PDA

View Full Version : A Prayer For a Fellow Zag

2011Zag
11-25-2008, 10:41 AM
While GU is playing in the OSC and everyone is enjoying the holidays with their families, please take a second out of your day to say a prayer for a current Zag. Austin Fisher, a sophomore at Gonzaga was in a very serious car accident yesterday while driving home for Thanksgiving break. He is currently in the ICU with a broken neck and massive head trauma. The situation couldn't be worse and Austin needs a miracle. Its amazing what the Zags have been able to do in the last decade and with the help of the great GU community maybe we can pull one more miracle out. Please say a prayer for Austin and his family.

former1dog
11-25-2008, 10:56 AM
Consider it done.

God Bless and protect young Mr. Fisher.

coolhandzag
11-25-2008, 11:07 AM
Christ's peace be with Austin and his family.

MickMick
11-25-2008, 11:12 AM
Our family will be praying for hope and encouragement for Mr. Fisher and his family.

Reborn
11-25-2008, 11:18 AM
Consider it done too. Today, all day, and every day.............Christ be with Austin and his family. Lord, bring this young man back to GU.

ToreroStudent
11-25-2008, 11:21 AM
Thoughts and prayers from USD's student body. May God help Austin pull through and protect him.

lawzag
11-25-2008, 11:31 AM
All weekend long - my family's prayers will be for Austin & the Fisher family.
May God protect all of you.

gbnyba17
11-25-2008, 11:31 AM
I will be praying for Austin. God be with him and be with this young man. Here's to safe travels as fellow Zags are traveling to and from Spokane for the holidays.

MBZags
11-25-2008, 11:44 AM
I heard about this last night. It's just awful. My prayers will be with him.

mendiant
11-25-2008, 11:48 AM
Thanks for letting us know!

mendiant

johnwzag
11-25-2008, 11:49 AM
I am and will.

ZagMan in Philly
11-25-2008, 11:50 AM
Our thoughts and prayers are with you Austin.

lothar98zag
11-25-2008, 11:56 AM
:pray:

MDABE80
11-25-2008, 12:20 PM
Just terrible news. Prayers for him and family. Abe

HillBillyZag
11-25-2008, 12:29 PM
May Jesus Christ send sthe Holy Spirit to bring healing and comfort to he and his family.

kitzbuel
11-25-2008, 01:15 PM
Praying for Austin as well as the safety of all Zags over this busy travel period. Everyone please, please be careful.

Stay the night where you are if you have more to drink than you think you should for driving or get someone else to drive.

Be alert to bad driving and weather conditions.

Be alert to other drivers, there will be lots of them and plenty of them bad or drunk.

God Bless all, especially Austin and his family.

gozagswoohoo
11-25-2008, 01:36 PM
JEEZ! Really sad...he'll be in my prayers.

GPGUgrad
11-25-2008, 01:46 PM
I am so sorry to hear that.

My prayers and best wishes.

webspinnre
11-25-2008, 02:40 PM
Prayers for Austin and his family go out from myself and my family.

Proudzagmom
11-25-2008, 03:00 PM
Miracles do happen and I will pray for this young man and his family and for the safety of all of those traveling home for the holiday.

sittingon50
11-25-2008, 03:01 PM
Prayers to Austin, his family & all kids everywhere going home for Thanksgiving.

Bocco
11-25-2008, 03:10 PM
he and his family will be in my prayers

cggonzaga
11-25-2008, 03:25 PM
May God be with Austin and his family this Thanksgiving and may all our prayers be heard and answered.

Pargo the Destroyer
11-25-2008, 03:38 PM
what an unfortunate way to have things put into perspective. Will ask for some holy help for this young man. PLEASE BE SAFE, EVERYONE!

Angelo Roncalli
11-25-2008, 03:44 PM
Thoughts and prayers to this young man and his family.

CarolinaZagFan
11-25-2008, 03:59 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with Austin and his family.

GoZags
11-25-2008, 04:49 PM
Thoughts and prayers to Austin and his loved ones.

zagfan24
11-25-2008, 05:47 PM
Thoughts and prayers to him and his family. Here's to a speedy and full recovery.

LongIslandZagFan
11-25-2008, 05:48 PM
My prayers to Austin and his family.

LynetteG
11-25-2008, 06:11 PM
My God wrap him in holy arms and protect him always.

RRZagFan
11-25-2008, 07:00 PM
In our prayers,Also hoping everyone else that will be on the roads has Gods' blessing.

Vanzagger
11-25-2008, 08:36 PM
and hoping.

vz

Grad Zag
11-25-2008, 10:09 PM
God bless. Your in my prayers Austin.

MBZags
11-25-2008, 11:31 PM
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=46375704467

There's a group on Facebook tracking his status, with his friends providing updates.

dnj116
11-26-2008, 03:39 AM
I wish him the best. I'm praying for you.

kclubfounder
11-26-2008, 07:26 AM
I will be with a big clan of Zags this w/end. There will be a lot more prayers for Austin thanks to this thread.

