PDA

View Full Version : I'm starting to feel depressed...

gozagswoohoo
03-14-2007, 08:49 AM
Don't get me wrong, I can't wait for Thursday...I can't even sit still at work because when I think about the big dance, I can't sit still.

But...I am also depressed because the season will be over before we know it. What happened?? We were just playing Rice the other day! This season FLEW by, I don't want to have to wait another 8 months till next year, even though I will be more excited about the upcoming season than ever before...but still...I'm sad that we're nearing the end again...I plan my work week around the game schedule. Now what am I gonna do?? Work regular hours all week?? Thats boring! I don't want it to end again...

Anyone else having this feeling?

Thomas_Sutpen
03-14-2007, 08:51 AM
If GU plays six more games, I don't think you'll be depressed.:)

------------

thickman1
03-14-2007, 08:53 AM
I know what you mean woohoo. When the conference tourney began - and GU had to win it - it really began to sink in that this season is almost over. Like you, I'm very excited about next season but I've really fallen in love with this team. More so than last year's team because of the adversity that they've fought through. I don't want this season to end.

finechina2003
03-14-2007, 09:06 AM
Woohoo - You have a depressive disorder called BAD. Many people know about SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) but BAD is just as debilitating. Bad is Basketball Affective Disorder which occurs for many rabid fans during the offseason. As is true with SAD, you need coping strategies for BAD. You may need to seek professional help. :)

Wolkster
03-14-2007, 09:10 AM
>I don't want to have to wait another 8 months till next year

There's always the Mariners! Ummm... err, nevermind.

thickman1
03-14-2007, 09:11 AM
Maybe if Bill Bavasi and the M's would quit trying to sink their own ship I could feel more at ease about the end of CBB season. :(

Lurknomore
03-14-2007, 09:21 AM
WooHoo....maybe you could take a class on how to convert time from Central to Pacific to Eastern....that might actually take a couple months....you could be the official GU Board time keeper....just a thought

Oh, and Thickman hopefully Bavasi won't be around to much longer...that is my dream anyway...

Gonzdb8
03-14-2007, 09:24 AM
fortunately, baseball season is right around the corner. depression solved.

Ibellibie
03-14-2007, 09:45 AM
There's always the Mariners! Ummm... err, nevermind.

My mother reminds me about the Mariners quite frequently and how that should keep me busy through the off-season. Yeah right.

Woohoo...ugh, I know how you feel. It's how I feel every year. It's a dreadful feeling before every NCAA game: this could be it, this could be the last time I watch Raivio shoot free-throws with such ease, and this could be the last time I watch Mr. Dial-Up* run up the floor like that.

It's hard. But I'm thankful for the recruiting season we'll soon head into. I love that time of year, too. BZ's cryptic recruiting messages, speculating on who we'd like better in the program, etc. And if all else, just seeing who other programs (big time schools, regional schools, etc.) are picking up. It's an interesting time.

Just no Mariner's games for this girl...

*With all due respect to Sean. My old dial-up was often more dependable then this Wireless crap I currently have. Sure, it may be slower, but at least it was always around when I needed it.

LA Zag
03-14-2007, 09:46 AM
How can you feel depressed? This is what we play for...the post season. You sound like my wife on a Friday depressed because Monday is coming. Point is, this is the time to enjoy the most and your offsetting it by thinking negatively. This is the big dance and we're in, not the NIT or worse yet ending the season after the conference tournament with no ticket to punch.

Snap out of it!

sonuvazag
03-14-2007, 09:48 AM
How can you feel depressed? This is what we play for...the post season. You sound like my wife on a Friday depressed because Monday is coming. Point is, this is the time to enjoy the most and your offsetting it by thinking negatively. This is the big dance and we're in, not the NIT or worse yet ending the season after the conference tournament with no ticket to punch.

Snap out of it!

Easy for you to say... you're in LA. Hahahahahaha. No, seriously, no funerals until someone dies.

LA Zag
03-14-2007, 09:58 AM
Exactly Sonuvazag. I'll be amped until (or if) we lose, then there will be plenty of time to be depressed.

gozagswoohoo
03-14-2007, 11:09 AM
Ya, you're right LA. Its pointless to be depressed right now, I wish I wasn't. Thats hilarious, your wife is depressed on Friday because Monday is coming. hahaha Trust me though, I am more excited than depressed, but my depressedness is overwhelmed with excitement while I am excited for next season, the depressiveness shines through in a small sham of fate unbeknownst to me until I find out our fate of season. Then I guess I'd be even more depressed.

maybe you could take a class on how to convert time from Central to Pacific to Eastern

Now THAT'S a great idea...I would be teaching YOU guys how to read time zones by next season.

TexasZagFan
03-14-2007, 11:32 AM
Not me, woohoo. As an old fart, I've learned to enjoy the moments, win or lose. I look forward to March Madness with much the same joy I look forward to Christmas. Part of the fun is the mystery of it all, i.e. what you will find when you open the package.

For the past nine consecutive years, we've been one of 10 teams in the entire country that has earned a ticket to the Dance. From here on, it gives us another opportunity, perhaps six opportunities to watch the Bulldogs.

If that's not good enough, consider the emotions of fans from schools such as the other seven teams in the WCC, or Air Force, or even UConn and Syracuse. They'd be glad to trade places with you this year.

RebornZag
03-14-2007, 05:34 PM
The best prescription for BAD is one more victory. I think the problem woo hoo has been that the Zags haven't played for 10 days....Wait until after tomorrow night...You'll be feeling a WHOLE LOT BETTER!!! :pray:

:cheers:

wazmix
03-14-2007, 07:46 PM
I understand.

63 teams and their fans are going to be disappointed and depressed in the next 3 weeks.
Only 1 team and their fans will happy for 6 more games.

The only thing we can do is enjoy the journey, share the good times, and hope our time together gives us plenty of thrills before it's over. (Oh, are we still talking about basketball???)

sittingon50
03-14-2007, 08:30 PM
woohoo. You could be a husky fan!