PDA

View Full Version : Dinner Exit Strategies for Tip-Off

GonzagasaurusFlex
11-27-2008, 10:58 AM
Anyone else facing the Thanksgiving Day dilemna of how to exit the feast so as to enjoy ESPN2's Feast-Week serving of Zags vs OKSt?

Please advise.....

FuManShoes
11-27-2008, 11:10 AM
"Hey, gang, I'm not feeling too well. I'll be in the bathroom - with the flatscreen."

"Hey, gang, I am plum stuffed! Gonna go lay down for a bit - with the flatscreen."

"Hey, gang, just remembered I left some important paperwork back at the office. I need to run down there right now - with the flatscreen."

"Hey, gang, did you here they are selling HDTVs at best Buy for $400?? I better go get in line - with our old flatscreen."

hondo46
11-27-2008, 11:11 AM
Not wanting to tell anyone what time dinner will end (don't care when it starts) I am simply staying home this year. Best exit strategy is sometimes a nonentrance strategy.

zagabond
11-27-2008, 11:13 AM
Honesty is the best policy. If you have a passion for Zag basketball they will understand. (P.S. Don't forget to set your DVR in case you get stuck).

RenoZag
11-27-2008, 11:30 AM
Invite others to watch the game with you. . .and then loudly announce,

"You'll have to pry the remote from my cold dead hand ."

Be tough. Be a Zag.

Happy Thanksgiving and good luck walking the diplomatic tightrope. . .

Rangerzag
11-27-2008, 11:36 AM
Go to dinner at niece's house. The one who is a Zag and married a Zag :)

johnwzag
11-27-2008, 11:36 AM
Dude... I am sorry. I am lucky enough to have dinner here and I am cooking the turkey, so it will be done 3 hours before the game. I did that intentionally.

I told everyone well in advance what was going down.

Tell them how important the game is to you.

Proudzagmom
11-27-2008, 11:48 AM
Ironically, this is the first time we will be having Thanksgiving at our house, just the six of us. YES!! I get to wear my ZAG's sweatshirt all day and not worry about missin' the game.

SDzagster
11-27-2008, 01:34 PM
I like Hondo's non-entrance strategy...actually we usually have a turkey dinner party on the Sunday before so we can travel to a golf or beach destination on Thanksgiving.

GonzagasaurusFlex
11-27-2008, 03:14 PM
OK.....I will sheepishly admit here to the board I 'called in sick' to the family that invited me over to Thanksgiving Dinner.

I rationalized this by focusing on the fact I was merely one of a party of 15, so my absence - despite the great humor and fascinating conversation I, uh, bring to the table - will not dampen the spirit of their gathering too much.

In short, I went with Hondo's non-entrance strategy rather than bluntly admit I was willing to back away from the table wherever we were in the meal for the sake of a basketball game.

Thanks for helping me know I am not alone in my powerlessness over GU hoops!

Go Zags

Final4Zag
11-27-2008, 03:38 PM
Still cleanup, followed by dessert, followed by serveral hours of card games.
I announced to all that at 6pm, come hell or highwater, I'm watching the Zag game.

I'm not to popular right now.

Not sure how this is gonna turn out.

I think a mans gotta stick by his princibles. But.....?

zag buddy
11-27-2008, 03:44 PM
I told all the kids thanksgiving had been renamed to Zagsgiving and explained the historic importance of the pilgrams and what it meant to the future Zag program. I will elaborate on the subject to them more at halftime.