in Sacramento, there may be some tickets returned for some reason.

lawzag
03-14-2007, 12:26 PM

dude, hope you get this message before you leave.
I know someone who has extra tickets he's selling. they are in Sec. 222 Row A., if you still need tickets send me and e-mail with your cell # & I'll get the two of you in touch.

I'll be watching the game too! see you there.

lothar98zag
03-14-2007, 01:30 PM
I don't have anything to add other than - I want updates!

adoptedzag
03-14-2007, 01:45 PM
I wanna know how this turns out, too.

DrDrivel
03-14-2007, 01:55 PM
I'll be helping to feed Coach Marshall and the whole team tonight, but professionalism and tact will prevent me from begging for tickets. And it sounds like you'll be into town a little too late to coincidentally drop by the restaurant.

BobZag
03-14-2007, 02:00 PM
Winthrop Alum has been provided for. :)

SteeleMan
03-14-2007, 02:10 PM
you rock, Bob!

TheBeast
03-14-2007, 02:16 PM
I love it when a plan comes together!
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p277/loupismcw/plancomestogether.jpg
Not sure what you did, Bob, but I'm glad you only use your powers for good!

MedZag
03-14-2007, 02:57 PM
Let us know how the visit goes too! If you need any tips of places to hit in spokane while you're meandering, I'm sure plenty of us around would be happy to help!

Dogtownkid
03-14-2007, 08:42 PM
Be sure to hit Jack and Dan's. It's a GU institution.

Crusader Rick
03-14-2007, 09:18 PM
It's due to folks like you guys, why Spokane is such a great host city. I love this town.

Madcowz
03-14-2007, 09:53 PM
haha, well behind Gonzaga and WSU, i'm rooting for winthrop!! I'll have my fresh from south carolina winthrop sweatshirt on at the arena Friday. KILL THE IRISH

WinthropGrad
03-14-2007, 11:19 PM
Good evening Zag Nation.

For some reason unknown to me, our website, www.winthropfans.com, is down. So I hope you guys don't mind me posting an update on here. Let me start by saying that I have ALWAYS loved Gonzaga and I can't tell you how pumped I am to visit your campus. I don't claim long roots, but I was a big Dan Dickau (sp?) fan and I even ventured to Philips arena on numerous occasions to watch him play for the Hawks. From Dan, to Blake, to Rony (I speak 6 languages Turiaf) and Adam, I have always stayed up late to watch your games. We at Winthrop strive to be the East Coast version of Gonzaga.

With my respects paid, allow me to go into my day. At around 1:30 EDT, I got the go ahead from Mrs. WinthropGrad to embark on this adventure. I kissed my daughters goodbye, made arrangements for the rest of the work week, and took off for Atlanta. I live about 20 miles outside of the ATL. I am a small town guy who can only habitate so closely to the "big city". I hopped on MARTA (Atlanta Transit) and rode the train to the airport. Along the way, I met a professor at UVA who actually heard of Winthrop. It wasn't really a fair question because one of her kids went to Clemson. We beat Clemson a few years back. They won't have us back now. Once I got to the airport, an absolutely wonderful Delta attendant, Diane D., explained to me that I could upgrade to first class without any additional cost. She had to make a few phone calls to get the upgrade approved. I asked Diane if she had ever heard of Winthrop. She had not. At 7:35 I was cleared for my 8:08 take off. I ran as fast as I could without drawing the attention of TSA.

First class is the way to go when you have to take a long flight. There was a bottle of water waiting for me at my seat, 2F, along with a friendly stewardess wanting to know what I wanted to drink. I had an Amstel Light. I later learned they were serving Beringer Merlot. Not my first choice, but it was my last. She kept refilling my glass. First Class is not bad at all. Even on a bankrupt airline.

I sat next to a young guy name Ash on the way over. He went to UW, but he still was an ok guy. He recently graduated and now sells IT software all over the U.S. He was a really nice guy, but after about 2 minutes of conversation, I realized that he had no idea who Ty Willingham was. He gave me some wonderful recommendations re: things to do during my brief stay. I will be sure to hit as many as I can.

I still do not have tix for Friday's game against the Leprechauns. I have been contacted by a couple of great Zags, but to no avail, no luck as of yet. One had already sold his tickets before I started on this adventure. The other wants to sell 2 sets of tix for approximately $1,000.00. The practice of law in Georgia is good, but not that good.

My old room mate should be landing here in Seattle in about 2 1/2 hours. We are driving over to Spokane in the morning to watch practice. I hope to have some tix by then. We shall see.

