PDA

View Full Version : Gonzaga vs Maryland...your prediction

Reborn
11-27-2008, 10:32 PM
Gonzaga plays much better against Maryland tomorrow. Zags like playing ACC teams. Austin and Josh are upset about their poor performance tonight and get better prepared mentally for this one. Michigan State had no inside game today because of injuries and foul problems. Maryland will have more difficulty guarding our post players. Austin gets a double double.

Steven Gray finally hits a few 3's to everyone's relief, and Ira continues his impressive play off the bench.....Everyone breathes a sigh of relief as we shoot 80% from the line. Zags attribute their better shooting performance to getting more acclimated to the East Coast.

Gonzaga 91
Maryland 78

gbnyba17
11-27-2008, 10:43 PM
i thought it was real funny reading that maryland forum and seeing how multiple posters said "these two teams are terrible" referring to our game against ok st. i think they will be quite surprised tomorrow. Gonzaga shakes the rust off, starts hitting from downtown, gets a ton outa josh and austin, and hits some fricken free throws!!! maryland isnt nearly the threat from 3 pt land that ok st is, and as a result, i would be surprised if we win by anything less than double digits. call me stupid, but i really dont think this game should or will be that close. Gonzaga 87-71.

MickMick
11-27-2008, 10:46 PM
Zags returned from a nine day layoff. I think they will be markedly improved on offense tomorrow.

i thought it was real funny reading that maryland forum and seeing how multiple posters said "these two teams are terrible" referring to our game against ok st. i think they will be quite surprised tomorrow. Gonzaga shakes the rust off, starts hitting from downtown, gets a ton outa josh and austin, and hits some fricken free throws!!! maryland isnt nearly the threat from 3 pt land that ok st is, and as a result, i would be surprised if we win by anything less than double digits. call me stupid, but i really dont think this game should or will be that close. Gonzaga 87-71.

primal23
11-27-2008, 10:52 PM
Gu 90 Md 87

jim77
11-27-2008, 11:06 PM
MD is better than advertised but, we will wear them down. Josh has a big game and Pargo get back into the double digit assists. Zags 84-Terps 69

NEZAGFAN
11-28-2008, 06:35 AM
Gu-79 Md-71

johnwzag
11-28-2008, 07:29 AM
84-67 Gu

ZagManFan
11-28-2008, 07:39 AM
As good as the win was for Maryland against the #6 team, I just did not think Michigan State was worthy of that high of a ranking. They have not played well to start the season against lesser foes. GU has the better talent and will win this game. Fairly close (6-8 point margin most of the game ) and FT's down the end will give us a 13 point victory.

88-75

bartruff1
11-28-2008, 08:10 AM
I think I will take some of that...just a hunch that the rust is off and the struggle to win over OSU is the kind of game that builds confidence...Few is one cool dude and it all starts at the top..

75Zag
11-28-2008, 08:19 AM
Line was 5.5 or 6 as of a few minutes ago.

My strategy if I am coaching:

Need to keep Fox on the bench - or perhaps out of the building.

Need to make at least 70% from the free throw line.

Do the above, and I can see Bulldogs by 11 or 12

GonzagaLove
11-28-2008, 08:22 AM
Zags by 17.

Rust is off.

Ira will make up for his dunk rejection with a Sportcenter top ten highlight.

kitzbuel
11-28-2008, 09:22 AM
I liked the fact that both Josh and Matt were hitting mid-range jumpers pretty regularly in the second half. Great confidence booster, especially for Matt. If they can keep that up, GU by 10.

RenoZag
11-28-2008, 09:45 AM
Zags by 3

SonofZagineer
11-28-2008, 09:48 AM
Gu 84
Md 79

75Zag
11-28-2008, 09:51 AM
So Reno, are you taking Maryland and the points?

I hate trying to handicap these early season matchups.

CanadZag
11-28-2008, 09:53 AM
This game has the potential to be similar to the Texas Tech loss last year if we're not careful... A Late victory over Western Kentucky that left something to be desired the previous night and then playing a middle-of-their-conference BCS team with a potentially big final ahead.

I believe our Zags have learned from next year, and will shore up their FT shooting tonight... Josh will break out.

Zags 80
Terps 74

RenoZag
11-28-2008, 10:04 AM
So Reno, are you taking Maryland and the points?

I hate trying to handicap these early season matchups.

If I was venturing out to the local wagering parlor. . .yes. :o

I just don't think they will blow out the Terps.

And I concur, 75, these early season games are a crap shoot.

P.S. Which is why I rarely wager on anything with two legs. . .

lawzag
11-28-2008, 10:14 AM
Last night, against Ok St., I was predicting Zags by 7, but I think Maryland just had a really good game yesterday & Michigan St just had a really bad game yesterday.

So, today, I predict we won't have the ref who called just breathing on someone a foul & the Zags will win by 11. :)

Akzag
11-28-2008, 10:53 AM
Stepp stops by after hitting Tupica, goes off for 7 threes in the first half, leaving Gary Williams shaking his head in disbelief (again).

The Zags by 12, reestablishing our dominance over ACC teams.