• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wolkster
    Redshirt
    • Feb 2007

America's Team

I was watching American Idol with the family and switched over to ESPN during the (long) commercials and they were reviewing the West Regional. The announcer says something like, "And Indiana will be playing America's team, Gonzaga."

Then they show Andy Katz who says that the Indiana/Gonzaga game is THE game to watch of all the first round matchups and they show Pargo throw down a couple of tomahawk jams. Sweet.
  • Symi81
    Bulldog Fan
    • Feb 2007

bah..

I don't know if I like being called America's team. Although I like having national exposure, I disdain media hype. Additionally, they hype makes a lot of non-GU fans jealous of GU when they otherwise may not be.

America kinda sucks too. I'd rather be the Northwest's team, or the Catholic's team, or the mid-major's team... hahaha haha...whatever

Comment

• kylasdad
      Kennel Club Material
      • Feb 2007

America Sucks????? Move to Canada or something.

Comment

• bayzag09
        Banned
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Symi81 View Post
        America kinda sucks too. I'd rather be the Northwest's team, or the Catholic's team, or the mid-major's team... hahaha haha...whatever
        What?! sorry to sound like a "hick", but if you don't like it please go live in mexico! Ingrate

Comment

• Ziggy
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

We're not talking about the national political power base here, we're talking about the people or "the common man/ woman" of America and that does not
          "kinda suck". The people need things to embrace and it might as well be the Zags!
          "Reaching into his bag and taking out a stone, he slung it and struck..."

Comment

• GSL-KID
            Bulldog Fan
            • Feb 2007

That "America's Team"

That "America's Team" saying is said by Lewis & Clark HS alum Neil Evrett. The Spokane native always remarks about Spokane tid-bits when talking about the Zags or Cougs..

He has also said in the past.......

"Adam Morrison, that's all GSL right there with that move"
            "Free Wammy's tonight at Dicks with a Zag win"
            "Mr. Mead Panther with a nifty move"
            "The folks at Jack and Dans aren't happy with that call"

"A line is out the door as we speak at the Coug with that win"
            "The Kennel was rock'n like the old Boone Street Barn for chiefs hockey"

very common.

Comment

• UberZagFan
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by bayzag09 View Post
              What?! sorry to sound like a "hick", but if you don't like it please go live in mexico! Ingrate
              I disagree with the phrasing of the initial statement as well, but I think the intent was not to bag on "America" but to indicate that a more local or more appropriate term be used.

Your comment, on the other hand, is uncalled for.
              If you can't handle the confusion, stay out of the Foo!

Uber on GuBoards: "Pathetic. We've got posters just sleepwalking through threads."

No Foo for You!

Comment

• RenoZag
                Super Moderator
                • Feb 2007

Another mention of the Zags. . .

The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• bayzag09
                  Banned
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by UberZagFan View Post
                  I disagree with the phrasing of the initial statement as well, but I think the intent was not to bag on "America" but to indicate that a more local or more appropriate term be used.

Your comment, on the other hand, is uncalled for.
                  I'm sorry, but when can I get that gift you possess? The gift that explains how to understand intent. Please...is it in the mail? Can I run out and buy it?

Plus, I do not understand how it was uncalled for. What? You don't like Mexico?

Comment

Working...
                  X