PDA

View Full Version : Seattle PI: Gonzaga rallies from adversity

FuManShoes
03-14-2007, 06:08 AM
A good look at a tumultuous season, a great coach, a supportive AD, inspiring players and a future full of promise.
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/cbasketball/307400_zags14.html

gu03alum
03-14-2007, 06:19 AM
Dick Davey had nice things to say too.

"It's fairly obvious that Mark is a masterful coach," said Davey, who was just forced out after 15 seasons at Santa Clara. "He and his staff have done a tremendous job of recruiting, No. 1, and then getting players to play at a very high level. What they run offensively is excellent. Their structure and their game plan of how they do things defensively is very intelligent.

thickman1
03-14-2007, 09:09 AM
Excellent article. I like how it ended with Sean's quote:

"People were worried about this year," said Mallon, who grew up in Spokane watching Gonzaga basketball. "Was this the end of it? Well, it's not. We've got great players coming. They've recruited another good group. The coaches have created a culture of winning. I think it's going to keep going for a long, long time."

Section 116
03-14-2007, 03:46 PM
I was interested in Roth's comments on the schedule. We need some more home games in the pre conference part of the schedule for sure. And yes spread out those tough games. I still like the anyone, anywhere, anytime mentality.