Vizagra
11-26-2008, 07:47 AM
He and his family will be in my family's thoughts and prayers.

To everyone else, please travel safe and have a fun and happy Thanksgiving.

Pasquino
11-26-2008, 08:03 AM
I will remember him when I celebrate Mass tomorrow morning.

Lurknomore
11-26-2008, 08:09 AM
Prayers to him and his family.

Colbyspapa
11-26-2008, 09:31 AM
God watch over Austin, his family and friends in this tough time.

CaliforniaZaggin'
11-26-2008, 10:49 AM
We're all pulling for you, Austin. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

LynetteG
11-26-2008, 12:26 PM
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=46375704467

There's a group on Facebook tracking his status, with his friends providing updates.

Thanks for posting this! I see Ira posted from Orlando on behalf of the team!

ZagNative
11-26-2008, 12:48 PM
I have already offered up my first prayer and will be asking my son, daughter-in-law and grandchildren who traveled here to Spokane from Seattle to celebrate Thanksgiving to join me in prayer as we sit down to dinner.

Thanks to all the heartfelt prayers offered up here. They warm my soul and I hope will provide a measure of comfort for Austin's loved ones and bring a recovery for Austin through God's mercy.

DoggieDogpound
11-26-2008, 01:01 PM
My prayers to Austin and his family - I was in a fairly serious auto accident with some other GU students when I was at GU and can remember all the people from GU who came up to Sacred Heart every day to visit and wish us well.....some of them are probably on this board.

MidwestZagFan
11-26-2008, 01:55 PM
Austin and his family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

75Zag
11-26-2008, 02:04 PM
May God bless this young man and his family, and grant them peace.

When you sit down for Thanksgiving Dinner tomorrow - whether it is a gourmet free range turkey and fixings in an 8,000 foot mansion or a can of beans in a homeless shelter - take a moment to look around the room and to look into your heart and give thanks for everyone who is with you in body or in spirit.

Nobody knows what may happen in the future, so appreciate today.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programing. Go Bulldogs.

ZigZagSoCal
11-26-2008, 03:07 PM
Austin and his family will be in our family's prayers. Also our prayers to everyone for a safe and heartfelt Thanksgiving.

johnwzag
11-26-2008, 06:14 PM
Any new info on Austin?

wazmix
11-26-2008, 06:21 PM
I'm in Portland/Vancouver.

I'm not doing much before dinner on Thursday.
Is there anything I can do, besides pray?

Maybe a Zag-Group visit, eventually?

MBZags
11-26-2008, 10:13 PM
I haven't seen anything new on his condition posted, at this point, but I'm not really an insider on this.

bigblahla
11-27-2008, 12:06 PM
Austin, our prayers are with you.

Reborn
11-27-2008, 02:04 PM
Thank you, Lord for already answering our prayers. Thank you for hearing us. Send your mighty angels to him now to help in his speedy recovery. Please contiue to touch him with the power of your healing love.

thespywhozaggedme
11-27-2008, 08:11 PM
I will pray for him before I go to bed.

LynetteG
11-27-2008, 08:24 PM
Any new info on Austin?

this is the latest from the facebook page linked above:

"There has been positive progress everyday since he has had his surgery. He is starting to breathe better on his own and he is moving his hands and feet more. The prayers are certainly helping and it seems like everyday he's getting a little better.

Also it has been determined that he will probably be in th hospital for the next few months. However, keep praying and hopefully he'll be out sooner! Thank you for all the support and prayers. Hang in there Austin! We love you!"

kitzbuel
11-27-2008, 08:33 PM
That is great. The things that they can do now for head trauma and brain injuries are amazing. Now pray that he can get full functions.

ZagMan in Philly
11-28-2008, 04:30 AM
Very encouraging news, thanks for the update.

OlyZagFan
11-28-2008, 09:03 AM
Thought some might be interested...here is the most recent update from his Facebook page:RECENT NEWS: Kait just got back from the hospital with Austin. So here are a few more updates for those who didn't get kait's message.

Yesterday his face and body were really swollen/puffy and his brain pressure was at around 18ish (they want it under 20... but 10 is ideal). Today, however, the puffiness had gone down a lot! The color in his face was restored to a really good normal color. His brain pressure is now around a constant 12.. super good improvements. He has been fighting a fever, so they have his room cold, ice packs are on his sides, and they have him pretty much naked. They say the fever is common in people with serious brain injuries... but it still needs to go down soon.

When the pressure in his brain gets stable and a little lower, they can do an MRI which will tell more about the tissues in his brain. They are also waiting on the pressure to go down before they try to stimulate a response out of him. He still hasn't woken up... the doctors say it will take a while before he really starts to move. He needs to wake up and do all those things on his own time... so we just wait. But he's really doing well and fighting hard.

fedwayzag
11-28-2008, 09:05 AM
I will be praying for this young man. Miracles do happen

zagcheer78
11-28-2008, 10:33 AM
At this Sundays Mass, we can offer up the grace that we receive for Austin's recovery. If some of us have not been to Mass lately, this would be a great reason to go.

johnwzag
11-29-2008, 01:40 PM
Still praying for him, his friends and family.

