PDA

View Full Version : Bowman earns WCC 11/24/08 POW

BobZag
11-24-2008, 01:56 PM
Gonzaga University women's basketball player Heather Bowman has been named the West Coast Conference Player of the Week as announced by the conference office Monday, Nov. 24. This is the second-straight week a Bulldog was tabbed as the WCC Player of the Week as Courtney Vandersloot earned the honor last week.

Bowman, a junior forward, led the Zags to a 3-0 week with home wins over Utah Valley University and Montana State University and a road win at the University of Wyoming. The Spokane native averaged 24.0 points, 8.0 rebounds and 2.7 steals while shooting 58.7 percent from the field.

Bowman began the week scoring 19 points in Gonzaga's 95-79 victory over Utah Valley. She also had a team-high six rebounds and three steals in the victory. Bowman then poured in 25 points on 10-for-13 shooting from the field and a perfect 5-for-5 from the free throw line in a 53-point victory over Montana State.

Bowman was unstoppable against Wyoming in GU's final game of the week. She finished four points off her career high with 28 points by hitting 9-of-19 from the field and 10-of-11 at the charity stripe. She also had a team-high 10 rebounds for her first double-double of the year and 15th overall.

This is Bowman's sixth WCC Player of the Week honor of her career.

lothar98zag
11-24-2008, 02:01 PM
congrats!

I dobut this is the last one...

Oldsport
11-24-2008, 10:03 PM
Into her third season at Gonzaga, Heather Bowman takes her excellent skills up another notch. When you study Heather's on-court weapons don't look for "theatrics behavior", for I doubt you will find any. Heather reminds me of a "steal worker"! (pun intended) She is ready, steady and reliable. No one has to tell her what the job is, scoring points, rebounds, assists, and steals. She is able to accomplish this, game after game, to the total delight of all Lady Zags fans. Personally, I look forward to December 12th, our next home game. We will once again watch our "Queen of the Court" as she takes control of the game along with the aid of a tremendous supporting cast of stars. :)

Heather Bowman - You have our warmest, heartfelt gratitude that you play for Gonzaga University. :adored: