PDA

View Full Version : FaceBook's "Poke the other team's Stud": Tyler Smith

cair3
11-29-2008, 12:48 PM
So a few years back when Facebook was making its emergence in the college world and college athletes started to get facebook profiles, a brilliant GU student formed a group called "Poke the Other Team's Stud".

Before every game the group founder, who I don't know personally but his name is Scott, sends all the group members a message with a link to the other team's best player. Group members are instructed to "poke" this members profile. (Poking someone on facebook results in this person receiving a message that says "you were poked by (person's name)". It is completely harmless and is usually just done between friends. However the brilliance of this group is imagine being a player for X team and going on your facebook account before a game to find out that 640 GU fans who are members of this group have "poke"d you. Unless you have a terrible sense of humor you have to find this funny.

Anyways, facebook recently removed the ability to "poke" strangers so now we send messages that say "poke" to the players facebook account.

I just saw on my facebook that scott sent me a message with a link to tyler smith's profile and with a chuckle I sent him a message stating the classy word: "poke".

A half hour latter I see I have a message back from Tyler that says "poke". I truly enjoy this group and tyler's sense of humor but hope it may keep him from focusing on the game Sunday.

gbnyba17
11-29-2008, 07:10 PM
hahaha this is a great idea and fricken hilarious! I just sent the "poke" message and im gonna tell all my friends to do the same. Everyone get on it!!!

cair3
11-29-2008, 07:43 PM
i don't think current GU students know about this club as it was made a couple years ago.