I will be in touch soon. Until then, you guys be good.

ZagNative
03-14-2007, 11:42 PM
WinthropGrad, I love this kind of post, with all the gory details of just how far a dedicated fan will go to support his team. Here's wishing you the best! I'm sure everyone on this board will do whatever they can to get you situated in Spokane Memorial Arena for Winthrop's games and point you in the right direction for a pleasant stay.

We'll look forward to a follow up tomorrow. In the meantime, sleep tight!

kitzbuel
03-15-2007, 09:07 AM
Don't want this thread to languish.

ZagNative
03-15-2007, 10:38 AM
Keeping an eye out for WinthropGrad enroute from Seattle to Spokane?

Snoqualmie Pass - Bare and dry (http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/traffic/passes/snoqualmie/).

lothar98zag
03-15-2007, 10:48 AM
Thanks for the update! So far so good...

And I guess you have tickets now too!

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?t=1642

Section 116
03-15-2007, 11:22 AM
Had an e-mail from Winthrop alum as of 12:45 am this morning no tickets. I gave him a headsup on Craiglist and told him to check with the Arena at 5pm. Left my home phone with him but have not heard back as yet.

ZagNative
03-15-2007, 02:29 PM
Two Winthrop reporters from HeraldOnLine.com also arrived in Spokane last night after midnight, after driving cross country. Their blog (http://community.heraldonline.com/?q=blog/andrew_dys) is fun to read and should be interesting to follow through Winthrop's stay in Spokane.

Looking forward to further news from WinthropGrad.

sullyzag66
03-15-2007, 03:43 PM
Local sports radio (1080thefan) in Portland just interviewed a 19-year-old student from Winthrop. He flew into Portland because it was cheaper and is waiting to board the train to Spokane this evening. He's pumped and said he is waiting to join the 25 other people he expects to be there from Winthrop. He says he's "the backup mascot". The radio guys were saying this is what March Madness is all about.

WinthropGrad
03-16-2007, 01:29 AM
Wow, what a great time we have had here in Spokane. We spent tonight at fast Eddies and 211. Everyone there was ready and willing to talk WU/GU hoops. If I didn't have so many ties to home (namely, my family) I could easily stay here a while. You guys have every reason to be proud of your program and the town that makes it home.

Thanks again to BobZag and his connections at Ticketwest for hooking me up with seats for the game in the morning. We spent a little time with the team tonight and they look relaxed and ready to play. I hope you all are not disappointed with their performance. Please keep in mind that they are all EXTREMELY good young men. They just happen to be prepared to kick a little Irish tail.

After the game we are planning on visiting the GU campus. I can't wait. Thanks again for all of your help and support. You guys are the best fans I have ever had the privilege to get to know.

wugal99
03-16-2007, 03:56 AM
Oh man - this is exciting!!

wupike
03-16-2007, 07:05 AM
Tough loss yesterday Zag's, I was cheering for you. Next year!!! You guys have a great team. Hopefully we can pull one out today.

kitzbuel
03-16-2007, 01:05 PM
Obviously, this trip has to be the highlight of a lifetime! Outstanding result!

lothar98zag
03-16-2007, 04:06 PM
bump for updates!

ZagNative
03-16-2007, 04:38 PM
I'm wondering if WinthropGrad is already on the road for Seattle. I was sorry when I realized that he wouldn't be able to stay for Sunday's game, as he mentioned either here or on his thread on WinthropFans.Com (http://www.winthropfans.com/viewtopic.php?t=3306). Seems he has to be at a trial on Monday back home.

I'm sure we'll hear from him sooner or later with his final wrap-up on his trip. So glad he was able to see his Eags win. He's sure added to my enjoyment of the tournament this year and made many more friends for Winthrop!

In the meantime, the two reporters fom South Carolina who drove cross country to Spokane to report on the Eags have an update to their blog here (http://community.heraldonline.com/?q=blog_topics/the_road_to_spokane_blog).

TheBeast
03-16-2007, 04:46 PM
I'm wondering if WinthropGrad is already on the road for Seattle.

I'm wondering if he's back at Fast Eddie's or at the Season Ticket or the Viking or David's or Jack and Dan's or the Bulldog. :D

Gonezagaga
03-16-2007, 06:07 PM
I think he is still here. The post where he said that they had to check out tomorrow before game time was made at about 5:00 THIS morning.

