PDA

View Full Version : New Forums

Angelo Roncalli
11-29-2008, 08:47 PM
To cut down on the clutter on the main BB page (and to keep threads on the page longer), we've established 3 new forums.

Posts regarding recruiting, game threads, and Gonzaga media coverage should be made in their respective new forums.

We thank you for your support !

BobZag
11-30-2008, 08:36 AM
Similar to Arizona's best, most popular message board layout--

http://forum.goazcats.com/

75Zag
11-30-2008, 12:07 PM
Thanks to Angelo and the rest of the GU Board "brain trust" for the new design. I am a big fan of high school basketball and love to read and talk about recruiting (thanks to ZN for recruiting expertise!), but sometimes the recruiting threads are a bit of a distraction as GU prepares for a major game.

Go Bulldogs.

asoc
11-30-2008, 07:06 PM
Might I make a suggestion?

Have the new sub-forums be located at the top of the general mens basketball forum?

So it would go Mens Basketball link takes you to the the main mens basketball forum. At the top of that you see the sub forums listed before the normal content. This way we can read all the normal content, and see the most recent topic posted in in the subforums and they are just one click to enter into.

Or just have it so the general men's basketball link takes you to a list of the sub-forums within that.

When all I am interested in is the Men's Basketball info it isn't the best organized.

I do like it that you can now find all the recruiting info in one area etc. Just would like to see them as actual subforums of the Men's basketball forum rather then located with all the other main forums.

Angelo Roncalli
12-01-2008, 11:12 AM
We've moved the media and recruiting back into the main basketball forum. We'll keep the game thread forum separate, for now.

lothar98zag
12-03-2008, 09:14 AM
We've moved the media and recruiting back into the main basketball forum. We'll keep the game thread forum separate, for now.
I think MEDIA should stay because there is a lot of gray area with that. Sometimes it's just a link that gets no replies, but other times it evolves into a discussion that should be on the main mbb forum.

I think giving recruiting it's own forum is a good idea. Some people follow this a lot, while others ignore or don't care about recruites until they're signed, enrolled, and on campus practicing with the team.

I like the idea of having a game thread forum. It could provide some nice entertainment to read them after the fact. and they do get buried pretty quickly after the games end. (Although I'm fine with the threads starting in the main mbb forum and then being moved. Actually I think I'd prefer that, since some people would start multiple threads about the game in the mbb if they didn't see a game thread)

RenoZag
01-23-2009, 06:28 PM
Seemed like a good idea at the time. . .but change is hard for some to deal with.

lothar98zag
03-19-2009, 09:29 AM
a media forum would have come in handy this week. :eek: wow! how many 2 post threads can one fan base produce in a week?

RenoZag
03-19-2009, 09:36 AM
a media forum would have come in handy this week. :eek: wow! how many 2 post threads can one fan base produce in a week?

Quite a few candidates for "Merge"

lothar98zag
03-19-2009, 10:16 AM
Quite a few candidates for "Merge"
I'll done several, but when they're already on page 3, it's not always worth it...