X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • El Voce
    • Apr 2024

Robert Sacre

A group of us watching the game together -- which included some board regulars and spouses -- were all quite happy with how well Robert Sacre played tonight.

Early Zag foul trouble probably forced Coach Few to play Sacre more than he intended, but Sacre was an asset while on the floor.

Early indications would appear to be that once Sacre rounds into game shape, he will be a much bigger force than he was last season.
  • zag67
    Zag for Life
    • Sep 2007

I do agree with the Voice. He played the center of the zone very well and showed he was quick and could move. He did a great job for his first game of the year.

Comment

• MedZag
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

He looked rusty in the offenseive sets but he was aggressive on the boards, and yes, I agree, seemed to be moving around very well.

Pleasant surprise.
      Training Grounds: Rambling Thoughts of a Surgical Resident
      You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions. -Siddhartha Gautama

Comment

• Nevtelen
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Agreed - rusty but improved in the post.

Comment

• kitzbuel
          • Feb 2007

I don't think he looked comfortable in the offensive sets at all. He was not looking to be agressive and look for opportunities, but was looking to pass as soon as he got the ball.
          'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
          - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• GoZags
            Super Moderator
            • Feb 2007

On the radio postgame show, Tommy said Rob's nowhere near ready, but they needed him tonight and he really contributed.

Can't wait for the big fella to get into a little better shape.

He will help this season.
            sigpic
            “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
            ——-
            List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
            Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• kitzbuel
              • Feb 2007

At least he hit his free throws.
              'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
              - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• johnwzag
                Zag for Life
                • Mar 2008

Originally posted by kitzbuel View Post
                At least he hit his free throws.
                Good point. Sacre's first game in a long while. We have yet to see Sacre. He is big and can scare the offense. Le'ts see what happens.
                When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep - not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

• GPGUgrad
                  Zag for Life
                  • Oct 2007

Originally posted by GoZags View Post
                  On the radio postgame show, Tommy said Rob's nowhere near ready, but they needed him tonight and he really contributed.

Can't wait for the big fella to get into a little better shape.

He will help this season.
                  I agree.

Comment

• jim77
                    Zag for Life
                    • Oct 2007

It was nice to see Big rob in there. He did a good job guarding the rim and playing his role due to Josh's foul trouble.

Comment

• roxdoc
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Not only was this his first game - but good grief he was just coming back from major foot surgery. He undoubtedly played more than Few would have wanted right out of the box. With all of that I think he did a credible job of eating up minutes and in all honesty I didn't think there was that much of an offensive fall off tonight when he went in for Josh.

Go Rob - get up to game shape, practice your offense, etc. Tonight showed just how much we need you big guy!

Comment

• Reborn
                        Zag for Life
                        • Oct 2007

A big surprise to see him play. I had to look two and three times because I really didn't think he was going to play. Its funny because there was a thread posted earlier tonight stating that GU would win if? I was going to say if Sacre plays....but thought that would be kind of dumb so I held back. He helped us a lot. Not a great performance but a good one. Hit both foul shots which we can't say about many tonight.
                        Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• TacomaZAG
                          Zag for Life
                          • Mar 2007

Great to see Rob

back in action. Rusty, yes, not in game shape, yes, but still in there contributing. We are really going to need him when Josh gets in early foul trouble, especially when Austin is in foul trouble early also.

Go Rob.

Go ZAGS

Comment

• ZagNut08
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Great to see him play, especially since him entering the game meant Will leaving the game

He is going to give us a much needed banger inside who can clear some space and grab boards.

Comment

• 75Zag
                              Zag for Life
                              • Mar 2007

Sacre

Good effort for 1st game back. We are going to need him tonight in order to try and manage Dave Neal. Neal's 270 pounds and 17 points pretty well toasted Michigan State last night. Will be very interesting to see what happens this afternoon.
                              Do not go gentle into that good night,
                              Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
                              Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Comment

Working...
                              X