PDA

View Full Version : Wonder what they're saying at VolNation?

SLOZag
11-28-2008, 06:32 PM
Lookie see:

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-basketball/61044-gonzaga.html

This should be a fun read the next couple of days.

TuckC
11-28-2008, 07:59 PM
Bruce Pearl owns Mark Few's soul
:lmao: I do love Bruce though.
(does anybody know why Chism wears his headband in the middle of the top of his head?)

ZagsGoZags
11-28-2008, 08:19 PM
thanks SLOZag
that was really fun reading their board
we're getting respect everywhere, just as we give it to the Vols

Just A Zag
11-28-2008, 08:20 PM
They think gonzaga will cause fits for them, but i see it the other way around.

TuckC
11-28-2008, 08:22 PM
Yeah, I understand that their frontcourt didn't perform today, but I think our frontcourt is weak after Josh.

mtzaga
11-29-2008, 05:08 AM
I bet more Vol fans are worried about Lane Kiffin.

zaguarxj
11-29-2008, 08:04 AM
Intelligent and respectful, so far. What a contrast to the MD board.

ZagNative
11-29-2008, 08:09 AM
Intelligent and respectful, so far. What a contrast to the MD board.I was impressed with the general quality of their posters last year as well, especially those who visited here on guboards. Hope some of them drop by again to say hello and bring their take on the game.

.... It's a long time until Sunday ...

TexasZagFan
11-29-2008, 08:45 AM
I bet more Vol fans are worried about Lane Kiffin.

What does Al Davis know that the Tennessee AD does not, or vice versa?

BobZag
11-29-2008, 08:53 AM
They think gonzaga will cause fits for them, but i see it the other way around.

Me too.

thebigsmoove
11-29-2008, 07:19 PM
I dont want to sound like im in the tank for Gonzaga (i actually am) but seriously, the only team in the nation with more depth is North Carolina, and i think we could hang with them depending on which court the game is played on and which refs call that game...UT is good, but they lost a lot from last year, and i think we've gained a whole lot more...GU is final four bound, maybe even national title contenders...we got this one and we will handle them in knoxville too...

I do love Bruce Pearl, the only other coach in the nation that rivals my respect for Mark Few (well i do have a man crush on Coach K too...)

Loftonfor3
11-29-2008, 07:22 PM
Tenn has won 34 in a row at home. If you get us my friend, it will be Sunday. BTW, how deep are the zags? Tenn goes 10 deep.

TokyoZag
11-29-2008, 08:15 PM
Tenn has won 34 in a row at home. If you get us my friend, it will be Sunday. BTW, how deep are the zags? Tenn goes 10 deep.

We're a legitimate 9 players, (that's counting Sacre) If necessary, we also have 7'5" Will Foster, but he usually doesn't get big minutes unless we see injuries, foul trouble or a blowout.

We got 21 and 15 points off the bench in our previous two games.

It's gonna be fun. Tennessee might be the deepest team we play all year. Most of us here figure that whoever takes care of the ball the most will bring home the trophy. Our free throws are a big problem right now, but other than that, I think we're playing pretty well. Don't see too many weaknesses in the orange team. Should be a great game!

TacomaZAG
11-30-2008, 08:00 AM
Thanks for stopping by on the board, and for coming out last year for the BIS. One last request, since we are coming to Knoxville this year, where you guys have won 34 in a row, PLEASE return the favor and visit the Kennel next year, where we are 54-2 since the building opened. A real Home & Home would be great for both schools.

BTW, it's pronounced Gun-zAg-a (zAg as in zig-zag), somebody please tell Bruce Pearl.

Looking forward to a great game, and learning experience for both schools.

Go ZAGS

volfanatic86
11-30-2008, 08:06 AM
I was impressed with the general quality of their posters last year as well, especially those who visited here on guboards. Hope some of them drop by again to say hello and bring their take on the game.

.... It's a long time until Sunday ...

Hello Gonzaga fans! I hope you guys are as excited as me about the game tonight. I think both teams are very good, and I'm thinking it's going to be a great game. I think it'll be close, hope my Vols win. After this game and the one in Knoxville, I'll be cheering for ya. :)

MickMick
11-30-2008, 08:16 AM
Bruce Pearl is charismatic. He will continue to bring loads of talent to UT. I think they are on the verge of surpassing Florida as the premier basketball school in the SEC. Kentucky hasn't been there for awhile now.

alaskazagnut
11-30-2008, 11:09 AM
is obviously "guided" by great moderators. Almost all message boards that are forgotten about by the mods, dwindle to be controlled by verbal grafitti thugs who like to latch on to a public forum and vandalize it with abuse. When the offenders are quickly weeded out the overall quality is maintained. They just quit after a while and go back to the ESPN or CBSsportsline boards.

THANKS BOBZAG, CDC, RONCALLI, etc, AND ALL THE OTHERS WHO CARE ENOUGH DAILY !!!!

TennesseeFan07
11-30-2008, 11:29 AM
I'm a member of VN. You'd never guess my username??? (Hint:It's the same as mine here) I think most of the realist posters have been nothing, but respectful towards the Gonzaga program.

LynetteG
11-30-2008, 01:44 PM
in my Michigan dialect I pronounce the school as Gahn-ZAG-ah. Much closer than those saying Gun-zah-gah though... LOL

Bassmanbruno
11-30-2008, 02:13 PM
Vol fan here.

Personally - I don't think Tennessee can keep up with the Zags bucket for bucket for a full 40 minutes. Its not that we will get tired since we're 10 deep - just very inexperienced. Although the Maryland/GT certainly makes me feel a little better about our chances... but basketball is a game of match ups. That was an impressive thump you all gave them.

You won't see much of our 'real' pressure just like you didn't last year in Seattle. Bruce never presses for a majority of the game when the team has a proven PG just like Pargo that can break us down and give the other team easy baskets. We'll still press at certain opportunities (especially when we make runs and score a few buckets in a hurry) - but don't expect that to be a major key to the game imo.

I think the game will be won by the Zags in the paint. Chism is a great player. Probably will play in the NBA one day - but he's the most inconsistent player I've witnessed in a while. He has so much talent but he makes so many of the plays that make you slap the palm of your hand against your face. He's a foul machine. Heytvelt will take advantage imo. Williams - our other big guy has been foul prone lately too. Tennessee can win this one if these guys stay out of foul trouble.

But I think Heytvelt and Daye have big games tonight. Smith will get his points and either Hopson, Tatum, or Woolridge have a good game for us as well.

We're really looking forward to seeing Maze against the strong Pargo though. He hasn't been extremely tested yet, but has been great so far with 28/3 assist/TO ratio. If he gets in foul trouble though - UT is screwed in any game... our freshman PG was ruled academically ineligible a few weeks ago... (yeah thats jacked up - he was in school for almost a whole semester and just got his whole world rocked - feel bad for him). So we have a SG, Josh Tabb, as his backup. We're a whole different team with Maze in there.

I'll take the Zags in a tough one - but the final margin will be about about 7-12 imo due to inexperienced plays on our part down the stretch.

RenoZag
11-30-2008, 08:17 PM
Bruno, thanks for your post. You thought inexperience might undo the Vols. Looks like that was the cause, certainly not lack of hustle or a lack of depth.
I think if the two teams played 10 games, it would be a split.