PDA

View Full Version : Inbounds pass

jim77
11-28-2008, 12:41 AM
We had another 5 sec call. If we make it to TN, we will have a heck of a time inbounding.

Back in the day we always used the TALL guy to throw the inbounds pass. He had better vision and it left an extra guard free for ball handling. I just don't think the guard should be throwing it inbounds....especially when the pass is thrown from the baseline. I know it makes for cool dunks ocassionally but, lets worry about getting the ball in. To me it makes no sense for 6-2 JP to be throwing an inbounds pass over a guy 6 inches taller...were just asking to get it stolen.

zaguarxj
11-28-2008, 07:39 AM
I though this thread was going to be about how cool it is that Austin stole the ball once again while guarding the inbounder. Not deflected back out of bounds or tipped to a teammate, but stole it outright at a crucial point of the game. Absolutely awesome. How many times do you see that happen in college? We're seeing it every game.

CDC84
11-28-2008, 07:42 AM
Meech is a freshman. He'll learn that you need call a time out in that situation. Gonzaga had plenty of them.

GoZags
11-28-2008, 07:49 AM
I though this thread was going to be about how cool it is that Austin stole the ball once again while guarding the inbounder. Not deflected back out of bounds or tipped to a teammate, but stole it outright at a crucial point of the game. Absolutely awesome. How many times do you see that happen in college? We're seeing it every game.

Unfortunately saw that a few too many times v Davidson (the other way)