PDA

View Full Version : The week after...

BCZag
03-13-2007, 02:53 PM
I have never been able to look at the boards for weeks following a tournament loss. Last year I couldn't even stomach watching the remainder of the tournament following the Zags defeat. This year is completely different. Expectations have been met/exceeded, the team and administration have risen to meet adversity, and the team enters the tournament playing well with what I consider to be a favorable draw.
Regardless of what happens over the course of the tournament I will be able to view the boards at the end of the day and look forward to more great things to come. I guess what I love the most, is that where I might be okay with an early tournament exit, I sense that the Zags are expecting much more than that.

These are truly great days!

BobZag
03-13-2007, 03:03 PM
There hasn't been a loss in Zags history quite as tough as last year's. A win over IU would give this team a chance at payback. But you are dead-on. I am very, very proud of this team already and everything they've accomplished. Maybe I should be greedy and want more, more, more... But these guys have given us fans a league championship, a tourney championship, and a 9th consecutive big dance. They've carried on the tradition.

I'm happy.

A loss won't take it away.

former1dog
03-13-2007, 03:04 PM
Nice first post. Thanks for sharing your enthusiasm.

:)

RebornZag
03-13-2007, 04:52 PM
An awesome post, and I think most everyone in ZagNation stands behind what you say. I wonder if ZagNation has ever been filled with so much love for the Zags (dang it there I go again with that L word). Maybe gratitude is a better word, as Oldherdsman would put it. The thing I value so much in ZagNation is the lack of greed...that BZ points too. I'm glad he doesn't have that feeling either. However, I must say that some of us just believe that the Zags will go beyond the first game this year. I don't have this belief because of greed...It is an attitude that is created out of admiration for what they've done, and a belief in the Zag Tradition....And this team exemplifies that tradition more then MANY of us have seen in some years. My hope in our Zags advancing in this wonderful event is not born out of greed but out of a hope that only a sport like basketball, a tournament like March Madness, and a team like Gonzaga can bring to people like me who still love to believe in Camelot.

94zagoldwomanasherdsmen
03-13-2007, 05:05 PM
My hope in our Zags advancing in this wonderful event is not born out of greed but out of a hope that only a sport like basketball, a tournament like March Madness, and a team like Gonzaga can bring to people like me who still love to believe in Camelot.

do you really want to start using the Camelot reference...you're asking for it Pollyanna!;)

upan8th
03-13-2007, 05:05 PM
The tournament this year will be remembered in the future as the one just before Gonzaga embarked upon an unprecedented string of elite eight and final four appearances in '08, '09, culminating in a national championship in 2010. After having to reinvent themselves short weeks before the tournament, any wins this year will be extraordinary.

Nevtelen
03-13-2007, 05:48 PM
I gotta agree. I didn't look at the board for a week or two after that loss last year and I often take a few days off after losses that are hard to stomach. This year, I'm soooo proud of this team. I think it will give us a real, battle-tested, fire-hardened core for next year. I'd obviously love for them to do great in the tourney, but would be happy with a good showing against IU, even if we loose.