GoZags
12-03-2008, 07:53 PM
Today's update. Keep up the good progress, Austin.
-------------------------------------
Dec. 3, 2008: This is recent news from Austin's dad.

Austin had a quiet night. When I arrived this morning they were giving him a breathing test. He was doing fine. His goal for today is to get the ventilator removed. It is amazing how fast these things have progressed this week. They are also moving him from sedatives to pain relievers. These are all good signs and show that things are moving in a positive direction.

former1dog
12-08-2008, 09:16 AM
My younger boy, who is 2 months shy of his 2nd birthday, has been reminding me to keep up our prayers for "Fisher" to "Get Better Soon".

Angelo Roncalli
12-08-2008, 01:30 PM
Dec 7: From Kate and Annie

This afternoon Austin was doing well. He was not sedated, and was only on pain killers. He was moving around a lot and by the time Kate and I left I think he was worn out. He was also put in a chair so that he could sit up while we were visiting today. This seemed to stimulate his movement and it appeared that he was more comfortable sitting up and that his movements were more purposeful. This was also the first time I have seen him in his helmet. This will protect his head while he heals. Austin is breathing completely on his own now which we are very thankful for. It also appears that his pneumonia is subsiding. Today was a day of positive moves and a day for small blessings.

johnwzag
12-08-2008, 03:15 PM
Dec 7: From Kate and Annie

This afternoon Austin was doing well. He was not sedated, and was only on pain killers. He was moving around a lot and by the time Kate and I left I think he was worn out. He was also put in a chair so that he could sit up while we were visiting today. This seemed to stimulate his movement and it appeared that he was more comfortable sitting up and that his movements were more purposeful. This was also the first time I have seen him in his helmet. This will protect his head while he heals. Austin is breathing completely on his own now which we are very thankful for. It also appears that his pneumonia is subsiding. Today was a day of positive moves and a day for small blessings.

Yea! I am so glad to hear he is doing so much better.

HillBillyZag
12-12-2008, 08:33 PM
Never doubt the power of Prayer. We will continue to pray for a rapid recovery.

Vizagra
12-15-2008, 12:23 PM
Keep the updates coming! He will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.

Chay Chay
12-22-2008, 10:48 PM
Hey everyone.
I am the other person that was in the accident with Austin. I would like to thank you ALL for all of your prayers. No doubt they are what is pulling him out of this tough time. So thank you for thinking of him when he needs it most.
Austin looks better and better each time I see him. I got a smile and a wave a few days ago. He is eating thicker liquid foods and wearing his glasses now. He still hasn't said anything. The piece of his skull that the doctors removed for swelling will remain off for the next few months. With more prayers and luck, Austin will soon be off to rehab!
Thanks again for your prayers and please keep Austin and his family in your thoughts and hearts during this holiday season and throughout the year.
-Chelsea Davidson

kitzbuel
12-23-2008, 08:53 AM
Thanks much for the info. It is good to see he is doing relatively well. Glad you are OK, also.

gamagin
01-06-2009, 11:05 AM
Hey everyone.
I am the other person that was in the accident with Austin. I would like to thank you ALL for all of your prayers. No doubt they are what is pulling him out of this tough time. So thank you for thinking of him when he needs it most.
Austin looks better and better each time I see him. I got a smile and a wave a few days ago. He is eating thicker liquid foods and wearing his glasses now. He still hasn't said anything. The piece of his skull that the doctors removed for swelling will remain off for the next few months. With more prayers and luck, Austin will soon be off to rehab!
Thanks again for your prayers and please keep Austin and his family in your thoughts and hearts during this holiday season and throughout the year.
-Chelsea Davidson

Best of luck to you, too. You have had a very difficult situation enter your young life. take care of yourself and heal quickly.

all the best,

Angelo Roncalli
01-07-2009, 08:09 AM
http://caringbridge.org/cb/viewHome.do

AJFRollZags
10-31-2011, 10:17 PM
I just wanted to thank each of you for the support and prayers you gave for me. I have been back at school since second semester summer school 2009, just under 8 months after my accident. I'm a senior this year and will hopefully be succeeding in graduating this spring. Again, I want to thank each of you for each moment I ever passed through your minds. Prayer is a powerful thing and I realized that a long time ago. I went through some very tough times during my recovery, I am still recovering, but I wouldn't have made it back to where I am without each of your help. So thank you, this is one of the many reasons I know I have a significant purpose in life and one of the reasons I lovelife.

Austin J Fisher

gamagin
11-02-2011, 03:01 PM
You have been our family's thoughts and prayers since we first read about your accident. It is wonderful to hear from you.

Have a great life ! You've earned it.

all the best,