94zagoldwomanasherdsmen
03-16-2007, 06:47 PM
I just crashed the Winthrop (in my newly fedexed attire) post game party and ran down Winthropgrad and his companion! It reminded me of the Zags early wins, the team, their players/family, Athletic director, coach/family were all there just being in the moment and made me welcome in about 2 seconds. Once they found out I was chasing down Winthropgrad a mom found him for me in about 2 minutes. Had a beer with the AD and his wife, both super nice folks.

Winthrop brought what they could to Spokane, including one of the players' family who sold their car to get here to watch their boy play. All in all, a great evening. We're about to go out on the town and have a little more fun.

Night!

TrueLiz
03-16-2007, 08:03 PM
Pardon me getting a little bit cheesy here, but I really love this thread, as it shows the good side of people. Granted, we're not talking about life-saving type things, but it is really cool to see how excited everyone is for Winthropgrad's journey, and how much people have tried to help a virtual stranger in whatever way they can.

I have never been to Gonzaga or Spokane, I have just been a fan of the Zags for 8 years, and a dedicated (perhaps rabid?) fan for 4-5 years. I've always pictured the alumni & fans as being like a family, perhaps because Gonzaga isn't a huge school like UCLA. It's nice to see that it's true. I sense there are a lot of those fans that are now adopting Winthrop for the rest of this tournament. Go Eagles!

wugal99
03-17-2007, 07:57 AM
Winthrop brought what they could to Spokane, including one of the players' family who sold their car to get here to watch their boy play.

Wow! Did you happen to catch who that was? That's awesome!

Lizzag
03-17-2007, 08:56 AM
I need my fix, WinthropGrad and 94Zagoldwomanasherdsman. So time for you two to wake up and fill us in on the rest of your evening. I'm living vicariously through you.

Bocco
03-17-2007, 09:03 AM
WinthropGrad rooted four your team yesterday against ND and will be in the Arena tomorrow and will be rooting for them again. You have a fun team to watch. Glad to have you in Spokane.

thickman1
03-17-2007, 09:05 AM
Did anyone ever think that there would be a link between Rock Hill, SC and Spokane, WA? This thread is truly a testament to the power of college hoops and their fans who love the game.

Birddog
03-17-2007, 09:28 AM
The relationship with Winthrop actually started a couple of years ago when one of theirs (WUEagle or something like that) began posting on our board. This was back when the board was smaller and civil discourse was the norm except with a few Husky morons. It's really a testament to civil discourse via the Internet. BZ can probably fill in the facts that I've missed or misrepresented.

Birddog

94zagoldwomanasherdsmen
03-17-2007, 09:55 AM
Winthropgrad is gonna have one long drive back to Seattle..but he'll make it. We hit the evening tour of Spokane yesterday and were met warmly by every darned Duck fan! Spokane really seems to be a pretty warm spot full of nice folks....reminded me of why I like this town.

Brief recap - headed back to the WU hotel - they were finishing up their evening soiree in style and the diehards who had conquered west coast time were headed out on the town.

I gave various among them recommendations...Davenport Hotel, falls downtown, MAC, GU campus etc for a brief and much more civilized visit than mine last evening....What happens in Spokane stays..normally unprinted and non-photoworthy ;-)

Oregon Zag
03-17-2007, 10:05 AM
This is such a great story. It should be on the local news. It shows how great GU fans are and what makes Spokane such a great community. Now I've got another team I've got to follow. Pretty soon I won't have time to do anything but check the boards!:lmao:

94zagoldwomanasherdsmen
03-17-2007, 10:15 AM
My assistant, who went to Winthrop called yesterday afternoon post Duck game and asked if I was going to the Winthrop aftergame festivities, I said no, she said hell yes y'all are they're at Ripples and they're lighting it up! Appartently she didn't use her connections in the WU bookstore so I could stay home when there was a Winthrop party in town. How she found the party, I don't know, she's a southerner, perhaps they can just find each other.

fast forward...

Walked into the Winthrop Party - immediately the AD walks up to me and says Hi with his wife, followed by a couple of moms who ask, of course, how y'all doing. I told one of them I was looking for the two reporters and the crazy attorney from Georgia and gave em my story about being a GU fan that loves Winthrop. Believe it or not, they knew exactly who I was talking about - the reporters weren't there yet, I saw them later....but as I was talking to Torrell Martin's dad (tell me that guy's not proud as all get out) one of the Winthrop moms comes walking up and says there's your guy (Winthropgrad) so I walk over and introduce myself - as "94zagoldwomanasherdsmen" tell me that doesn't make you feel stupid as a 34-year-old guy. Anyhow, the room was full of the team, the coaches, the alumni, and a bunch of little kids, really did remind me of a big family. The coach's wife was the DJ playing everything from hip hop to Skynard and George Thorogood...the players were dancing, the dance team was dancing - some of the moms...they were just in the moment.

