• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Reborn
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2007

Gonzaga vs Tennessee game predictions

A wild one. A hard faught one all the way to the end. Great athletes exhibiting great talent and making great plays.

The Zags control the tempo even though the Vols want to push it down our throat with their defense. All ball handlers control their pressing tactics. We run our offense very effectively.

GU by 5. 87-82
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!
  • johnwzag
    Zag for Life
    • Mar 2008

GU by 11. Our bigs are better than GeorgeTownBigs. We will somewhat own the paint, but not totally. We will keep their shooting % low and we are a far better team then we were last year. TN is not as good as they were last year either.
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep - not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

• SonofZagineer
      Zag for Life
      • Nov 2008

GU 92
      Tenn 83

Comment

• hls97
        Kennel Club Material
        • Feb 2007

As much as I wish it would be otherwise, I think Tennessee beats us:

Tennessee 83
        Gonzaga 71

Comment

• ZagMan in Philly
          Zag for Life
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by hls97 View Post

Tennessee 83
          Gonzaga 71
          Only if we didn't show up.

I think this is and will be one of the most important games of the year. It will separate us from the so so teams and will elevate us into a bonafide Final Four contender, so, yes, I think we will show up.

Zags 83
          Tenn 71

Go Zags!

Comment

• NJZag
            Professional Zag Fan
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by johnwzag View Post
            GU by 11. Our bigs are better than GeorgeTownBigs. We will somewhat own the paint, but not totally. We will keep their shooting % low and we are a far better team then we were last year. TN is not as good as they were last year either.
            Freshman Monroe was a difference-maker when he was in the game, which was "too little" in the first half with foul trouble. Not enough "D" to stop Tennessee, and rebounding was a problem for the Hoyas even in the first game v. Wichita State.

Zags might need shades ... the stands have a certain "glow" ...

Don't let the Vols bench players catch any Zags napping. They're all dangerous.

GU by 3.

Comment

• Stache
              Professional Zag Fan
              • Nov 2007

GU 82 - UT 75. Don't worry about last year. Vols don't have much for memories.

Phil Fulmer

Comment

• CarolinaZagFan
                Zag for Life
                • Dec 2007

Talk about a let down...I've been thinking all day the game was today for some reason... I was getting all psychologically ready for nothing lol...oh well, I'm an idiot haha...can't wait for tomorrow
                "There is always some kid who may be seeing me for the first time. I owe him my best."--Joe DiMaggio

Comment

• 75Zag
                  Zag for Life
                  • Mar 2007

Early Vegas Odds

Oops
                  Last edited by 75Zag; 11-29-2008, 08:40 PM.
                  Do not go gentle into that good night,
                  Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
                  Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Comment

• hls97
                    Kennel Club Material
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by hls97 View Post

Tennessee 83
                    Gonzaga 71
                    Wow, my sterling rep was crushed just because I called UT over GU? Harsh, folks, harsh.

Comment

• Loftonfor3
                      Redshirt
                      • Dec 2007

Actually, Tenn is better than last year. Just fyi.

Comment

• Zaghuatanejo
                        Kennel Club Material
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Loftonfor3 View Post
                        Actually, Tenn is better than last year. Just fyi.
                        As is GU. It will be a great game, no doubt.

Comment

• Nevtelen
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Last year, Bouldin was the leading scorer (with 21) and Pargo got dominated by multiple strong, quick defenders who denied him the lane. Micah contributed little stat-wise (I do remember some decent D from him, though) in not much PT. Josh did okay for his first real game back (and sparked a rally late in the 2nd half IIRC).

Tomorrow, I think the Vols will dicatate the pace (if the team let Ok St do it, how will they stop Tenn from doing the same?). I think Pargo will be a lot more effective because he doesn't need to always drive to be huge for us this year. I think Micah will be a LOT better, consistent with his play this season. I think Austin will be stuck with foul trouble and limited much of the game. I think Josh will step up huge. I think Boulin will be good, but not as good as last year. I think Meech will be huge. I think Ira will not play a lot because he'll get into foul trouble, but the time he does play will be very very solid (he should really excell against the Vol's style).

Still... I'm a little pessimistic at this point. The team has struggled a bit with pressure and with only a 1 day break on the road, I'm not sure they will quite fix that. IF GU avoids TOs under pressure and uses the Vols own pressure against them like they did vs Maryland in teh 2nd half, they'll win. I do think Tenn will struggle from 3 vs the Zags D.

But... GU 78 Tenn 82. If the team is playing to potential, they should win the 2nd Tenn game of the season, though.

Comment

• johnwzag
                            Zag for Life
                            • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Nevtelen View Post
                            GU 78 Tenn 82. If the team is playing to potential, they should win the 2nd Tenn game of the season, though.
                            Ouch...That hurts my ears! Or is it my eyes? As I recall. We did not own the paint last year. Not even close. We can in this game. When TN starts causing trouble, Sacre and Ira will help out. Meantime Josh and Austin will handle it.
                            I still think we can win this game by 11. TN has not played the tougher games we have. I don't think Georgetown is a top 25 team looking back at their games.

This team overall can handle the ball far better then last year. Micah is 500%better, so is Josh and Austin. Matt is the same in ball handling I think. Jeremy better and even beter than that, he will not have to play the entire game with meech in there - he will get some rest and time to reflect on what is going on. I loved Kuso and Pendo, but they were not offensive firepower.
                            When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep - not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

• GeorgiaZagFan
                              Zag for Life
                              • Dec 2007

Is Tennessee tougher?

...they were last year. The Vols play a very rough and rugged style of basketball. Lot's of body bumping and hands on the offensive player. If the officials let them get away with it they can take a team out of their game. I believe the Zags will have to match the intensity and adjust to how the refs are calling the game. Last year it was in Seattle, but the refs were from the southeast, and they allowed Tennessee to play their style of game. The Zags never adjusted until it was too late.

I believe that playing on the West Coast a team can get a little soft as it appears the refs call a tighter game. I remember watching one game against St. Marys and there was a foul called everytime the Zags breathed on Patty Mills. That shouldn't happen this time ....hopefully the refs will call it somewhere in between those two styles.
                              It's What You learn AFTER You Know It All That Counts

Comment

Working...
                              X