PDA

View Full Version : Td/jh

EL MUSTACIO
03-13-2007, 06:16 PM
So, for all of those of who have been reluctant to forgive JOSH/THEO, and don't think they should be able to play GU bball, (assuming that they will be back) will they have your support next year? I agree, it's hard to just let them be forgiven, but is this a thing that will/can ever be forgiven? This brought a bad reputation to the team and disgraced the whole school, but I have been able to give them a second chance after reading all the posts on this board. Will you think of GU basketball in the same way after seeing them play every game?
Thoughts/comments?

Bocco
03-13-2007, 06:20 PM
Why don't we let the whole Josh/Theo subject die until after the NCAA's. Then we can discuss it until our hearts content until next season begins. Lets enjoy and support the players on the floor and not get distracted by thier poor choices.

Zagster
03-13-2007, 07:23 PM
Let's assume these are your kids and they XXXXup. Do you kick them out of the family? Is GU a family? If so, sometime you have to give some tough love and where everyone grows a little. Sometimes, you have to let go of the past and grab hold of the future. That would include all of us who feel they are part of the GU family. It is not always easy, but that is why GU is special. Pargo and Micah are living examples. Josh can be a great example of what it means to be accepted into the GU family, if he embraces the GU core values. I hope all of you who can not accept what has taken place never has a child who disappoints you.

For the young men who are giving their all . . . Go Zags, you represent the best we hope to be.

ZaggyStardust
03-13-2007, 07:37 PM
If the coaches, the team and the University welcome them back, then who are we to not embrace them as well. I greatly admire how Mark has articulated his philosophy about the whole situation and he is the one who has been hurt perhaps the most. His forgiveness and acceptance are enough for me.

Zagster
03-13-2007, 07:46 PM
Well Said ZaggyStardust , ,, Let's move on and put it to bed.

Go Zags!

ZagPants
03-13-2007, 08:15 PM
There are not enough cliches or emoticons to express just how much I agree with you, Stardust. :D:D:D

94zagoldwomanasherdsmen
03-13-2007, 09:07 PM
Why don't we let the whole Josh/Theo subject die until after the NCAA's. Then we can discuss it until our hearts content until next season begins. Lets enjoy and support the players on the floor and not get distracted by thier poor choices.

I personally, would rather talk/type/read about this until I'm in a suicidal depression and completely forget the March basketball that is gloriously now upon us. Maybe we could bring up the Fitz controversy or GU's lack of academic standards instead...:mad:

Actually - please, please drop it. Coach Few sounds like/acts like/looks like and is an upstanding guy who is dealing with this situation with humility, class, and a tough sense of fairness in my opinion. the board will be dead for 6 months so a dead horse should fit right it, just put down the riding crops for a while.

Zag79
03-14-2007, 08:28 AM
besides the fact its a lame topic by now. most posters here have tried a drug or been illegally drunk, so have their children (if old enough). its so easy to bash theo and josh for something that happens more than you know. heres to a lesson learned, and future success!