Long story short, great win...great program, would love to see a home and home with Winthrop...I now have a standing invitation to seats at the Winthrop gym next year, I might just have to fly down and catch a game.

WinthropEagleFan
03-17-2007, 10:15 AM
The relationship with Winthrop actually started a couple of years ago when one of theirs (WUEagle or something like that) began posting on our board. This was back when the board was smaller and civil discourse was the norm except with a few Husky morons. It's really a testament to civil discourse via the Internet. BZ can probably fill in the facts that I've missed or misrepresented.

Birddog

Yeah, I (at the time, I was WUEagle) came on here when it was announced that WU and Gonzaga were going to be playing each other in the '05 NCAAs...There were some good discussions leading up to (and after) the game, so I usually stopped by now and then over the last couple of years. Then of course WU gets sent to Spokane this year, so it brought me (and others) back here again.

wugal99
03-17-2007, 05:36 PM
Long story short, great win...great program, would love to see a home and home with Winthrop...I now have a standing invitation to seats at the Winthrop gym next year, I might just have to fly down and catch a game.

Hell yeah! You're welcome in our house anytime. I have thoroughly enjoyed your stories and I'm so glad you got to experience the Winthrop Family. :)

GonzagasaurusFlex
03-17-2007, 07:46 PM
This thread is like getting hooked on a good television show. So is WinthropGrad still in Spokane and ready to watch what I'll predict is gonna be the most exciting 2nd round game? Friday was the first time I've seen Winthrop play this year and man are they fun to watch. The big man from New Zealand is the perfect complement providing the essential inside threat for a team that likes to run, run run. I can't wait to watch the guard matchups tomorrow vs the Ducks. Go Winthrop!

94zagoldwomanasherdsmen
03-18-2007, 05:37 PM
I had to spend the afternoon with a very sick horse, (she's fine, by the way, just a nice bout with Colic) and just got the bare bones updates (I don't want to talk about it) on the Winthrop game, and missed my chance to see and meet Bobzag for the first time...I heard the result though.... I don't think Winthropgrad had the time to make it back to the GU Bookstore judging from our perfomance Friday night, so I might have to send him a GU Sweatshirt to make up for it.

Here's another thought... I have this beautiful White Eagles/Winthrop hat that I'm thinking about putting on ebay, it's signed by the whole team. And the point of this would be to send a check for whatever it goes for to the parents of the player that sold their car to get to little old Spokaloo. I'm pretty sure I know who they are now but I'll check before listing, anonymously of course. Would y'all be willing to bid it up a little to send a check to some folks that paid a lot to see their boy play? I figured I'd ask ahead of time, and I'll get hold of the university and see if I can't just send it in their care anonymously with a note that says something like "lots of love, Gonzaga fans everywhere"

You'll have to trust me on the anonymity, but you can...
Let me know what you think of that, if so, I'll put it on tomorrow.

sittingon50
03-18-2007, 10:22 PM
Better research that one, 94. NCAA may not allow it.

94zagoldwomanasherdsmen
03-19-2007, 07:15 AM
Gracias for the heads up, I hadn't thought of that one.

94zagoldwomanasherdsmen
03-19-2007, 08:20 AM
assistant AD for compliance at Winthrop. I'll keep you guys posted.

94zagoldwomanasherdsmen
03-19-2007, 11:27 AM
He's safe and sound back in Georgia, not much worse for the wear. Just a side note, I've had way too much fun following these guys and have enjoyed those of you that posted immensely! I hope to travel with the wife and kids down to South Carolina next year to catch a Winthrop game and visit with some new friends down there.

Thanks again.

lothar98zag
03-19-2007, 11:27 AM
Better research that one, 94. NCAA may not allow it.
Nice thought, but I doubt the NCAA would allow it.

94zagoldwomanasherdsmen
03-19-2007, 01:00 PM
or the athletic department, so I'm going to post the hat for sale on ebay with a contribution straight to the scholarship fund at Winthrop if I don't get an answer by tomorrow. Hopefully GU can show a little love that direction as well.

WinthropGrad
03-19-2007, 01:57 PM
Hello Zag Nation,

I don't even know where to start. You guys are great. I had no idea that this thread was receiving so much attention while I was out of town. The last day or so was a bit hurried, as 94Zag entered upon the scene, and I did not have as much access to my computer.

First of all, I hope that I am lucky enough to have the opportunity to travel back to Spokane one day. It is a beautiful place and the people there were absolutely nothing short of wonderful. I did not meet a single stranger while in Spokane. Not even Ronnie, the 65 year old man who does the worm at 211 if you give him a dollar. Rumor has it that if you give him a $5, he will do it backwards. I cannot confirm this, however. I admit it, I gave him a buck.

Obviously, the win over Notre Dame was great. To be there, with the team, sitting down near the court, was a lot of fun to soak in. Our little school has come a long way in the past 9 seasons in terms of basketball respectability. We have always looked to Gonzaga as both a map, and a destination, in terms of how to gauge success as a smaller school program. You could say that the ultimate goal is to no longer be considered a "small school program". Gonzaga has accomplished this. Now we want to do the same. To be able to make that first big step towards this goal in Spokane of all places, made it a little sweeter.

We had so much fun after the game. The players reception, crashed by none other than 94Zag himself, was a lot of fun. Then he took us out. We started at Fast Eddies, ventured on to 211, and wound up at the "coyote ugly" type place (can't remember the name of that one). Great night all told. 94Zag wore his Winthrop garb and served well in the role of WU smack talker. He even gave us grief for not having any WU clothes on. I tried to tell him that Winthrop sweatshirts do not sell well in GA where you only get 3 weeks out of the year to wear it. All that kept coming out of my mouth, however, was "He did the worm for a buck".

The next morning was rough. After about 3 hours of sleep, I pulled myself out of the bed, showered and dressed, and hopped in my pimping rental car for the drive back to Seattle. After several cups of coffee, and close to 4 hours later, I arrived at SeaTac airport for my 2:00 p.m. flight home.

The flight was really neat. I sat next to a guy who was apparently wealthy in a way that I will only read about. He talked about going on all of these incredible expeditions to the north pole, the Alps, etc. I told him that I saw Ronnie do the worm. He looked just as puzzled as I imagine I did.

Landed in Atlanta at around 9:15 p.m. local time. Hopped on MARTA (Atlanta metro transit) at about 9:45. The train began to move forward at about 10:20. I doubt any of you have ever ridden MARTA, at night. It's not pretty. I like to use MARTA whenever I fly because I can park at a MARTA deck for $4 per day as opposed to $15/day at the airport. When you factor in the cost for the tetanus shot, I'm not sure I came out ahead.

I finally got to my car at around 11:00 p.m. I still had to get my daughters a present. I did not see anything in Spokane, and I did not give myself enough time to venture into Seattle. But a promise is a promise. At about 11:40 p.m., I ventured into the unholies of unholy; the 24 hour Wal-Mart. The new Barbie movie (for my 4 year old) and a pull behind caterpillar (for my newly walking 10 month old) and dad is a hero. While at the 24 hour Wal-Mart I did not see anyone do the worm. Woodstock, GA is not Spokane, WA. That is too bad.

I rolled into the garage at around 12:00 a.m. local time. Nobody was awake, so I creeped upstairs trying not to wake anyone. Checked each room, the kids were still there. So was the wife (I was a little worried about that one due the short notice of taking this trip).

While sitting on the couch trying not to think that it was only 9:30 PDT, I thought alot about the trip. How I was glad that I did not have much time to think about taking it because I would have certainly talked myself out of it. Think about it, sold out arena, 2,000+ miles away, how much will this cost? But it was getting out into the arena of uncertainty that allowed me to rely on people I had never met. And man did you people come through in the clutch. I had so many emails about tickets, and attending the game, and well wishers that I honestly had a tough time keeping up. Although my bank account was drained, my faith in humanity was restored. It is really neat to think about our 2 schools, both small in enrollment and about as far apart from one another as any 2 schools in the country. But the people treated me, and my buddies, as if were locals they had known their entire lives. So I am glad I didn't have time to talk myself out of taking this trip. Now I can look forward to seeing BobZag and 94Zag again some time in the future.

I hope you don't mind me coming back by from time to time. I have your site book marked. Don't be a stranger on our board either. Look forward to seeing and hearing from you all soon.

Bowser
03-21-2007, 03:39 PM
"Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."

Your Pal,

Bowser

BTW - Even though you are a southern Gentleman, we may be related based on your penchant for exciting road trips.